Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Between Donaldson, Pillar, & Bautista this team is a collection of unbearable bags.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always like seeing them in the playoffs. Straw that stirs the drink. Would like to see another Rangers/Jays series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Canadians are all supposed to be nice too - what gives?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dubs are worse, but the BJs are a close second.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baseball players in general are weird ing dudes who like to "mess around" by doing a bunch of borderline gay to each other.
    Last edited by unleashbaynes; 05-19-2017 at 03:36 PM.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    No, they're not even the douchiest team in baseball. Not when the Cardinals and Red Sox exist. Open it up to all sports and you have to consider the Warriors, Lakers, Patriots, Steelers, Seahawks, Ducks, Sharks, Bruins, Blackhawks, etc. And that's just the modern era, not even considering the past.

Bautista's a , but that doesn't mean the whole team is y. I also don't understand why his bat flips make people so salty, but it was okay when David Ortiz did the same thing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are bat flips frowned upon when pitchers are allowed to do their 'power strut' around the mound after striking hitters out.
    '

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Why are bat flips frowned upon when pitchers are allowed to do their 'power strut' around the mound after striking hitters out.
    '
    Because baseball.

oh noes he flipped his bat!
    i must hit you with 95mph fastball!
    honor!
    tradition!
    the code!

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Because baseball.

honor!
    tradition!
    the code!

yeah the baseball environment is just ing weird all around. I played some growing up but dropped it for football/basketball once I got to high school partly because of the stupid unofficial rules and all around weird clubhouse atmosphere.

IMO, that's usually how it is in majority white sports. There's usually a bunch of dumb hazing stuff and unofficial rules that people get butthurt easily over which I don't understand. I like the football mentality of "you don't like the celebration? Then stop me from scoring." If I'm a pitcher who gives up a home run, I could care less if it takes the runner a minute to moonwalk around the bases, slap home plate with his , and then take a dump all over it...I'm just pissed at myself because I screwed up and I try not to do it again

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Blue Jays won the 1-game playoff last year between them but the O's are going in raw on Toronto so far this year

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Blue Jays won the 1-game playoff last year between them but the O's are going in raw on Toronto so far this year
    Just Buck Showalter doing his usual routine, tbh. Fielding another cute little regular-season team that will go nowhere come playoff time. He's got Media fooled once again; they've been praising him as if he didn't ruin the Orioles' season last year by not bringing Zach Britton in

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buck Showalter is the Larry Brown of baseball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah the baseball environment is just ing weird all around. I played some growing up but dropped it for football/basketball once I got to high school partly because of the stupid unofficial rules and all around weird clubhouse atmosphere.

IMO, that's usually how it is in majority white sports. There's usually a bunch of dumb hazing stuff and unofficial rules that people get butthurt easily over which I don't understand. I like the football mentality of "you don't like the celebration? Then stop me from scoring." If I'm a pitcher who gives up a home run, I could care less if it takes the runner a minute to moonwalk around the bases, slap home plate with his , and then take a dump all over it...I'm just pissed at myself because I screwed up and I try not to do it again
    I've played and watched baseball my whole life, and I have no idea where these unwritten rules came from. And growing up in the 80s, I don't remember retaliation for "showing up" other players. Here's one of the iest bat flips of all-time, and nothing happened from it.

Only time you'd see retaliation is after an obvious dirty play.

Something like this.

"The Code" seems to be a post-steroids era thing.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I've played and watched baseball my whole life, and I have no idea where these unwritten rules came from. And growing up in the 80s, I don't remember retaliation for "showing up" other players. Here's one of the iest bat flips of all-time, and nothing happened from it.

Only time you'd see retaliation is after an obvious dirty play.

Something like this.

"The Code" seems to be a post-steroids era thing.
    The worst one that I can remember in recent memory was when Nyjer Morgan stole a base when his team was down by 8 or so early in the game. Later on, a pitcher threw at him starting a brawl because of it.

Apparently being down 8 runs in the 3rd inning means the game is over and you're supposed to lay down without doing anything to try and spark your team. Steal a base? That's "breaking the code". Apparently, you're just supposed to bend over for the next six innings and take it up the buttcheeks because there's just noooo way you can come back from that deficit. It would be like the Warriors hard fouling a Spurs player for pressing full court in game 4 because they're down 3-0. That was probably the most re ed example I can remember but it's just as bad as the "code" that you're not supposed to bunt during a no hitter/perfect game.

