Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I liked the actor who played Ben from Iron Fist so I was enjoying his acting more than thinking how annoying the character was (since that was kind of the point with Ben). It's great how each of their admittedly shrewd schemes to get out of situations cascade into worse problems with higher stakes.
    Yeah this show has so many echoes with breaking bad, not that that's a complaint.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Couldn't wait. Watched the first episode. Didn't suck.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    His depiction of someone with bipolar disorder was amazingly accurate, maybe even better than Claire Danes in Homeland. Convincing himself he didn’t need to take his meds, the manic episodes, profusely apologizing after having an outburst, etc. Captured all the elements.
    x2. He did a fantastic job. That scene in the cab was great.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Yeah this show has so many echoes with breaking bad, not that that's a complaint.
    Trivia: Why was Mike Ehrmantraut character made up?

Answer: See video

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    This new season is really ing good.
    Once I started watching I finished it in three days. Under different cir stances it may have been a day or two.

It was damn good. Though I thought they were gonna end the season with that heavy tension like in season one. I wasn't expecting that abrupt happening.
    Last edited by Spurtacular; 04-04-2020 at 07:57 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Louisville Cardinals
    Once I started watching I finished it in three days. Under different cir stances it may have been a day or two.

It was damn good. Though I thought they were gonna end the season with that heavy tension like in season one. I wasn't expecting that abrupt happening.
    Agreed on the ending. I paused it to do something and saw their was only 4 minutes left at one point. Literally said to myself “how the are they going to wrap this up in 4 minutes”. Question answered lol

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Agreed on the ending. I paused it to do something and saw their was only 4 minutes left at one point. Literally said to myself “how the are they going to wrap this up in 4 minutes”. Question answered lol
    I buckled in at four minutes, too. Stopped doing work, etc. Rewatched that part about seven times to see how it was all done.

Spurs Fan
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Watching the finale episode tonight.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Boston Celtics
    College
    Arizona Wildcats

Ending was basically made for a show that might not be renewed. Obviously would be incomplete but wouldn’t be the worst TV show ending ever.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Ending was basically made for a show that might not be renewed. Obviously would be incomplete but wouldn’t be the worst TV show ending ever.
    I'm assuming that 'Ozark' is a high grosser (high viewer ratings) for Netflix. I would tend to discount this theory at least on that basis.

The only other problem would be actor retention. And since Bateman is probably really the only one holding that card, I doubt it cos they'll work around whatever shooting schedule he wants.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Netflix has not confirmed the next season of Ozark, and is unlikely to announce another season for at least a month. However, Ozark Season 4 could be coming next year according to its makers, who say they have already planned out another two seasons of plot for the Netflix show starring Jason Bateman and Laura Linney.
    https://www.newsweek.com/ozark-seaso...series-1494710

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I'm assuming that 'Ozark' is a high grosser (high viewer ratings) for Netflix. I would tend to discount this theory at least on that basis.

The only other problem would be actor retention. And since Bateman is probably really the only one holding that card, I doubt it cos they'll work around whatever shooting schedule he wants.
    ...he's come a long way since "Little House on the Prairie."

He lights a screen like few are able to.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

I didn’t know that. LHOTP. I do remember him having a good role on a sitcom playing a smart ass teenager. He was funny in that. Just checked IMDB for the name of it (It’s Your Move). But talk about grinding a career out until you make it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I didn’t know that. LHOTP. I do remember him having a good role on a sitcom playing a smart ass teenager. He was funny in that. Just checked IMDB for the name of it (It’s Your Move). But talk about grinding a career out until you make it.
    Yep. Loved him in that Starsky & Hutch movie.

Kept his nose clean & to the grindstone. Does not insist on any billing placement. Just works.

Handled that role in that goofy "Juno" with extreme aplomb and thus carved out a place that eclipsed the nonsense.

He's the goods.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes

I watched some episodes of that back in the day; but I didn't know that was him.

My first solid memories of him were on 'Valerie's Family,' then renamed 'Hogan's Family'. I thought he was really good on that.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    I watched some episodes of that back in the day; but I didn't know that was him.

My first solid memories of him were on 'Valerie's Family,' then renamed 'Hogan's Family'. I thought he was really good on that.
    I know. I didn't know it was him either until I started watching the show again during this crisis. His part comes during the last season as he's orphaned with his little sister via a wagon accident. His parents are crushed to death in what is an incredible set piece by that NBC production. Though it begs the question as to why the wife/mother had to sit in the wagon with husband/father as it was being eased down a steep grade. (SNAP) went the ropes & woo daddy.

Here is the aftermath:::

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    I know. I didn't know it was him either until I started watching the show again during this crisis. His part comes during the last season as he's orphaned with his little sister via a wagon accident. His parents are crushed to death in what is an incredible set piece by that NBC production. Though it begs the question as to why the wife/mother had to sit in the wagon with husband/father as it was being eased down a steep grade. (SNAP) went the ropes & woo daddy.

Here is the aftermath:::

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Just finished season 3. Probably my favorite season so far. Laura Linney and the dude who played Ben were both fantastic.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Just finished season 3. Probably my favorite season so far. Laura Linney and the dude who played Ben were both fantastic.
    Yeah...I've always liked LL and they gave her some heavy material this season.

It's funny...I had it in my mind that it was a 12 episode season. So I was even more surprised when Episode 10 happened.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah...I've always liked LL and they gave her some heavy material this season.
    The scenes at the police station before Ben was committed and after Wendy left him at the restaurant were both hard to watch.

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes

6X ST MVP
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Iowa Hawkeyes

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    A big improvement from season 2.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Comes out on July 21. The previews look pretty good.
    Jason Bateman and Laura Linney are great though. Will definitely give it a shot.
    Just started it. 1st ep was great. It's getting to be a stretch how they keep things going but it's a t.v. show, so....
    Like getting the Hillbilly family with know criminal daughter to give up the 3 million. Please.

If this ends up sucking I will bend you over with a shotgun.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Just started it. 1st ep was great. It's getting to be a stretch how they keep things going but it's a t.v. show, so....
    Like getting the Hillbilly family with know criminal daughter to give up the 3 million. Please.

If this ends up sucking I will bend you over with a shotgun.
    I don't that anyone who likes the first few episodes will be disappointed. It's not Breaking Bad but it's in that big second tier of good shows that depend on your particular likes.

Thread Information