Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It's insane to me how many people think this is good acting. She won two Emmys. I feel like I'm in bizarro world. This is some Mommie Dearest .

That was crigney to be sure. I don't' think I ever said she was a great actress (though she might be). But in inventing Anna, she was very good.
    I'm surprised she's got two Emmy's tbh. It kind of reminds me of one of Reese Witherspoon's early roles where she played straight white trash.

Just found the name..."Freeway". It's a good movie.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    That was crigney to be sure. I don't' think I ever said she was a great actress (though she might be). But in inventing Anna, she was very good.
    I'm surprised she's got two Emmy's tbh. It kind of reminds me of one of Reese Witherspoon's early roles where she played straight white trash.

That's funny, I thought she played the part of a shrewd trailer park zarky pretty well and was awful as Anna. The Russian accent lol

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

I think she's a fine actress but I don't like her in this role. I'm definitely in the minority though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That's funny, I thought she played the part of a shrewd trailer park zarky pretty well and was awful as Anna. The Russian accent lol
    I thought the same thing at first but it turns out that was how the real Anna talked. Some weird affectation between English, Russian, and German. There's a ton of articles about it.
    Supposedly, Garner got it right. Even though it's distracting if you didn't know it was accurate. They probably just should have made her do a straight Russian accent because at first glance, it looks like bad acting.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That ending was disappointing to say the least. But I'm glad it's over. I won't feel obligated to watch it ever again. Ozark is a hard show to describe to people. I enjoyed it while watching it, but never missed it between seasons, and I had a hard time even remembering what happened from one season to the next.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Made it to the second half. Wow does it get worse..

They obviously could have finished the series in under 7 episodes but decided to add a second part for no reason. There are so much padded scenes for time in the second half is just insulting.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Someone on Twitter said this show seems like someone is always doing errands.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Why did the investigator even come back for?

They basically tried pulling a Sopranos ending with shotgun going off to make sure the audience did know someone was shot. Terrible.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Made it to the second half. Wow does it get worse..

They obviously could have finished the series in under 7 episodes but decided to add a second part for no reason. There are so much padded scenes for time in the second half is just insulting.
    Exactly.
    And yet longstanding issues and alliances get put out in -poof- 2 seconds.
    Ruth and Frank Jr make up -just like that.
    Darlene and Frank Sr ditto.

Frank Jr gets blown away by Darlene after a super forced 30 second argument that came out of no where.

To your point, the show gives TONS of time to newcomer Javi yet just glosses over long established themes.

And yes that obnoxious phuck Mel with the super bad Columbo imitation. How the cast his nose so easily imposing his ass on the Bydes etc....pathetic.
    You caught the lame Sopranos style ending too. I guess everyone did.
    Ohhh ohhhh are supposed to talk about whether he killed Mel or maybe shot his mom or dad in anger.

FFS. Great show start that entirely sold out.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    So this was the series finale?

I don't know if it was a joke or what about the Byrds now being big shots but always still driving the minivan and the '89 Oldsmobile sedan
    hey hey according to Marty that Odyssey is the top ranked SUV on the market!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    That ending was disappointing to say the least. But I'm glad it's over. I won't feel obligated to watch it ever again. Ozark is a hard show to describe to people. I enjoyed it while watching it, but never missed it between seasons, and I had a hard time even remembering what happened from one season to the next.
    its discount breaking bad

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Exactly.
    And yet longstanding issues and alliances get put out in -poof- 2 seconds.
    Ruth and Frank Jr make up -just like that.
    Darlene and Frank Sr ditto.

Frank Jr gets blown away by Darlene after a super forced 30 second argument that came out of no where.

To your point, the show gives TONS of time to newcomer Javi yet just glosses over long established themes.

And yes that obnoxious phuck Mel with the super bad Columbo imitation. How the cast his nose so easily imposing his ass on the Bydes etc....pathetic.
    You caught the lame Sopranos style ending too. I guess everyone did.
    Ohhh ohhhh are supposed to talk about whether he killed Mel or maybe shot his mom or dad in anger.

FFS. Great show start that entirely sold out.
    they killed off Del for shock value and i think they never recovered from losing an actually compelling character. the lawyer was never a good subs ute in season 2. and then navarro being on wendy's speed dial and them having casual conversations never made any sense given his position. javi was discount lalo salamanca

Thread Information