Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got bent by the Chinaman again, nothing to see here.
    Too bad ignorant Trumpistas can't leave well enough alone.

Peter Navarro just attempted a revivification of the dead horse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the problem? All govt spending trickles down to the peoples.
    it will trickle down

eventually

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just wait for it.

its coming

eventually

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just wait for it.

its coming

eventually
    Trump health care plan? what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just wait for it.

its coming

eventually

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

• Taiwan electronics manufacturer Foxconn is drastically scaling back a planned $10 billion factory in Wisconsin.
    • Under a deal, Foxconn will reduce its planned investment to $672 million from $10 billion, and slash the number of new jobs to 1,454 from 13,000.
    • The deal was first announced at the White House in July 2017, with then-president Donald Trump boasting of it as an example of how his “America First” agenda could revive U.S. tech manufacturing.

The state will reduce the tax credits authorized for the project to $80 million from $2.85 billion.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/21/foxc...-by-trump.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Puttin' them jobs into that rust belt.

4 x 2=8
    another post that aged like milk, tbh... like this deal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Taiwan's Foxconn Discussing Electric Vehicle Plant In Wisconsin

Taiwan's Foxconn said on Friday it was in talks with the U.S. state of Wisconsin about building electric vehicles there, part of the major Apple supplier's push to diversify income streams. Autoblog reports: Foxconn and electric car manufacturer Fisker Inc said in May that they had finalized a vehicle-assembly deal. They did not identify a location, but Fisker's CEO said Foxconn's Wisconsin site was a possibility. In a statement, Foxconn said it had begun discussions with Wisconsin. "Foxconn has engaged the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation to discuss the company's plans for electric vehicle manufacturing. Foxconn is optimistic about our partnership with WEDC and looks forward to ongoing discussions," it added.

In April, Foxconn drastically scaled back a planned $10 billion factory in Wisconsin, confirming its retreat from a project that former U.S. President Donald Trump once called "the eighth wonder of the world" and was supposed to build cutting-edge flat-panel display screens. A month earlier, Foxconn's chairman said it may make EVs at the Wisconsin site, though could decide on Mexico, and would make a decision this year. Foxconn aims to provide components or services to 10% of the world's EVs by 2025 to 2027, posing a threat to established automakers by allowing technology companies a shortcut to competing in the vehicle market.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Taiwan's Foxconn Discussing Electric Vehicle Plant In Wisconsin

Taiwan's Foxconn said on Friday it was in talks with the U.S. state of Wisconsin about building electric vehicles there, part of the major Apple supplier's push to diversify income streams. Autoblog reports: Foxconn and electric car manufacturer Fisker Inc said in May that they had finalized a vehicle-assembly deal. They did not identify a location, but Fisker's CEO said Foxconn's Wisconsin site was a possibility. In a statement, Foxconn said it had begun discussions with Wisconsin. "Foxconn has engaged the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation to discuss the company's plans for electric vehicle manufacturing. Foxconn is optimistic about our partnership with WEDC and looks forward to ongoing discussions," it added.

In April, Foxconn drastically scaled back a planned $10 billion factory in Wisconsin, confirming its retreat from a project that former U.S. President Donald Trump once called "the eighth wonder of the world" and was supposed to build cutting-edge flat-panel display screens. A month earlier, Foxconn's chairman said it may make EVs at the Wisconsin site, though could decide on Mexico, and would make a decision this year. Foxconn aims to provide components or services to 10% of the world's EVs by 2025 to 2027, posing a threat to established automakers by allowing technology companies a shortcut to competing in the vehicle market.
    Foxconn is just ing with Wisconsin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Foxconn Factory Fiasco Could Leave Wisonsinites On the Hook For $300 Million

For five years, Foxconn promised and spectacularly failed to build a much-hyped sprawling factory near Mount Pleasant, Wisconsin. Now, the area's leaders may be saddled with $300 million in bond repayments that the Taiwanese iPhone maker had promised to repay. According to the Wall Street Journal, Foxconn agreed to pay $36 million annually across a 20-year term to pay for the surrounding infrastructure supporting the now-abandoned 3,000-acre site. Those payments are scheduled to start next tax year, and local leaders told the newspaper they're counting on Foxconn's cash to maintain the site while they try to attract another occupant.

Finding an occupant hasn't been easy. Intel, which announced a $20 billion investment in two chip factories in Ohio in January, was also considering Wisconsin for the project, with its focus on Racine, the nearest large city to the proposed Foxconn plant. The other option to cover the costs would be a total Foxconn pullout, which state officials said would let the government sell the land, assessed at a value of over $500 million. Ultimately, we're told, Foxconn promised to cough up $300 million to cover bonds for the infrastructure, whether the plant went ahead or not, but with that deal in tatters, it's now not clear if the money will be paid.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another big govt failure

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another big govt failure

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He broke you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He said he was making america great again, instead he got FoxConned and left us with a $300 million bill.

You ate it up, then when Joe saved you, he broke you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In Biden's America, Foxconn abandons Wisconsin project touted by Trump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    read through the thread, it was abandoned well before Joe Biden arrived

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol pure posting

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump broke you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Foxconn sells buildings that were to house "innovation centers" in Eau Claire and Green Bay.

Thread Information