My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    Back in 2008, when I figured Jason Kidd/Steve Nash wouldn't be around for too much longer, I decided to spend time uploading their playoff highlights to youtube, due to there not being many avaible at the time. I succeeded in adding 7 each of their greatest playoff games and put them on youtube. Wanted people to be able to appreciate the two best point guards I saw as I was grew up.

So now that's it been a couple years, I decided to repost them, so people who might not have had a chance to witness them, get to some of their signature playoff performances.

Hope you guys enjoy, this project took me months back in the day.

Steve Nash

Steve Nash (31/11/5) vs Kings [Game 3] '03

Steve Nash (34/13/12) vs Mavericks [Game 5] '05

Steve Nash (39/12/9) vs Mavericks [Game 6] '05

Steve Nash (32/13) vs Lakers [Game 6] '06

Steve Nash (31/12) vs Clippers [Game 1] '06

Steve Nash (20/16) vs Spurs [Game 2] 07'

Steve Nash 33/10 vs Spurs [Game 1] '10

Jason Kidd

Jason Kidd (22 /16 /10) vs Lakers [Game 4] '00

Jason Kidd (18/13/11) vs Celtics [Game 1] 02'

Jason Kidd (31/8/7/4) vs Pacers [Game 5] '02

Jason Kidd (30/7/3) vs Spurs [Game 2] '03

Jason Kidd (22/11/10) vs Pistons [Game 4] '04

Jason Kidd (23/14/13) vs Cavaliers [Game 3] '07

Jason Kidd (16/19/16) vs Raptors [Game 3] '07

Last edited by Purch; 07-22-2017 at 05:50 AM.

My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    Leave some comments on the videos if you enjoyed any. Just realized all the comments on them are like 4/5 years old.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good work.

My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    Thank you sir

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mark Cuban could have had Dirk and Nash in their prime; what a dumbass.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    02 Nets were like a scaled-down version of the 11 Mavs. It's a shame they had the C's number. A Pierce n' Walker final vs. the Lakers (Kings) would've been epic.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Mark Cuban could have had Dirk and Nash in their prime; what a dumbass.
    Even better, he got Dirk and Kidd and a ring. Mavs never would have won a le with Nash.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Real talk: Kidd was way better than Steve Trash's overrated ass. The 2000s Suns may very well have rang with Kidd and a real coach instead of Nash and D'Antoni.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even better, he got Dirk and Kidd and a ring. Mavs never would have won a le with Nash.
    Nash almost won a le with ing Amare Stoudemire. He could easily have won 2 or 3 with Dirk.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Real talk: Kidd was way better than Steve Trash's overrated ass. The 2000s Suns may very well have rang with Kidd and a real coach instead of Nash and D'Antoni.
    Truthbombs, tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Nash almost won a le with ing Amare Stoudemire. He could easily have won 2 or 3 with Dirk.
    Amar'e and Marion were damn good back then. Too bad they were stuck with a gimmick coach and a choke artist point guard who was allergic to defense.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Not even close. Nash was a no-defense assist with surprisingly low basketball IQ for a point guard. If anything, he was holding Dirk back from reaching his true potential.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Not even close. Nash was a no-defense assist with surprisingly low basketball IQ for a point guard. If anything, he was holding Dirk back from reaching his true potential.
    This. With Nash, Dirk was pigeonholed into being a spot-up shooter and not much else. Without Nash, the Mavs used his full offensive repertoire, including his passing and post game. Nash was never going to allow that to happen because it would have reduced his precious assists per game.

Assuming he stays healthy, I think we will see a similar dynamic with Blake this year. He's typically flourished as a playmaker in Choke Paul's absence.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I gotta find that clip of Nash & Dirk talking, where Nash talks about how they could have won multiple les together, and Dirk is literally going "uuuuummmmm okay" and clearly knows that never would have happened.

My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    I think you guys might be taking a lot of blame that deserves to be on Don Nelson and attributing it to Nash

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I think you guys might be taking a lot of blame that deserves to be on Don Nelson and attributing it to Nash
    Please explain this. Thanks.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

4:20 is the start of the "what if" conversation. Nash tries to insist they'd win multiple les, Dirk gives a lot of "I'm not sure" and "we were both better players after you left" comments Dirk knew Nash was holding him back.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

4:20 is the start of the "what if" conversation. Nash tries to insist they'd win multiple les, Dirk gives a lot of "I'm not sure" and "we were both better players after you left" comments Dirk knew Nash was holding him back.

damn that was exactly as awkward as you advertised it. rofl @ Dirk letting the truth come out after a couple of sips of wine. you could clearly tell that was not what Nash wanted to hear from him.

I'm not sure why so many people act like magic would've happened had Nash stayed with Dallas. Him routinely getting torched by Mike Bibby was a major reason why Dallas could never get to the Finals. The Kings beat them easily every time except for the series Webber went down. In Phoenix, Nash did exactly what he did in Dallas...change the culture to an uptempto, high scoring team that was hard to stop in the regular season but got beat down in the playoffs.

I hate to blame it all on one guy (guys like Raef Lafrentz and Shawn Bradley aren't exactly known for their toughness either) but every team Nash has been on always has the same " high scoring, finesse, but no defense " label attached to them. The one exception may have been the year they brought in Shaq who was an all time great. Otherwise, the common denominator is him. Nobody confuses the 2004-2011 Mavericks with the Bad Boy Pistons, but it's no surprise they were immediately a grittier team when he left.

No denying how fun it was to watch the early '00 Mavericks though. When Lafrentz was starting, you had five guys who were all good three point shooters.

My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    Please explain this. Thanks.
    Well I actually think looking at Byron Scott on,the nets it made it obvious that the central issue is your offensive gameplan rather a ball dominant point guard.

Donnie Nelson wanted to play an uptempo game, in which Nash was probally the largest part of it. Which seems logical when you have a ball dominant point guard.. but that doesnt have to be the case, you can have a balenced offense.

The reason why Byrom is special in this regard is that he also coached peak Jason Kidd during their back to back finals years. Jason Kidd and Johnson had multiple Scott over offensive gameplan, because Kidd wanted to play up tempo, whiles Scott believed in strong half court offense and post play. This is why the nets weren't a one dimensional team, they didnt generate all their offense through Jason Kidd making plays, because Byron wouldnt allow it.

The choice didnt have to be between Dirk florishing and Nash

My Team
    Utah Jazz
    Post Count
    Embedded the videos to make it easier for you guys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prime Nash and Dirk under Carlisle would have been a pretty damn good team, tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Wow Purch you're back

Thread Information