Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    And may be for more than just this year. Gurley is the best back in the NFL now that he has a real NFL caliber offensive line. He looks like a young Lynch and the Rams may legit win the NFC West if the Seahawks don't get their offense going. Arizona won't go anywhere this year. Their defense left in FA and their offense is down to a 35 year old elite route runner without speed and practically nobody else. 49ers are still trash at least for another year or two.

Good move by Stan Kroenke to go to LA. They should win 9-10 games and contend to either win the bad division or contend for a wild card at worst.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    And may be for more than just this year. Gurley is the best back in the NFL now that he has a real NFL caliber offensive line. He looks like a young Lynch and the Rams may legit win the NFC West if the Seahawks don't get their offense going. Arizona won't go anywhere this year. Their defense left in FA and their offense is down to a 35 year old elite route runner without speed and practically nobody else. 49ers are still trash at least for another year or two.

Good move by Stan Kroenke to go to LA. They should win 9-10 games and contend to either win the bad division or contend for a wild card at worst.
    I would say they're the slight favorites after today given how Seattle has been playing. Right now I think they are a one and done playoff team. Goff had a lot of captain checkdown plays today and the Dallas defense playing awful was half of it. I wasn't super impressed but they're still talented, have the best QB in the division now, and the rest of the NFC West is terrible.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I would say they're the slight favorites after today given how Seattle has been playing. Right now I think they are a one and done playoff team. Goff had a lot of captain checkdown plays today and the Dallas defense playing awful was half of it. I wasn't super impressed but they're still talented, have the best QB in the division now, and the rest of the NFC West is terrible.
    One and done for sure. Goff is basically a rookie QB like Dak last year, because he only played part of the year last year and with no line.

Cowboys missed Sean Lee big time today, don't underestimate that, Jaylon Smith is extremely talented and good but he doesn't have Lee's experience and intangibles yet. Lee is the MVP of the defense.

The concern for the Rams going forward beyond this year is Whitworth's age. When Whitworth hangs it up, the Rams have to draft an elite LT to replace him or else they'll be back to square one.

My Team
    Houston Texans
    Post Count

They're ok--they played the cowgirls.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Might beat the Seahawks next week too

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    NEVER....get too wrapped up in Sept, ok?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Might beat the Seahawks next week too
    They've won 3 in a row at home against Seattle, right? RW hasn't won there since his championship year in 2013.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Rams are one year away from dominating the NFC imo, but they're too green right now to be a serious threat. It doesn't hurt that SF is in full-rebuild mode while AZ is in rebuild denial. Seattle is still the big man on campus, but they're already dying a slow death that started with the SB interception. If Wilson is open to restructuring, maybe Seattle holds on a couple more years, but as it stands now this is Seattle's last year of skating by.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Rams are one year away from dominating the NFC imo, but they're too green right now to be a serious threat. It doesn't hurt that SF is in full-rebuild mode while AZ is in rebuild denial. Seattle is still the big man on campus, but they're already dying a slow death that started with the SB interception. If Wilson is open to restructuring, maybe Seattle holds on a couple more years, but as it stands now this is Seattle's last year of skating by.
    Very entertaining explanation, and accurate tbh. Rebuild denial but so very true. AZ is totally bad.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    It's crazy how this is pretty much exactly what happened with Carroll at USC. Build up a dominant team, win a le, 1 yard away from a repeat, then the slow death immediately afterward

Wade Phillips super legit DC.

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    they beat the mighty Cowboys, so they must be legit super bowl contenders

They look a lot better than last year, and Goff has been impressive. But let's tap the brakes on them being legit.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

They look a lot better than last year, and Goff has been impressive. But let's tap the brakes on them being legit.
    Gurley is the best in the league. Zeke can't run routes like that, neither can Bell (though Bell can make the shorter tough catches in traffic)

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    OP does this every year and it's been a kiss of death for that team every time.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    OT but I wonder if the Mob still has a vested interest in this franchise

OT but I wonder if the Mob still has a vested interest in this franchise
    Patriots are still the mob slot machine payout.
    Don't know if the Rams are involved now too. Good question.
    Let us know what you find out.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    Patriots are still the mob slot machine payout.
    Don't know if the Rams are involved now too. Good question.
    Let us know what you find out.
    Yeah but I don't think we'll see Robert Kraft get drowned in the ocean like the old Rams owner was.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The Rams have had some RB's.

Paul "Tank" Younger....first Grambling NFLer
    Deacon Dan Towler
    Ollie Matson....traded 9 players to get this Olympic sprinter
    Bass first 1000 yard rusher
    "Jaguar" Jon Arnett
    Lawrence McCutheon
    Willie Ellison
    Charles White
    Eric erson
    Jerome Bettis
    Marshall Faulk
    Steven Jackson
    Todd Gurley

Four HOFers up there.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The Rams have had some RB's.

Paul "Tank" Younger....first Grambling NFLer
    Deacon Dan Towler
    Ollie Matson....traded 9 players to get this Olympic sprinter
    Bass first 1000 yard rusher
    "Jaguar" Jon Arnett
    Lawrence McCutheon
    Willie Ellison
    Charles White
    Eric erson
    Jerome Bettis
    Marshall Faulk
    Steven Jackson
    Todd Gurley

Four HOFers up there.
    lol... don't jump the gun on Gurley, ~~ROOKIE~~... lol. He could suffer a career ending injury, say next year... = no HOF.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    lol... don't jump the gun on Gurley, ~~ROOKIE~~... lol. He could suffer a career ending injury, say next year... = no HOF.
    Anytime anyone has a 1000 yard NFL season they belong on any teams list of RB's.

Dude, YOU...talking ROOKIE, hahahaha~~~~~~~~

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Todd Gurley was a hurdler in HS. Robert Woods was the nations number one 400m sprinter while in HS. Sammy Watkins a Florida State 200m champ while in HS. And Tavon Austin was a HS sprinter.

Lot of speedy Rams.

Story goes that Bob Hayes was the first really fast WR in pro football, he changed the defense. Actually.......in the early 50's the Rams had the NCAA 100 yard champ out of Loyola Bob Boyd, he had a 1000 yard season as a rookie. Keep in mind in the early 50's we had white cornerbacks. Boyd (black) far faster than any of them.

Robert Barrett Boyd (March 7, 1928 – May 14, 2009) was an American football end and wide receiver in the National Football League, playing for the Los Angeles Rams for eight seasons. His most spectacular season was in 1954, when he caught 53 passes for 1,212 yards and 6 touchdowns.
    While at Loyola Marymount University, Boyd won the 100-yard dash at the 1950 NCAA Championships.

I own his rookie card.

And.....one of the great offenses in NFL history was the Norm Van Brocklin (HOF)/Bob Waterfield QB (yep, used both) Tank Younger/Deacon Dan Towler RB's, (two big black RB's)and HOF rreceivers Tom Fears, "Crazy Legs" Hirsh.
    Last edited by Avante; 10-05-2017 at 12:48 AM.

Thread Information