Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RPCS3 has taken huge strides in 2017. Almost nothing was playable last year, but now check this :

Catherine

Demon's Souls

Dragon's Crown

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kingdom Hearts 1.5

Okami

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But there is still a ton of work left on it. For instance, Red Dead Redemption looks a long way away from being playable

Persona 5's framerate is pretty choppy still

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol they mostly show playable parts of the game..Lots of bits that is still unplyable

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol they mostly show playable parts of the game..Lots of bits that is still unplyable
    Hence looking promising with a lot more to be accomplished.

Streaming PS3 games through PSNOW is still the more effiecient way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

isnt that like 500 dollars a year? no thanks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those first six games I posted are supposed to be fully playable with good framerates. I know Demon's Souls is if you configure it correctly. The majority of games either don't start, crash a lot, or run 5-15 fps with really bad texture problems but last year they all ran that bad except for one crappy Shrek game and some really lame cartoony game I can't recall right off hand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Buying the PS3 games from Gamestop and the Playstation Store is still the most efficient. But hopefully RPCS3 will give us a way to play these PS3 games once the legit hardware becomes hard to find and expensive.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    How about Grand Tourismo 6?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about Grand Tourismo 6?
    It's only listed as loadable.

https://rpcs3.net/compatibility?c=g&o=2a&p=2

You have any interest in the Forza games? You should be able to play the upcoming Forza 7 in Windows 10, and most people I know into racing simulations prefer Forza to Gran Turismo. Forza 7 is also supposed to run at 4k 60fps on XBox One X if you'd rather play racing games on console to put on an HDTV vs monitor. At least it was running 4k60 at Microsoft's E3 presentation back in June.

Last edited by baseline bum; 08-20-2017 at 02:25 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking good, but what GPU are they using?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GT Sports is kicking ass... and I'm not a driving sim guy... that said, I played it on this 250k+ cabinet...

The VR version is kinda weird though, just weird not feeling the G forces when turning, etc...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GT Sports is kicking ass... and I'm not a driving sim guy... that said, I played it on this 250k+ cabinet...

The VR version is kinda weird though, just weird not feeling the G forces when turning, etc...
    Waiting for this so bad.

Actually impressed they're releasing it this year. Thought for sure it would be pushed deep into 2018.

Still might though. You never know with Polyphony.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Is GT Sport a simulation like previous Gran Turismo games and like Forza Motorsport, or is it an arcade racer like Forza Horizon?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking good, but what GPU are they using?
    I'm not sure if it really even uses the gpu in those videos. I can't seem to find it now but I saw a post from one of the RPCS3 devs this week talking about how they just started emulating the RSX with gpu instead of the cpu. Almost all emulators are extremely cpu bound, and bound by single core performance. For instance, CEMU can run mostly 30 fps on Zelda BOTW if you have a 4GHz Skylake quadcore but drop down to a 3.6 GHz i7-5820k hexacore and you get lots of drops into the low to mid 20s on the framerate. PCSX2 for the PS2 is similarly straight cpu bound. Same for Dolphin on Wii + Gamecube. I can't think of any emulator that cares a whole lot about what gpu you run. But I haven't ran RPCS3 mostly because I have pretty much every PS3 game I want already either on disc or bought from the Playstation Store, so I'm going to wait until it's really polished before installing and gaming on it. But if you have a Skylake i5 or i7 with a decent clockspeed it seems like Dragon's Crown would be pretty playable. I remember you're really into 2D beat 'em ups and that is a killer game. Odin Sphere Leifthrasir is another really cool 2D beat 'em up listed as currently playable on the RPCS3 compatibility list, but that could mean it runs at 15-20 fps instead of the 30 fps a real PS3 would run it at. So playable but not enjoyable if that's the case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure if it really even uses the gpu in those videos. I can't seem to find it now but I saw a post from one of the RPCS3 devs this week talking about how they just started emulating the RSX with gpu instead of the cpu. Almost all emulators are extremely cpu bound, and bound by single core performance. For instance, CEMU can run mostly 30 fps on Zelda BOTW if you have a 4GHz Skylake quadcore but drop down to a 3.6 GHz i7-5820k hexacore and you get lots of drops into the low to mid 20s on the framerate. PCSX2 for the PS2 is similarly straight cpu bound. Same for Dolphin on Wii + Gamecube. I can't think of any emulator that cares a whole lot about what gpu you run. But I haven't ran RPCS3 mostly because I have pretty much every PS3 game I want already either on disc or bought from the Playstation Store, so I'm going to wait until it's really polished before installing and gaming on it. But if you have a Skylake i5 or i7 with a decent clockspeed it seems like Dragon's Crown would be pretty playable. I remember you're really into 2D beat 'em ups and that is a killer game. Odin Sphere Leifthrasir is another really cool 2D beat 'em up listed as currently playable on the RPCS3 compatibility list, but that could mean it runs at 15-20 fps instead of the 30 fps a real PS3 would run it at. So playable but not enjoyable if that's the case.
    Yeah, Dragon Crown is kickass I have it on my list since you told me about it but I have been busy and with almost no time to play, a friend gave me a year ago Killzone Shadow Fall as a birthday present and Iīve never finished yet.
    So when I have some free time I play some PC game, lately I played Wonder Boy 3 Dragonīs Trap remake, Mother Russia Bleeds, Ori and the Blind Forest, Axiom Verge, and SWAT 4 remake, all games that you can play an hour and then quit.

