Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Marty is interesting because the more bat this predicaments, the calmer he gets. Walter lost his semi-regularly then got it back together. Waiting for Marty to completely lose it and kill a bunch of people or just move into Michael Corleone territory and have a bunch of people killed.
    he's not a useless character by any stretch. he is an interesting one. he's just not as interesting as walter white. but that's a high bar

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Marty is interesting because the more bat this predicaments, the calmer he gets. Walter lost his semi-regularly then got it back together. Waiting for Marty to completely lose it and kill a bunch of people or just move into Michael Corleone territory and have a bunch of people killed.
    he's not a useless character by any stretch. he is an interesting one. he's just not as interesting as walter white. but that's a high bar
    I agree with both of you.
    OTOneH Marty in an interesting character.
    OTOtherH he needs to lose the robotic calm more often. He finally told ass bully Omar to f off over an issue. Soo overdue and the way it's written Omar and Javi need to be told again big time.
    The constant bullying by Omar and his younger cousin/whatever Javi is, needs to end. Ya ya they have to show them as the bully cartel members for effect. It's just wayy overdone and due to cease. Stop glorifying these two phucks. Major writing hole imo.

And pretty sure they both will get their comeuppance by the finish. Hopefully Ruthie gets to dust the waste of oxygen Javi. As to Queen Omar, have him sit in jail pouting the rest of his life and have all of his threatening orders from jail intercepted.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Finally caught up with Season 4. I like it OK. Enough to stick it out for the final episodes. But it gets more ridiculous every season about what this family from Chicago accomplishes.

And I like Jason Bateman but one thing that really struck me this season is how terrible a liar Marty is in the show.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Season 4. I like it OK. Enough to stick it out for the final episodes. But it gets more ridiculous every season about what this family from Chicago accomplishes.
    Same here. Some of the phony critics and media are ohhhing and ahhhing over Julia as Ruthie and her angry "I'm going to killlllllllll youuuuuuuu" as if it was some acting for the ages.
    I found it super forced, not believable and high schoolish at best acting. I realize the production had to do it all under Covid restrictions so props to them on the effort.

But, all indications are they are going to build on that and she will storm off looking to kill Javie. She's pulled mega acting parts elsewhere after Ozark so, whatever.
    Some have speculated that the featuring of the young actors in S4 (Johah, his sister) is keeping it open for future spin off shows that continue the Byrdes and that may be why we see a lot of them in S4. Again, whatever.

Lets just hope it ends satisfying. Bateman claims they gave the ending much thought and it will satisfy.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Same here. Some of the phony critics and media are ohhhing and ahhhing over Julia as Ruthie and her angry "I'm going to killlllllllll youuuuuuuu" as if it was some acting for the ages.
    I found it super forced, not believable and high schoolish at best acting. I realize the production had to do it all under Covid restrictions so props to them on the effort.

But, all indications are they are going to build on that and she will storm off looking to kill Javie. She's pulled mega acting parts elsewhere after Ozark so, whatever.
    Some have speculated that the featuring of the young actors in S4 (Johah, his sister) is keeping it open for future spin off shows that continue the Byrdes and that may be why we see a lot of them in S4. Again, whatever.

Lets just hope it ends satisfying. Bateman claims they gave the ending much thought and it will satisfy.
    Yeah...that scene with Ruth was a little cringey to me. I tried to watch Inventing Anna based on some decent reviews but it wasn't my thing. Although she was fine as an actress.
    But if the whole rest of the season is based on her going after Javi, it's going to get even more ridiculous. I hadn't heard that about a spin-off.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    and as another breaking bad analogy... javi gives off somewhat similar vibes to lalo from better call saul (obviously much less measured)

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I tried to watch Inventing Anna based on some decent reviews but it wasn't my thing. Although she was fine as an actress.
    It's very Shondaland to be sure, and focused way too much on Clumsky's character for my taste -- in contrast to The Drop Out, also based on reporting with a female showrunner. They were pretty soft on the grifter when all was said and done. Garner was really good though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's very Shondaland to be sure, and focused way too much on Clumsky's character for my taste -- in contrast to The Drop Out, also based on reporting with a female showrunner. They were pretty soft on the grifter when all was said and done. Garner was really good though.
    Yeah...agree. Garner was excellent. She's one of the reasons I stuck it out for as long as I did. And yep...there was way to much focus on the reporter. I'd have much rather seen more background on Delvey. Maybe it's because they didn't have much more material than they had. I'm assuming a lot was assumed anyway.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Did a quick preview in prep for the final 7 eps.

Couldn't stomach another scene with Javi the new cartell ultra dooshe. Assuming he will get smoked soon.

Omar saying to Marty go ahead and have Javi put away. Was that a deceptive head game or what's up?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's very Shondaland to be sure,
    Did you two slip over to the Silver Dollar Saloon for a margarita and spritzers afterword's to continue this conversation?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Did you two slip over to the Silver Dollar Saloon for a margarita and spritzers afterword's to continue this conversation?
    You're following the Depp/Heard case.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Started watching season 4 the other day. Is it me or is this season even slower pace than the others?

I remember being able to binge watch the early seasons with no problems but I just can’t seen to watch even two episodes back to back. So far, so boring. The wife is as ty and nagging as I remember.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Started watching season 4 the other day. Is it me or is this season even slower pace than the others?

