Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    imagine what a disaster DeAndre in Dallas would have been tho. Almost as disastrous as LaMarcus in San Antonio
    What? If reaching a WCF finals is disaster then Mavs are at such a low for a franchise I don't even know the words

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What? If reaching a WCF finals is disaster then Mavs are at such a low for a franchise I don't even know the words
    was just about to post this

Generally agree with mono though, just can't see the Spurs swinging a trade for Irving.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Cavs will trade Irving to the Spurs but I'm tempted to bet monosylab1k that will hapen just to improve our chances. I own that mavass big time, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only players I want on the Spurs are wall, curry, Durant and Lebron. I want to keep Aldridge too.
    What's with all these Spurfans that wouldn't give up Aldridge's scrub ass? Aldridge is as valuable as a bag of used dirt. If I could trade him for nothing and just get cap space I would do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, it was so cute watching Spurfan get excited when they thought they were responsible for breaking up the Heat (it was actually just Riley vs Bron). The big Golden state warriors have broken up the entire ing NBA.
    You got that right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's with all these Spurfans that wouldn't give up Aldridge's scrub ass? Aldridge is as valuable as a bag of used dirt. If I could trade him for nothing and just get cap space I would do it.
    That's not a trade, alien boy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    was just about to post this

Generally agree with mono though, just can't see the Spurs swinging a trade for Irving.
    You don't leave the Cavs to go to San Antonio if you're Kyrie Irving level, age and marketability. You go to LA, NY or Chicago.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want prime Wilt and prime Jordan.
    No wilt. Doesn't fit. Jordan will just take possession away from kawhi.

Stockton and Hakeem would work better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge was put in a position to fail. He suddenly became the only focus in offence after kawhi and Parker went down. No one other than Aldridge and a 40 yo Manu had any ability to create a shot. It was easy to shut down the Spurs at that point.

Sure his at ude was horrible, it he would be invaluable as a 3rd option as his defense was good and his mid range and passing works well in today's NBA.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    you know Spurs fans have really taken a tumble when WCF appearances are celebrated. 2007 era Spurs fans would scoff that into oblivion.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    that semen cloud upstairs grew to 23 pages

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you know Spurs fans have really taken a tumble when WCF appearances are celebrated. 2007 era Spurs fans would scoff that into oblivion.
    This is some silly stuff Mono - but I know what you are doing and I will allow it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge was put in a position to fail. He suddenly became the only focus in offence after kawhi and Parker went down. No one other than Aldridge and a 40 yo Manu had any ability to create a shot. It was easy to shut down the Spurs at that point.

Sure his at ude was horrible, it he would be invaluable as a 3rd option as his defense was good and his mid range and passing works well in today's NBA.
    He was awful during the regular season on his costumary second banana role too, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was awful during the regular season on his costumary second banana role too, tbh.
    I didn't think he was that bad. People were expecting another top 15 player in the league given all the preseason hype, and it was unreasonable. Aldridge can be an 18/10 guy with decent defense, and in this day and age, it's a rarity to have. I still think Aldridge could be rehabilitated, but he will never live up to the expectations. he won't be Jefferson awful, but I think he can be a legit second banana on a championship level team (though the Warriors and Cavs skewed what a championship level team is nowadays with all of that collusion). You put a Mike Conley type on the Spurs, and they can be a very good team with Kawhi and Aldridge forming a solid core. It really depends on what you were expecting in the first place. He's not going to prime Tim, or even post prime Tim, or even the Admiral, or even MVPau type of player, but he can be a fat Gasol type or a Chris Bosh type in the right system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't think he was that bad. People were expecting another top 15 player in the league given all the preseason hype, and it was unreasonable. Aldridge can be an 18/10 guy with decent defense, and in this day and age, it's a rarity to have. I still think Aldridge could be rehabilitated, but he will never live up to the expectations. he won't be Jefferson awful, but I think he can be a legit second banana on a championship level team (though the Warriors and Cavs skewed what a championship level team is nowadays with all of that collusion). You put a Mike Conley type on the Spurs, and they can be a very good team with Kawhi and Aldridge forming a solid core. It really depends on what you were expecting in the first place. He's not going to prime Tim, or even post prime Tim, or even the Admiral, or even MVPau type of player, but he can be a fat Gasol type or a Chris Bosh type in the right system.
    I just want him to stop being a soft inefficient fadeaway jump shooter, and that will never happen because it is his style.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just want him to stop being a soft inefficient fadeaway jump shooter, and that will never happen because it is his style.
    That's it in a nuts . The man, not the man, sidekick, etc. Ultimately that's not the issue. It's the fact he plays with no heart and is easily discouraged, and shies away.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    This is some silly stuff Mono - but I know what you are doing and I will allow it.
    So Spurs fans have never mocked another fanbase for celebrating a WCF appearance?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kyrie is an amazing 1v1 player but in the economy of a ring he isn't such a big piece as he is made out to be. Zero defense, zero leadership, chuck you out of games, no ball movement, weak off-ball play, small in size, he scores 30 but his man scores 35 and the defense is inexistent. The perfect overrated player imo, especially as he played against curry who defends worse than a chair, so he statpadded a lot. If the cavs are smart they flip him for young defensive pieces (wing and pg) and they go back to bullyball and win a ring. Too bad the cavs are ran by amateurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyrie is an amazing 1v1 player but in the economy of a ring he isn't such a big piece as he is made out to be. Zero defense, zero leadership, chuck you out of games, no ball movement, weak off-ball play, small in size, he scores 30 but his man scores 35 and the defense is inexistent. The perfect overrated player imo, especially as he played against curry who defends worse than a chair, so he statpadded a lot. If the cavs are smart they flip him for young defensive pieces (wing and pg) and they go back to bullyball and win a ring. Too bad the cavs are ran by amateurs.
    Hmm...sounds like Tony Parker

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don't think Curry is as bad of a defender as he is made out to be, but the rest of this post is on-point

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perfect for today's NBA.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Perfect for today's NBA.
    Yet LMA sucks in today's NBA. Really makes you think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet LMA sucks in today's NBA. Really makes you think.
    18/8 isn't suck. Not sure what your standards are. He would have been Raef Lafrentz if he played 20 years ago. In other words Lafrentz would have been an all star and highly sought after free agent if he played in today's NBA.

Thread Information