I have an i7 4790 so thats no Skylake, but I wanna think these guys are going to optimize, like it happened with Dolphin and that girl that in just 1 month did more optimizing that others did in years.
    Im very interested in PS3 emulation to play Hard Corps Uprising there, so I dont have to plug the console, but is posible to have those PSN games that are digital only?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Dragon Crown is kickass I have it on my list since you told me about it but I have been busy and with almost no time to play, a friend gave me a year ago Killzone Shadow Fall as a birthday present and Iīve never finished yet.
    So when I have some free time I play some PC game, lately I played Wonder Boy 3 Dragonīs Trap remake, Mother Russia Bleeds, Ori and the Blind Forest, Axiom Verge, and SWAT 4 remake, all games that you can play an hour and then quit.
    Man I gotta play Mother Russia Bleeds, I have heard nothing but great things about that game. There is a new Ori coming out too. I'm not sure if it's this year or next, but I remember seeing it at Microsoft's E3 conference.

I have an i7 4790 so thats no Skylake, but I wanna think these guys are going to optimize, like it happened with Dolphin and that girl that in just 1 month did more optimizing that others did in years.
    Im very interested in PS3 emulation to play Hard Corps Uprising there, so I dont have to plug the console, but is posible to have those PSN games that are digital only?
    If you bought the games off the PS Store I think they said they're able to use those once you transfer them off your PS3 hard drive, that it was the preferred way to play as opposed to ripping from a blu-ray disc. I hope so because I have a ton of PS3 digital games I bought (they're so cheap now in their sales and I usually only buy the discs for games I can't get digitally). I don't know off hand any good sites for PS3 roms. My go to rom site is emuparadise.me, but I don't think they carry anything newer than Wii roms. No 360/PS3/Wii-U AFAIK. Damn I never heard of Hard Corps Uprising, but after checking some reviews it looks like a pretty awesome Contra inspired game. I'll put that on my watch list and grab it when it goes on sale for $5 (almost all PS3 games go for $5 or less at some point in their sales).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man I gotta play Mother Russia Bleeds, I have heard nothing but great things about that game. There is a new Ori coming out too. I'm not sure if it's this year or next, but I remember seeing it at Microsoft's E3 conference.

If you bought the games off the PS Store I think RPCS3 said they're able to use those once you transfer them off your PS3 hard drive. I hope so because I have a ton of PS3 digital games I bought (they're so cheap now in their sales). I don't know off hand any good sites for PS3 roms. My go to rom site is emuparadise.me, but I don't think they carry anything newer than Wii roms. No 360/PS3/Wii-U AFAIK. Damn I never heard of Hard Corps Uprising, but after checking some reviews it looks like a pretty awesome Contra inspired game. I'll put that on my watch list and grab it when it goes on sale for $5 (almost all PS3 games go for $5 or less at some point in their sales).
    MR Bleeds is very funny, you wont have so many moves as Double Dragon Neon but is a violent MF plus it has 2 endings and the good ending is hard to get but when you make it is very rewarding, I finished the bad ending first and then with experience got the good ending.