Again, this passive aggressive, "unwritten rules" thing just seems to be prevalent in white majority sports. I'm white but I call it like I see it. I had a stint where I played sand volleyball for a little while and it was the same there even so much as guys would glare at somebody who started their car in the parking lot when someone was serving because it was "distracting". Don't even get me started with all the crap golf has too.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Golf has some of the worst idiots. I can see when you're on the PGA tour, you're playing for your livelihood, you don't want any distractions. But amatuers playing a weekend round that act like my shadow is distracting from 25 yards away are ing idiots, especially when they've been skanking the ball around the course all day. I've had to tell multiple people that when they start playing like Tiger, they'll get treated like it.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Because baseball.

honor!
    tradition!
    the code!
    His bat flip against the Rangers was fine. But that bat flip/stare down while you're getting your ass beat and you've degraded into a really ty player living on reputation alone, that just ing re ed.

So glad this will always be Bautista's legacy -

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    His bat flip against the Rangers was fine. But that bat flip/stare down while you're getting your ass beat and you've degraded into a really ty player living on reputation alone, that just ing re ed.

So glad this will always be Bautista's legacy -

As funny as the Odor incident was, the Rangers targeted Bautista precisely because they were ass-pained by his bat flip in the playoffs (because that was the most important thing to be worried about after a giving up a 3-run HR in a game 5). They even had for foresight to bean him the following season, in their last game of the regular season, in the 8th inning, so there couldn't be time for retribution (guess they didn't expect to be swept in the playoffs).

Bautista does some dumb , but I just find it funny how people get worked up about Bautista but the Redneck savant that is Madison Bumgardner can act like x10 the asshat and be characterized at 'gritty!' or 'passionate'! Either way, getting into brawls for calling someone a got or for fliping a bat is probably part of the reason I can't watch baseball regularly.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Let's be real: Bautista's legacy is being the Rangers' daddy in the playoffs. Odor's legacy is that Bill Buckner moment he had to clinch the sweep.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The worst one that I can remember in recent memory was when Nyjer Morgan stole a base when his team was down by 8 or so early in the game. Later on, a pitcher threw at him starting a brawl because of it.

Apparently being down 8 runs in the 3rd inning means the game is over and you're supposed to lay down without doing anything to try and spark your team. Steal a base? That's "breaking the code". Apparently, you're just supposed to bend over for the next six innings and take it up the buttcheeks because there's just noooo way you can come back from that deficit. It would be like the Warriors hard fouling a Spurs player for pressing full court in game 4 because they're down 3-0. That was probably the most re ed example I can remember but it's just as bad as the "code" that you're not supposed to bunt during a no hitter/perfect game.

Again, this passive aggressive, "unwritten rules" thing just seems to be prevalent in white majority sports. I'm white but I call it like I see it. I had a stint where I played sand volleyball for a little while and it was the same there even so much as guys would glare at somebody who started their car in the parking lot when someone was serving because it was "distracting". Don't even get me started with all the crap golf has too.
    Yeah, that's dumb. Baseball is the one sport where if you have one out, you still have a chance, so it makes no sense to "penalize" a player for playing hard in a blowout.

Like I said, I'm not sure when these "unwritten rules" started to be enforced. Pete Rose ended a guy's career in a meaningless All Star game and the Tigers didn't throw at him the following season.

Rose even stood over him, staring him down after the hit .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is it time for Today's MLB .....?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Let's be real: Bautista's legacy is being the Rangers' daddy in the playoffs. Odor's legacy is that Bill Buckner moment he had to clinch the sweep.
    oh, what a legacy. Skinny Cecil Fielder owns one of the historically worst teams in baseball. I'm sure he'll want that on his grave.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sports?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Great to see Strickland hit Harper with a 98 MPH fastball THREE ING YEARS after Harper took him deep twice in the NLDS.

Apparently Harper 'admired his HR too long ' or 'stared him down ' or something.

Today's Baseball

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great to see Strickland hit Harper with a 98 MPH fastball THREE ING YEARS after Harper took him deep twice in the NLDS.

Apparently Harper 'admired his HR too long ' or 'stared him down ' or something.

Today's Baseball
    I just wish Harper had connected on the haymaker. What a ing stupid reason to throw at someone.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Today's Baseball
    It's funny how only bags actually want to sit and admire their own homers.

Thread Information