Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast
    Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Most of these statues were put up long after the Civil War, during the Jim Crow era, at a time when white southerners were still butthurt over losing the war and wanted to flaunt their racism. They have no historical value; the only reason they were ever erected in the first place was to taunt and intimidate black people.

Furthermore, we can remember traitors without honoring them. There are these things called museums, history books, the History Channel, and the Internet. None of them are going to disappear overnight if some cheap, ugly statues are removed.

I don't see a problem with letting the communities vote on whether or not the statues should stay up, tbh. The fearmongering about history being erased has no basis in fact.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are these things called museums, history books, the History Channel, and the Internet. None of them are going to disappear overnight if some cheap, ugly statues are removed.
    I think you may have identified one of the problems, people who watch the History Channel only see stuff like Pawn Wars and Larry the Cable Guy anymore, so it's no wonder they think history is being erased.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    When they take the Ken Burns series off Netflix, I'll know Antifa is to blame.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you may have identified one of the problems, people who watch the History Channel only see stuff like Pawn Wars and Larry the Cable Guy anymore, so it's no wonder they think history is being erased.
    You mean the History Channel has started airing something other than Nazi do entaries? It's been a while since I've had cable.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean the History Channel has started airing something other than Nazi do entaries? It's been a while since I've had cable.
    Oh yeah that was so pre-2009ish. Check out this lineup: http://www.history.com/shows

I haven't had cable in a while either and I don't miss it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's all garbage. Only reason I have it is for the San Antonio Spurs, Texas Rangers, and the Dallas Cowboys.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    liberals are idiots

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh yeah that was so pre-2009ish. Check out this lineup: http://www.history.com/shows

Pawnography

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah the glory days. It makes me sad when I go back and watch old Sopranos episodes and see Tony glued to the History Channel for all their great WWII do entaries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    liberals are idiots

That's mean Ducks.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The History Channel was much better when it was the Hitler Channel instead of the Alien Conspiracy Channel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most of these statues were put up long after the Civil War, during the Jim Crow era, at a time when white southerners were still butthurt over losing the war and wanted to flaunt their racism.

I guess the white hoods and burning crosses weren't enough?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I guess the white hoods and burning crosses weren't enough?
    Gotta do something during the day.

Or are you still trying to say they weren't the same people, Darrin?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good to see CN stepping up in the clutch tbh... Showing integrity instead of being a partisan shill

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The confederates LOST the war, they shouldnt have a damn thing up. Since when does the loser get to have a form of a trophy.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The confederates LOST the war, they shouldnt have a damn thing up. Since when does the loser get to have a form of a trophy.
    Though not a soul on these Boards have ever uttered a peep about this until this month. Not one in' word. Now, NOW, now you're outraged.

Horse .

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Though not a soul on these Boards have ever uttered a peep about this until this month. Not one in' word. Now, NOW, now you're outraged.

Horse .
    It's true, Dale. They're losers trying to put themselves in the winners' circle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Horse .
    Ive said this forever, not just this month. I never understood it. The winner gets to rip all that bull down and put their statues up. How in the did the confederates pull that off?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Ive said this forever, not just this month. I never understood it. The winner gets to rip all that bull down and put their statues up. How in the did the confederates pull that off?
    Then cite the post and I'll relent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We lost Vietnam war and we still have tons of monuments, Einstein

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To answer the OPs question, we are taking the monuments down not because they are of traitors or losers like the MSM has been saying and morons here parroting.

We are taking them down because it offends a group of ppl. You can take anything down as long as it offends the right kinds and right numbers of ppl.

Of course anything that offends the american indian is excluded as american indians are still not considered humans to this day in the good ol US of A

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good to see CN stepping up in the clutch tbh... Showing integrity instead of being a partisan shill

Yeah, avoiding some real elite company of Dale, Darrin and Chris.

Thread Information