Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2424849505152
Results 1,276 to 1,294 of 1294
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Normally you have decent takes but this one is just atrocious. You can claim that Klay scored more points (on more shots btw) something that is factual but your extrapolation from that just makes you look ignorant. Klay Thompson is a limited offensive player (look at his % of FGM that were assisted for an example why).

Klay Thompson scored more points. Factual

Klay Thompson is a better scorer/shooter. Debatable (I'd say wrong)

Klay Thompson is a better offensive player. Inaccurate.

Also wins has nothing to do with whether a player is better offensively.
    Don't get involved if you don't want to see it through. Hit and run takes don't move me. This isn't December 2016. Go back and do your homework.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't get involved if you don't want to see it through. Hit and run takes don't move me. This isn't December 2016. Go back and do your homework.
    No homework is needed if your entire argument hinges on PPG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No homework is needed if your entire argument hinges on PPG.
    Here's how it got started at the beginning of December 2016. Notice that Fkla created the "better offensive player" strawman:

Klaynus doesn't have Kawhi's body or fadeaway to overwhelm opponents in the post. He also doesn't have Kawhi's arsenal of midrange moves. He isn't even as good at getting to the rim as Kawhi, even though that isn't even a big strength in Kawhi's game. This is why I laugh when people say Klay is a better offensive player. He's really not. It's a whole different ballgame when you have to consistently create shots on your own instead of playing off of Steph/KD or even Raymond's playmaking.
    What's Kawhi's career high again?

I'm a believer in KL, not as a superstar but as the best 2 way player in the game. Superstar is a term reserved for people with a lot of endorsements, or Tim Duncan.

You think he's a better offensive player than Kawhi, don't you?

lol idiot
    I think he can put points on the board faster than Kawhi. Kawhi can probably get you a bucket from more positions. It depends on how you cherry pick the meaning of the term "offensive player".

If you had both on the same team, which would you want catching and shooting the 3? Which would you think would have the most points at the end of the night most of the time given the same number of touches?
    About the same day he uttered this , Klay went for 60 and had 40 by the half. Indiana as a team had 50. He got embarrassed because he had already stated that Klay was basically garbage (extreme takes, indicated by how he has a cute little nickname for everyone he doesn't like).

Now he's trying to use the strawman to get me to admit he's right. I never said what he's railing against. Don't be fooled by it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's how it got started at the beginning of December 2016. Notice that Fkla created the "better offensive player" strawman:

About the same day he uttered this , Klay went for 60 and had 40 by the half. Indiana as a team had 50. He got embarrassed because he had already stated that Klay was basically garbage (extreme takes, indicated by how he has a cute little nickname for everyone he doesn't like).

Now he's trying to use the strawman to get me to admit he's right. I never said what he's railing against. Don't be fooled by it.
    I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this but you still called Klay the man in GS. He's a good spot up shooter but on most teams he isn't getting those open looks. Curry has and still is the guy attracting most of the defensive attention.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on this but you still called Klay the man in GS. He's a good spot up shooter but on most teams he isn't getting those open looks. Curry has and still is the guy attracting most of the defensive attention.
    Unless Curry was attracting the defense while being on the bench, that's not completely accurate. Klay beat Houston in the opening round without Steph for the most part. No team can plan on leaving Klay open and just worrying about Steph.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait what? How can you call it strawman or sit on your fat asd and claim you never said this:

That's homerism talking. It's the same way people put Kobe in the top 5 all time over at LG.com. Kawhi is probably the best defender in the league, still. He's not even close to being the best offensive player in the league. Klay is a much better offensive player than Kawhi, right now. That could change based on KL's work ethic and the amazing results he gets from his effort, but right now, he's too inconsistent to be considered a great offensive player. He's good, no doubt, but Klay can carry a team on offense. KL cannot. He can do well some times, but he can never do Klay level good.

But you're a Bernie guy. It's understandable you'd be easily misled.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait what? How can you call it strawman or sit on your fat asd and claim you never said this:
    More misdirection...

I said that AFTER you said this:
    As a spot-up shooter I'd take Klay, sure.

Given the same amount of touches, in the same situation (aka without all-world players to play off of) it's Kawhi, easily. I don't care if you're more explosive and can score 60 when playing off others, you aren't a better offensive player than a guy that is superior at getting points on his own when defenses are focused primarily on him.
    Clearly I qualified how i was using the term.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ignoring the only thing that matters: PPG and wins. Klay had a higher PPG. Klay won. In games that mattered in the playoffs, Klay came through with huge performances. Kawhi did not.

using advanced stats only when it suits your argument, yet ignoring the very first stat: points!

fan boy homerism takes on ST are hilarious
    When you call someone a much better offensive player it encompasses everything, you fat idiot. I didn't ignore PPG as I listed it as well. Whats really ironic is for the 16-17 season where Kawhi averaged more PPG you didn't call it the only thing that matters.

Klay didn't win. GS won. But keep using team accomplishments when comparing individuals, fat .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More misdirection...

I said that AFTER you said this:

Clearly I qualified how i was using the term.
    Crofl at trying to slither your fat ass out of det one.

It's right there. Plain as day. You called him much better, you said Kawhi wasn't great offensively, said he can't carry a team on offense (Klay can lol).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crofl at trying to slither your fat ass out of det one.

It's right there. Plain as day. You called him much better, you said Kawhi wasn't great offensively, said he can't carry a team on offense (Klay can lol).
    Klay did. Kawhi did not. I also said it could change. Kawhi was outscored by Aldridge.

Keep cherry picking. You lost.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you call someone a much better offensive player it encompasses everything, you fat idiot. I didn't ignore PPG as I listed it as well. Whats really ironic is for the 16-17 season where Kawhi averaged more PPG you didn't call it the only thing that matters.

Klay didn't win. GS won. But keep using team accomplishments when comparing individuals, fat .
    You used the term then I qualified it. Its right there. I don't dance to your tune, poverty boy.

So MJ didnt win, The Bulls won.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Such a stubborn, fat idiot. Thinking you can slither at your weight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Such a stubborn, fat idiot. Thinking you can slither at your weight.
    Still money available if you find your balls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So MJ didnt win, The Bulls won.
    More like:

So Love didn't win, the Cavs won.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still money available if you find your balls.
    Trying to shed the fat label with money. Doesnt work that way, fat boy. Get on a treadmill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More like:

So Love didn't win, the Cavs won.
    Put up or shut up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Put up or shut up.
    Push ups or sit ups.

Get on it, fat boy.