Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Best overall coach in the NBA, tbh. Carlisle is the best X's and O's guy, Pop better at team management, but all put together I'd take Brad Stevens over anyone else. It's such bull that a ty coach like Phil Jackson can fall assbackwards in 10 rings, while Stevens probably won't get half that many despite being a far superior coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best overall coach in the NBA, tbh. Carlisle is the best X's and O's guy, Pop better at team management, but all put together I'd take Brad Stevens over anyone else. It's such bull that a ty coach like Phil Jackson can fall assbackwards in 10 rings, while Stevens probably won't get half that many despite being a far superior coach.
    Read a recent article about Pop studying Stevens 's out of time out plays

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    but m-muh meditation in the zen room

If Mike Brown wins the championship this season, it really puts a stain on Phil Jackson's legacy in my book.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I still pace him third and Im pissed Celts got him ..
    but the east is a joke ... and pop and rc could make the ECF with similar talent/path
    Great coach, but still take Pop and RC ...1 and 2 ...
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 05-28-2017 at 10:43 AM.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If Mike Brown wins the championship this season, it really puts a stain on Phil Jackson's legacy in my book.
    Or if Tyrone Lue goes back to back. So, either way, honestly.

But he was smart enough to rest Lebron. If KC Jones had been that smart, the Celts might've won 5 in a row from 84 to 88.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kerr and Lue winning in their 1st years as head coaches did that already. Phil is a fraud. I said this years ago when all the ring talk was going around. Phil's coaching tree looks like a skewer.

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He should be an assistant coach in the USMNT under Pop

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kerr and Lue winning in their 1st years as head coaches did that already. Phil is a fraud. I said this years ago when all the ring talk was going around. Phil's coaching tree looks like a skewer.
    the truth is phil was the perfect coach for shaq and then for kobe. You don't need a coach with these players, you need a full time babysitter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Phil was an ego manager and he creates an internally compe ive environment to feed off the egos of those superstars.

Jordan and Pippen vs management then Kukoc.

Shaq vs Kobe

Carmelo vs the system (and he came to the conclusion melo is not that superstar)

Kobe vs MVPau

And he uses the media to psychologically push his players to achieve the end goal

His method gets short term results but eventually wears down the team and cause them to collapse.

I always find it funny that he has a huge ego for someone who is supposedly zen. He's a walking contradiction.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Phil was an ego manager and he creates an internally compe ive environment to feed off the egos of those superstars.

Shaq vs Kobe

Carmelo vs the system (and he came to the conclusion melo is not that superstar)

Kobe vs MVPau

And he uses the media to psychologically push his players to achieve the end goal

His method gets short term results but eventually wears down the team and cause them to collapse.

I always find it funny that he has a huge ego for someone who is supposedly zen. He's a walking contradiction.
    Rank me your top 5 all time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shaq vs Kobe

Kobe vs MVPau

+1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop
    Larry
    Pat
    Don
    Chuck

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Pop
    Larry
    Pat
    Don
    Chuck
    I got ..
    Larry
    Pat
    Pop
    sloan
    phil

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Daly (ushering in the defense era)
    Pop (building a culture)
    Brown (x and o's)
    Riley (ruthlessness, he's similar to phil in which he burns people out, but he motivates and develops better)
    Auerbach (putting in that defensive system, black players)

I also like Ramsey (for the way he changed his nba views fitness), Phil (ego manager)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adelman was quite good too tbh

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Shaq vs Kobe

Kobe vs MVPau

Interesting. Never thought of it that way

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He should be an assistant coach in the USMNT under Pop
    We're better off firing pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adelman was quite good too tbh
    Adelman was good. His moving offensive was the predecessor of today's game to an extent. Problem is that the system wasn't suitable for the era. He was also a bit of a whiner and that loser mentality rubbed off on the team, which I partially blame as one reason they never won it all.

Dantoni had a huge influence on today's game. But he's a one trick pony.

Carlisle is obviously solid but doesn't develop the young. A little early with regards to Stevens.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Phil made the players buy in that Adelman was Hitler. He also dominated your pockmarked hero, who's light 3 rings cause of Phil...maybe 4, but 2008 was probably not happening anyways

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Phil was the Steve Kerr of his generation: A role player on a team that did really well who lucked out by having a juggernaut team, then used MJ's rep to land the job in LA. Jerry wanted to fire Phil, MJ saved his skin.

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    This corn pone ass mother er has been exposed as a fraud who can't handle an ounce of ego that comes with just about any star in the league. He makes Poopavich look like Doc Rivers in that regard

he can only hope to coach teams comprised of young college aged players, with the only stars either white Americans or euros, tbh. But Ainge would have to forgo trying to sign almost all of the league's all stars, not that they want to sign there anyways..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Phil was the Steve Kerr of his generation: A role player on a team that did really well who lucked out by having a juggernaut team, then used MJ's rep to land the job in LA. Jerry wanted to fire Phil, MJ saved his skin.
    You cannot compare the 2 because Kerr's career is way shorter.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Supposedly Stevens has a clause in his contract that would allow him to leave for the Duke Basketball job....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This corn pone ass mother er has been exposed as a fraud who can't handle an ounce of ego that comes with just about any star in the league. He makes Poopavich look like Doc Rivers in that regard

he can only hope to coach teams comprised of young college aged players, with the only stars either white Americans or euros, tbh. But Ainge would have to forgo trying to sign almost all of the league's all stars, not that they want to sign there anyways..
    The wankfest over him in Spring 2018 was cute though ..

Thread Information