I remember being able to binge watch the early seasons with no problems but I just can’t seen to watch even two episodes back to back. So far, so boring. The wife is as ty and nagging as I remember.
    It's not so much the boredom for me, it's just that it lacks any believability. The central characters behave in ways no human would ever behave in their situations and get away with it. I don't know if it's bad casting, bad writing, or all of the above.

The two central characters, Marty and Ruth, are treated with a level of credibility, trust, and authority that they never earn on screen. Marty is constantly depicted in scenes with murderous druglords stuttering his way through lie after lie with the worst possible body language throughout and continues to get let off the hook for no other reason than to keep the story going with its main character. The show can't decide if it wants Ruth to be tough, cold-blooded and ruthless, or to be a lovesick everygirl who cries all the time and tries to convince a rival cartel leader to spare Darlene's life because her cousin loves her. Either way, she's not believable as a character or as an actress.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Not just you. S4 esp part 2 is a chore to watch.
    The endless flip flopping of allegiances is tiring and beyond far fetched. Very crappy writing.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's not so much the boredom for me, it's just that it lacks any believability. The central characters behave in ways no human would ever behave in their situations and get away with it. I don't know if it's bad casting, bad writing, or all of the above.

The two central characters, Marty and Ruth, are treated with a level of credibility, trust, and authority that they never earn on screen. Marty is constantly depicted in scenes with murderous druglords stuttering his way through lie after lie with the worst possible body language throughout and continues to get let off the hook for no other reason than to keep the story going with its main character. The show can't decide if it wants Ruth to be tough, cold-blooded and ruthless, or to be a lovesick everygirl who cries all the time and tries to convince a rival cartel leader to spare Darlene's life because her cousin loves her. Either way, she's not believable as a character or as an actress.
    Without going back and rewatching other seasons, I can't even remember what Marty and Wendy are trying to do. Take down the cartel for the FBI? At this point they are too high-profile, and everybody from the local officials, the US government, FBI etc know what Marty and Wendy do. How are they not in prison or dead by this point? Just how would they expect to get out of this situation scott free?

And Wendy (who was bad enough already) has gone completely bat .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Terrible final season. Horrible finale. I feel like the writers wrote themselves into a corner and didn't know how to get out.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Without going back and rewatching other seasons, I can't even remember what Marty and Wendy are trying to do. Take down the cartel for the FBI? At this point they are too high-profile, and everybody from the local officials, the US government, FBI etc know what Marty and Wendy do. How are they not in prison or dead by this point? Just how would they expect to get out of this situation scott free?

Also like how they just casually talk about killing x over the phone or in public places.

I'm just going to complete the series because I put years into it but it's been ridiculous.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    At least they did a good job imo of describing how Wendys life and character came to be.
    Abusive, sanctimonious POS bio father.

Altho i hated her paying him off.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    So this was the series finale?

I don't know if it was a joke or what about the Byrds now being big shots but always still driving the minivan and the '89 Oldsmobile sedan

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Terrible final season. Horrible finale. I feel like the writers wrote themselves into a corner and didn't know how to get out.
    I'm guessing Netflix said you need to be done in one more year and they wrote accordingly. Also guessing that most of the main actors/actresses were becoming pretty expensive.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    If they were to come back..... does the kid end up shooting the PI, the cookie ash jar or just a warning shot?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If they were to come back..... does the kid end up shooting the PI, the cookie ash jar or just a warning shot?
    Just more head gamey Sopranos ending type , left up to the viewer to finish how you'd like.

Also keeps alive a spin off, altho that could have been done 7000 different better ways.
    As CanStinkUpEveryting noted, the established actors almost always want more loot therefore a potential spin off could revolve around much lessor pay demands like Charlotte and Jonah.
    That is exactly what happened with Sopranos final season, why all the lame story lines around AJ and to a lesser extent that fine ass Meadow.

Myself i think Ozark is done but never underestimate crap tv magnates moves.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Just more head gamey Sopranos ending type , left up to the viewer to finish how you'd like.

Also keeps alive a spin off, altho that could have been done 7000 different better ways.
    As CanStinkUpEveryting noted, the established actors almost always want more loot therefore a potential spin off could revolve around much lessor pay demands like Charlotte and Jonah.
    That is exactly what happened with Sopranos final season, why all the lame story lines around AJ and to a lesser extent that fine ass Meadow.

Myself i think Ozark is done but never underestimate crap tv magnates moves.
    Yeah since they killed off anyone that might have been interesting enough to do a spinoff, I think Ozark and everything with it is done too.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah since they killed off anyone that might have been interesting enough to do a spinoff, I think Ozark and everything with it is done too.
    Nothing to say they can't come back alive in another series, but appears the $$$ train is over.
    Ruthie has so many following her post Ozark projects, indeed Chumpie and SFS were twitterpated while discussing her acting in Anna over cappuccinos at Oil Can Harrys. So i think she wanted out.

Great idea and good 1st couple seasons.
    General consensus is 4 I and even moreso 4 II blew. So many different better ways they could have ended it. The f was up with bringing and giving soo much time to worthless Javi and worthless Mom.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's insane to me how many people think this is good acting. She won two Emmys. I feel like I'm in bizarro world. This is some Mommie Dearest .

Thread Information