Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    This team is my darkhorse to make noise in the NFC this year, even if the Falcons win the division. NFC South could have 3 10+ win teams and one lousy team (New Orleans), no joke. They play the relatively one-dimensional NFC North and even more one-dimensional AFC East.

... but seriously, how do you stop them all? They complement each other perfectly. None are redundant:

You've got arguably the game's best physical, dominant, possession receiver/red zone monster since Megatron quit the league.

You've got arguably the game's best speed receiver from over the past decade. Elite route running to go along with elite speed.

You've got a young slot receiver who's quietly becoming one of the better quick short route runners in the league.

You've also got a couple of promising young wideouts waiting in the wings behind them.

You've got a blocking tight end who can also catch very well...

... and a receiving tight end who can also block very well.

Offensive line is stout, solidly above average, and has continuity from being the same group as last season (plus Sweezy).

They've got an assortment of good-but-not-great running backs that are individually very good at one or two purposes until the bell cow returns from suspension. And when he does, will he even be the bell cow? Or is running back by committee the name of this season.

And to top if off, a quarterback who even Clipper Nation believes is the future of the NFL.

Once again, how is this team flying under the radar?

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    When does Doug Martin come off suspension?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    When does Doug Martin come off suspension?
    Pats game. Oct 5 TNF

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    I don't know what was written by OP.

I just know we're ed now.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count

Oh man...gotta beat the Hard Knocks curse and UNT's jinx?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

I thought you could still read the OPs, not just the individual posts.

Maybe perhaps you should try clicking the "Show Post" function every once in awhile? Or, ya know, take the 10 seconds to remove my name from the ignore feature? It's been around 18 months since I last spamvented on the Spurs forum as you put me on ignore for, by the way. I haven't done it since the 2015-2016 season. Last year no venting at all. I don't really care too much now that Tim's retired and Silver allowed the Warriettes to take over the NBA.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Sorry man....

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Hey, I said TB's offense. Has nothing to do with the fact that their atrocious defense just gave up 34 to ing Case Keenum.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Hey, I said TB's offense. Has nothing to do with the fact that their atrocious defense just gave up 34 to ing Case Keenum.
    True but you also called the Panthers a 10 win team before today. They were mediocre last year and didn't do much to improve this season.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    True but you also called the Panthers a 10 win team before today. They were mediocre last year and didn't do much to improve this season.
    I thought they improved on the OL and refocused their commit to the running game. I thought their LB corps was the best in the league. They really sucked at home today... honestly almost lost to a bottom feeder at home last week and lost to a less than .500 team today. Maybe Nola will improve after this?

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    I thought they improved on the OL and refocused their commit to the running game. I thought their LB corps was the best in the league. They really sucked at home today... honestly almost lost to a bottom feeder at home last week and lost to a less than .500 team today. Maybe Nola will improve after this?
    NOLA has a young secondary and losing their best corner hasn't helped. I thought today was a must win for the Saints and they got it done today. Their offense will be unstoppable once their best OL and second best WR come back. Also the defense should improve once their secondary gel. But they have to win in London against the Dolphins otherwise today's win is negated.

Back to the Panthers. Their biggest problem on defense is their secondary. If their pass rush is blocked effectively, their defense will allow big plays. On offense, they don't have much and Cam is a s of himself.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    NOLA has a young secondary and losing their best corner hasn't helped. I thought today was a must win for the Saints and they got it done today. Their offense will be unstoppable once their best OL and second best WR come back. Also the defense should improve once their secondary gel. But they have to win in London against the Dolphins otherwise today's win is negated.

Back to the Panthers. Their biggest problem on defense is their secondary. If their pass rush is blocked effectively, their defense will allow big plays. On offense, they don't have much and Cam is a s of himself.
    Good analysis. But the Dolphins lost to perhaps the least talented and worst team in the NFL today. A FG away to losing to the Chargers a week ago. A must win for sure.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    I like Jameis Winston and his infectious personality, but he is way too turnover prone and aloof to be a franchise QB. He's going to be a rich man's Ryan Fitzpatrick

36/7/7
    My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Look at their upcoming schedule. These s are winning 7 games at most this year.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    typical Succs offseason, stacking the deck by bringing in a bunch of skill position FAs, only to the bed on offense on way to a mediocre record. every year these gots get selected by the media as darkhorse contenders or NFC-S projected winner, even though they haven't won a playoff game in 15 years

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    typical Succs offseason, stacking the deck by bringing in a bunch of skill position FAs, only to the bed on offense on way to a mediocre record. every year these gots get selected by the media as darkhorse contenders or NFC-S projected winner, even though they haven't won a playoff game in 15 years
    They lost the game on special teams, not offense.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    They lost the game on special teams, not offense.
    No. Winston is way to indecisive at QB. It looks like he panics after he goes through his reads.
    Also he made some terrible throws.

And there were some dropped ball that were killers.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    No. Winston is way to indecisive at QB. It looks like he panics after he goes through his reads.
    Also he made some terrible throws.

And there were some dropped ball that were killers.
    The real problem with their offense is Koetter's antiquated schemes that are straight out of the '80s. Lots of slow-developing plays, no passes to RBs, no crossing routes. Romo even mentioned on the broadcast that Belichick used to shut down this exact offense on a regular basis back when he was coaching with the Giants. That, along with his ty playcalling and use of personnel (why did Martin stop getting the ball in the 4th?) are holding Jameis back.

Jameis does need to work on his accuracy, but Tampa's coaching staff is doing him no favors.

My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Right now Tampa's playing the worst football in their division. Average offensively and defensively with a horrible kicking game.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The Buc's should have won the game, nothing wrong with anything other than a kicker.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The Buc's should have won the game, nothing wrong with anything other than a kicker.
    Not Brate having a ball slip through his hands in the end zone?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Not Brate having a ball slip through his hands in the end zone?
    What game don't we see dropped passes?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    What game don't we see dropped passes?
    Plenty of games. But you said the only problem was the missed field goals. How about the lack of 3rd down conversions? Or the ty throws? Or the multiple dropped passes?
    So..."nothing wrong with anything other than a kicker"....hmmmmmmm

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Plenty of games. But you said the only problem was the missed field goals. How about the lack of 3rd down conversions? Or the ty throws? Or the multiple dropped passes?
    So..."nothing wrong with anything other than a kicker"....hmmmmmmm
    Now tell me slugger, despite all that, what if those kicks had been....GOOD~~~~ Who wins the game?

We can....what if the backer had missed the tackle.....what if the back had cut in instead of out....what if......on every play.
    Last edited by Avante; 10-06-2017 at 04:29 PM.

Thread Information