Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Conor - 153

Mayweather - 149.5

wtf mcgregor at the weigh in

Veteran
    Post Count
    Mcgregor is a re . What the was that?

That said, I hope he lays Maywheather out. Though he's acting like a dumbass who's strategy is going to be charge from the start 100%. He'll be lucky to go 3 rounds with that strategy.

Conor is being Conor at the weigh-ins: status quo. Also will Conor be aggressive? Yes, will he push forward the entire time? No.

Post Count
    And this idiot is calling the fight tonight huh? Paulie sure likes attention.

Believe.
    Post Count
    Anybody's got a reliable stream that's not clogged up?

Believe.
    Post Count
    I'm coming from there, can't find a consistent stream. But thanks anyway.

Veteran
    Post Count
    This one with a caveat. It's in spanish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYG2_KUsMcg

Was watching another one that went dead just minutes ago.

Post Count
    luckily there were a load of periscope streams to choose from

Post Count
    That was fun. Conor did well and made a nice account of himself. Back to MMA please.

No matter who you were rooting for in #McGregorvMayweather - What traditionally are the 3 ways boxing fights end?

1. Decision
    2. KO
    3. Standing 8 Count

We did not get a definitive finish in #McGregorvMayweather ...

When I think of boxing, I think of a fighter hitting the mat and the referee starting the standing 8 count.

Veteran
    Post Count
    Though he's acting like a dumbass who's strategy is going to be charge from the start 100%. He'll be lucky to go 3 rounds with that strategy.
    Called it.

Gassed by the 5th. From there on he was just a dummy. He got ed up the ass hard.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    MMGay

Believe.
    Post Count
    luckily there were a load of periscope streams to choose from
    Don't worry I finally found a perfect smooth HD source, was great.

So yeah, he gassed, it was predictable. It was done by the 9th. It was a good fight tho, who else could have done better against a HOF in their very first professional bout? MMA fans have nothing to be ashamed of.
    Last edited by thiste; 08-27-2017 at 09:14 AM.

Boxing rules need to evolve, especially when currently if you are in trouble all you have to do is turn your back to your opponent and the ref will break/separate both fighters... Now do I know if Mayweather was in trouble in those situations? No, but he knew he could take advantage of the rules by playing turtle if he felt like he was trapped in the wrong part of the ring.

A BJJ guy would of had a field day with Mayweather if he took that approach in a real fight...

Post Count
    . Told y'all mufawkus. 40yr ol Money wasn't getting knocked out, would toy with Connor and game over.

Boxing rules need to evolve, especially when currently if you are in trouble all you have to do is turn your back to your opponent and the ref will break/separate both fighters... Now do I know if Mayweather was in trouble in those situations? No, but he knew he could take advantage of the rules by playing turtle if he felt like he was trapped in the wrong part of the ring.

A BJJ guy would of had a field day with Mayweather if he took that approach in a real fight...
    Yeah but this was a boxing match, which both agreed to and were paid for. The rules didn't magically appear yesterday. The fight wasn't remotely close and Mayweather clearly extended the fight for show.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count

Boxing rules are fine the way they are. This isn't MMGay. Boxing is a real sport.

Yes I know it is boxing and the rules have been around since the beginning of time but the sport would benefit from eliminating certain situations where the ref is able to step in to break up the fight.

MMA rules have evolved over time, Boxing should do the same thing.

Post Count
    Yes I know it is boxing and the rules have been around since the beginning of time but the sport would benefit from eliminating certain situations where the ref is able to step in to break up the fight.

MMA rules have evolved over time, Boxing should do the same thing.
    Naw, MMA is MMA, boxing is boxing.

The concept of a "real sport" is arbitrary...

My friend was thinking the same thing when he noticed the ref never looked at Mayweather when giving out the instructions.

Thread Information