Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a weird hill to die on considering White is currently the best player on the team
    ngl it is awkward defending some I posted in 2017 but yeah I def remember feeling like Hart was the pick. But then again when we picked GH3 I was like everyone else WTF is that. Also when we picked Beno I remember my friend and I laughing "we picked a guy named Beano ROFL"

Only picks I recall being all in on were Murray, Blair, and maybe Splitter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Until we drafted Tre Jones, Derrick White was literally the only PG player on the roster.
    Sure, pass first natural PG. But guys who are PG sized or that we try to turn into PGs?

It's ok tho, we will be able to have this debate again next year when PATFO drafts another PG.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yo Timvp that vid you posted above had me rolling man.....could not happen to a better person..

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Semi Ojeleye and Frank Mason III will torch this poor guy for 4 years until he's gone to China with Fathead

God damn it Buford. He was a solid 2nd rnd pick, NOT first dip
    Totally agreed. So, are Ojeleye ans Mason III still in the league?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, pass first natural PG. But guys who are PG sized or that we try to turn into PGs?

It's ok tho, we will be able to have this debate again next year when PATFO drafts another PG.
    You're going to argue if they get Cade?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some toxic ass mother ers in the beginning of this thread who I'm glad no longer post here
    About 3 weeks ago you hated Devin Vassell

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't saying they were toxic because of their take on Derrick. Rather, how much trolls used to be on this site with 10 alts at a time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think Rummmpd and multiply him by 30. That's how many idiots used to post here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was actually mad that Pop sent him to the G-League. He only played 1 NBA game that year and scored 16 points against the Warriors. The team could’ve really needed him
    that season when nephew decided to sit out and Parker was injured for half the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. Bunch of ST "Experts" wanted some (male) named Precious. Or some Patrick McBustface.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. Bunch of ST "Experts" wanted some (male) named Precious. Or some Patrick McBustface.
    But you're the expert who thinks Hart would've been better than White lmfao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was actually mad that Pop sent him to the G-League. He only played 1 NBA game that year and scored 16 points against the Warriors. The team could’ve really needed him
    that season when nephew decided to sit out and Parker was injured for half the season.
    He played 17 games, but limited minutes, and I thought he was the second best guard on the roster, after Manu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He played 17 games, but limited minutes, and I thought he was the second best guard on the roster, after Manu.
    They were all garbage time. Against the Dubs Pop started him I think. It was the only game where he got real NBA minutes and he looked ready from jump. No reason to spend a whole year in the G-League

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Real talk though?

Are we expecting Derrick to be the guy where we hand him the ball and say "go get us a bucket?"

I'm afraid it will still fall to DeMar in terms of getting a tough basket and closing for us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Real talk though?

Are we expecting Derrick to be the guy where we hand him the ball and say "go get us a bucket?"

I'm afraid it will still fall to DeMar in terms of getting a tough basket and closing for us.
    No you give him the ball to make the right play. He will either score or dish out to an open shooter. I take that any day

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Forbes is ahead of White on the rotation to start the season, I'm gonna lose my .
    And that's how I lost my . Now I can't find my . Did anybody see my anywhere?

The worst part is that I added the smiley face because I probably thought Pop wouldn't be so re ed to actually have Forbes over White, but I guess he proved me wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can anyone help grandpa over here get back to the retirement home? He's looking a bit lost...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "He wasn't ready, wouldn't be fair"

Even though Derrick was old AF when he came into the league

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We’re now arguing they didn’t know exactly how to develop White after we all didn’t like the pick and were proven wrong? He’s said the season in the d-league helped him a lot and he’s certainly enjoyed leading that team to the d-league le.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We’re now arguing they didn’t know exactly how to develop White after we all didn’t like the pick and were proven wrong? He’s said the season in the d-league helped him a lot and he’s certainly enjoyed leading that team to the d-league le.

It's because they think they're smarter than actual coaches.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hadn't seen this posted yet. Interview takes place with Derrick just after his season ending injury.

https://www.basketballnews.com/stori...rado-buffaloes

"I wouldn't say [there’s] pressure. You just want to go out there and compete,” White said. “You're aware of the history and all that, but just going out there, competing, playing the game you love. San Antonio fans are great, so you want to do well for them... I mean, basketball as a whole is changing, so you kinda have to change with the times, and we're no different. So it's just exciting that this is the way that basketball is going. It's been entertaining and it's fun to play.

“I'm just blessed to be a part of this organization. You kinda see the day-to-day, what goes into it. Just their great history, going back from '99 to where we are now. So I'm thankful to be a part of this organization and learning from Coach Pop, probably the greatest coach of all-time. So, it's been great.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully Derrick gets and stays healthy for the duration of his contract or time here with our Spurs. He is a really solid player and very important to this team, I look forward to him and Murray playing together next season.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whew, missed this thread draft night. Lotta L’s. Lotta lotta L’s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cj Mccollum came out of Lehigh as a senior and he's 6'4"
    Wine.

Thread Information