Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol we have a dude who plays for Orlando who forgot how to shoot a basketball and is being paid 12 mill

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol we have a dude who plays for Orlando who forgot how to shoot a basketball and is being paid 12 mill
    If you mean Fultz, he makes about $10M, little less and he's on his rookie contract still. Some team has to pay for it and he is still relatively young. Was on track to be an all-star, sad story tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would be genius to trade him after the world cup. Maybe some teams overvalue him after that performance

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills will be with the Spurs until he's 40

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    would be genius to trade him after the world cup. Maybe some teams overvalue him after that performance
    He's already on a team that overvalues him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you mean Fultz, he makes about $10M, little less and he's on his rookie contract still. Some team has to pay for it and he is still relatively young. Was on track to be an all-star, sad story tbh.
    On track to be an all-star?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty “there’s no pressure to perform” Mills

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On track to be an all-star?
    He was the #1 pick for a reason. literally was a life and career altering injury to his shoulder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is the greatest. Remember the time he signed Patty to a new contract

"Pop's the GOAT and he knows more then anyone regarding signing Patty."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's already on a team that overvalues him.
    you're right

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It Patty can go back to being the 12-15 minute sparkplug off the bench this season, I think folks will actually appreciate Patty more, and I think Patty's positive impact will be greater. My guess is that Pop is going to be looking to develop the young talent this season especially early on. He has to if the Spurs are going to continue to be relevant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every time this gets bumped to the top, my heart skips a beat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It Patty can go back to being the 12-15 minute sparkplug off the bench this season, I think folks will actually appreciate Patty more, and I think Patty's positive impact will be greater. My guess is that Pop is going to be looking to develop the young talent this season especially early on. He has to if the Spurs are going to continue to be relevant.
    If our third string pg is getting 15 mpg next year then we're in big trouble.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If our third string pg is getting 15 mpg next year then we're in big trouble.
    I don't know if DJ will play that many minutes. Depends on how quickly he reintegrates himself into the Spurs system. Mills should get 15-20 minutes as the backup PG/SG though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills is ing garbage. Always has been, I'm pretty sure I could pin down a couple of playoff series we lost because of his bum ass. @ any of you re ed ass gots defending his scrub ass. Now, he's probably a great human off of the court but he's a terrible terrible basketball player. I remember when this ing bum would average about 5-6 more shots than Kawhi. What a ing joke.
    Damn, you really know nothing about basketball. And why do you always come here to criticise players or posters, this is basically all you do here. Your life must really stink if you feel the need to do that. I pity you actually...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, you really know nothing about basketball. And why do you always come here to criticise players or posters, this is basically all you do here. Your life must really stink if you feel the need to do that. I pity you actually...
    spurs 2020 champs. mills is worth the stunted development of our young guard corps. ing re

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs 2020 champs. mills is worth the stunted development of our young guard corps. ing re
    Can't wait to see our young guards watch him flop around the court and brick playoff 3s from the bench as the backup PG/SG yet again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not saying that, but pretending that Mills is a terrible basket player while he just had an amazing World Cup is just stupid. And please stop insulting guys... Is it a national sport in the USA ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ugh, 4 more years of dead weight that wastes Kawhi's prime.
    Kawhi left before the dead weight could drag him down. There were even rumblings that the roster construction was one of the reasons kawhi left iirc tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We will see. Even in that role, it's just a regular season minutes guy type deal. No matter his role, he's too one dimensional and too bad on defense to be playable.

If the Spurs were top heavy enough for that not to matter than it would be literally perfect; but they are not. Mills getting playoff minutes in any role vs any team that matters is a proven detriment.

I really like Mills too. His new deal is on the surface a great value. He's been a true Spur and great teammate. But it's just wasted money IMO and Spurs are still without a PG (even though I want Murray to start now) that can get the team into sets.

Spurs have LMA who doesn't want to be here, no PG that has proven they can start and now MORE money tied up in the same backcourt that once TP went down showed they can't really do anything without Kawhi carrying a MASSIVE load.
    Yeesh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's about relative value too. I would much rather have Teague at 20M than Mills at 12. Yes, one is a good "value" but one is clearly more of an upgrade from a starting PG perspective.

There is no reason to run back Mills, even if you are planning to trot Murray out there. The backcourt was simply not good enough last year and now it's more expensive and no better.
    True

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is a disaster, this is the moment people will point to years from now as the turning point on what went wrong. When you massively overpay for loyalty to non-stars, when you reward performance from 3(!) years and 2 contracts ago, this is how contenders wither and die.

It'll take years, but everyone will come around. You'll see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans showing their wisdom and seeing the big picture here too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information