I have Hard Corps Uprising but is not completely legal, I bought the game from some guy that gives me some PSN code and then I must create a folder put the game there and If I recall correctly some kind of virtual drive, so I dont have the game registered in my PSN account.
    Maybe someone dumps the game and is emulator friendly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's only listed as loadable.

https://rpcs3.net/compatibility?c=g&o=2a&p=2

You have any interest in the Forza games? You should be able to play the upcoming Forza 7 in Windows 10, and most people I know into racing simulations prefer Forza to Gran Turismo. Forza 7 is also supposed to run at 4k 60fps on XBox One X if you'd rather play racing games on console to put on an HDTV vs monitor. At least it was running 4k60 at Microsoft's E3 presentation back in June.

I prefer Forza to GT because the customization options are deeper and it has a paint program built in.. Made some really good offensive cars to troll with back in the day

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dude if you don't have Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, you gotta get it based on the games you're into. Oh man that game is epic. And it plays really well on RPCS3. I was getting 55-60 fps on it when I tried it this morning and I have a slightly weaker cpu than you (Xeon E3-1231v3, which is a rebranded i7-4770 minus 100 MHz). I was using the European ROM [BLES02241]. You need to create a quick patch that's explained in the RPCS3 forums for it to run though, otherwise it gets stuck on a loading screen.

Here is a quick video on setting RCPS3 up. You should have no problem running it on an i7-4790.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude if you don't have Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, you gotta get it based on the games you're into. Oh man that game is epic. And it plays really well on RPCS3. I was getting 55-60 fps on it when I tried it this morning and I have a slightly weaker cpu than you (Xeon E3-1231v3, which is a rebranded i7-4770 minus 100 MHz). I was using the European ROM [BLES02241]. You need to create a quick patch that's explained in the RPCS3 forums for it to run though, otherwise it gets stuck on a loading screen.

Here is a quick video on setting RCPS3 up. You should have no problem running it on an i7-4790.

Wow this game looks great too! Iīve downloaded Dragons Crown and its great, only made the first mission because the stupid generic USB controller had the right analog wrong so it was hard to control that dwarf that opens treasures while you are kicking asses.

But now Iīve found a program that makes a PS3 controller work like a XB360 controller, like an emulator its name is SCPToolkit, and now I can play Cuphead on it, is a little late since I had to finish the game with a keyboard but now I can take the bosses on expert mode.

Now also have Hard Corps Uprising too but I need to upgrade the video card to use Vulkan drivers since my 780 died like a year ago.

Gonna check if there is another region iso for Odin Sphere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gonna check if there is another region iso for Odin Sphere.
    You gotta get the European ISO version to get past a loading screen. Specifically one called loading trophy information. The European iso has a simple workaround in this thread:

https://forums.rpcs3.net/thread-188090.html

The other three versions I know of (North American ISO, North American PSN, and Japanese ISO) aren't playable. I can only personally vouch for the beginning of the game though (but it's listed on the compatibility list as fully playable). I liked the first 15 minutes so much I bought the PS4 version of the game.

You have to do a little bit of tweaking in RPCS3. Eg some games work better with only 1 SPU thread (eg Catherine, which runs at 30 fps if you choose 1 but 15 fps if you choose more) while others want 3-4 (eg Demon's Souls). I ran Odin Sphere Leifhthrasir on 1 SPU thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You gotta get the European ISO version to get past a loading screen. Specifically one called loading trophy information. The European iso has a simple workaround in this thread:

https://forums.rpcs3.net/thread-188090.html

The other three versions I know of (North American ISO, North American PSN, and Japanese ISO) aren't playable. I can only personally vouch for the beginning of the game though (but it's listed on the compatibility list as fully playable). I liked the first 15 minutes so much I bought the PS4 version of the game.

You have to do a little bit of tweaking in RPCS3. Eg some games work better with only 1 SPU thread (eg Catherine, which runs at 30 fps if you choose 1 but 15 fps if you choose more) while others want 3-4 (eg Demon's Souls). I ran Odin Sphere Leifhthrasir on 1 SPU thread.
    Well this must be the Euro version then, this guy always put games with links in his videos, here he shows you his config before entering the game and some links.

I find easier to config this PS3 emulator than the PS2 ones which is weird considering PS3 complexion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well this must be the Euro version then, this guy always put games with links in his videos, here he shows you his config before entering the game and some links.

I find easier to config this PS3 emulator than the PS2 ones which is weird considering PS3 complexion.
    Yeah that's the European rom BLES02241

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The screens of these games running in 4K look pretty promising.. Another benefit of gaming on God's platform

Thread Information