Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs are going to get ing nothing for Aldridge. I figured they'd at least be able to salary dump him and get Paul Millsap or George Hill. Neither an upgrade but at least something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker and his extension has been cement shoes on this team and now they've just replaced him for 3 more years with another declining, bulking waste on the books.

Paying a back up point double digits on this team is insane. He's not a 6th man, he's not Manu, he'll never be that. Congratulations, the Spurs are blowing 30% of their cap on point guards who aren't in the top 20 or even 30 of their position

Why not just pay 3/36 to Teodosic? More fun anyway.
    He's not Manu but he's also getting paid a fraction of what prime 6MOY Manu would've gotten paid in today's NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is manu coming back or not
    I hope not, at least as a rotation player. A one year contract wouldnt be the worst thing in the world as next year is sort of a lost year. I just don't want Pop to play him over younger guys.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sick to my stomach

He's been playoff trash shooting wise since he had the shoulder surgery, can't defend anybody, and now he'll be ting up the books in caproom for 4 damn years

THIS SUCKS
    He never was a good playoff performer/shooter, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't focus too much on 'back up pg'. If we get 4 yr of production from MVPatty playing off White like we have from doing so with Manu I'm very happy. Good age, Spur guy, sensible contract tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm glad Patty is staying and that's a decent contract considering 2017-18 rates. Iggy is meeting with the Spurs at midnight, so it will be interesting what shakes out from it. The Spurs certainly have guys who can play the PG position now. Patty will likely return to getting more minutes at the 2 this coming season.

Many see Derrick White as a G-Leaguer but he's 23 and seems to have some ability to score, get to line, and make a few plays. So the lead guard and wing positions may turn out okay...depending on additional FA action.

If the offseason goes south, the Spurs can always play 5-out alignments and let Kawhi do his thing every trip.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Parker and his extension has been cement shoes on this team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    does this means Simmons is gone?
    Why would it mean that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just wait till next summer when we actually have cash. Then you'll really see what disappointment is.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's reports that talks b/w Hill and Spurs broke off. Hill is probably looking to cash in and balked at Pop and RC asking for a hometown discount.
    They should have found their balls and waited him out. And if someone else signs him, so what? They still have White and Murray and can add a Beno to hold over instead of wasting cap for 4 years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    C'mon man, that's not even close. Patty helped the team a Championship in 2014 while playing with a torn shoulder.
    Helped what? He was putrid in the OKC series and wasn't a game breaker in the finals either. He had one great finals game after Manu and Kawhi brought us back into game 5 after being down big early. Did anyone actually watch him in those playoffs? He didn't really do that much. He only had one great game.

Give Chris Bosh a call. We need a cheap MEGA value deal.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    He has never had a big contract in his career. He's nuts not trying to get paid. He should have at least held out for an option on a four year deal if he was going to take that kind of paycut.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Many see Derrick White as a G-Leaguer but he's 23 and seems to have some ability to score, get to line, and make a few plays. So the lead guard and wing positions may turn out okay...depending on additional FA action.
    Where on Earth does White find minutes? What's his path, because I don't see one unfortunately.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shame on PATFO for nickel-and-diming their best point guard after giving the loyalty contract to that fat French pig. They're lucky MVPatty actually accepted the scraps they offered.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a ing idiot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a ing idiot.
    Hopefully he doesn't hurt himself again and regret passing up all that money. What a ing idiot, indeed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bang for buck. They must know Hill will be over priced. Teague just went to the twolves... I was good with dejaunte... but true to form - the Spurs have their comfort zone with veterans... here is to hoping that shooting % goes up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thought he for sure was gone. $12.5M/per isn't bad though. Just kind of odd with the Derrick White pick. We have a lot of Guards to work with.

BUT... if we re-sign Tony next summer, then it makes no sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a moron

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My dude Clipper Nation and 140 putting work. Patty is a bona fide champion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well at least they're not signing Derrick Rose. I guess one good thing about tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man I ing love patty but the these moves arent making sense at all they draft a combo guard who doesn't have much upside but is "ready-to-play" now, it was looking like Murray is gonna be given keys next season, and we give this fat paycheck to patty? Yeah the last contract was a discount but what the is this

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They've locked up a guy who can't stay on the court against the Warriors. Livingston will continue to dump on him.

He couldn't even guard Austin Rivers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well at least they're not signing Derrick Rose. I guess one good thing about tonight.
    holy yes

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    My dude Clipper Nation and 140 putting work. Patty is a bona fide champion.

Thread Information