Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Common knowledge. But here's one video.

Seems important.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So your research into Presidential candidate name origins includes fake news. Surprise level: 0.

I mean it's one thing to not know, it's another thing completely to actively seek out and be duped by false info.
    I don't know if he is duped by it.
    He just chooses information that suits him.
    Bad info is anything he deems liberal in color.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems important.
    Then don't ask, dumb .

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Then don't ask, dumb .
    meltdown

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny how you're ever so willing to take the lies of your fellow lemmings
    Here's what you said:

In her first book, your boy Hillary, who was born in 1948, claimed she was named for Sir Edmund Hillary, who was among the first climbers to climb Mt. Everest. Just one problem, Edmund hadn't climbed the mountain until 1953.
    Here's what your Politifact link says:

At an airstrip in Katmandu, Nepal — just after an overnight tiger safari and just before her departure for this poverty-ridden pocket of South Asia — Mrs. Clinton shook hands with the famous climber, then 75, the New York Times reported.

During the brief meeting, Clinton "confessed that her mother, Dorothy Rodham, had read an article about the intrepid Edmund Hillary, a one-time beekeeper who had taken to mountain climbing, when she was pregnant with her daughter in 1947 and liked the name," the Times wrote. " ‘It had two l's, which is how she thought she was supposed to spell Hillary,’ Mrs. Clinton told reporters after the brief meeting on the tarmac, minutes before her Air Force jet flew past the peak of Everest itself. ‘So when I was born, she called me Hillary, and she always told me it's because of Sir Edmund Hillary.’

For years, this story wasn’t widely discussed — it wasn’t mentioned in Hillary Clinton’s 2003 autobiography, Living History, for instance — but it did make its way into the autobiography of her husband, former President Bill Clinton, which was published in 2004.
    So you've gone from "Hillary, in an anecdote, said her mom told her she was named for Edmund Hillary" to "Hillary lied about the origin of her name in her first book."

What an outrage!

BTW, this lie is not any big obscure secret. Listen to the entire vid I just posted if you give even half a .
    I gave just enough of a to skim the Politifact article. I've concluded that this is exactly the kind of laughable nothingburger that only the most hyperbolic Clinton haters would think is an important story. Which means it's probably all over the fake news web in all sorts of different versions (like how she included it in her first book), which is why you think it's common knowledge.

You care more about this story than you care about Donald Trump being sued by the Federal Government for racial housing discrimination.
    Last edited by Spurminator; 09-22-2017 at 09:30 AM.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's what you said:

Here's what your Politifact link says:

So you've gone from "Hillary, in an anecdote, said her mom told her she was named for Edmund Hillary" to "Hillary lied about the origin of her name in her first book."

What an outrage!

I gave just enough of a to skim the Politifact article. I've concluded that this is exactly the kind of laughable nothingburger that only the most hyperbolic Clinton haters would think is an important story. Which means it's probably all over the fake news web in all sorts of different versions (like how she included it in her first book), which is why you think it's common knowledge.

You care more about this story than you care about Donald Trump being sued by the Federal Government for racial housing discrimination.
    It's a something burger. Common knowledge, dude.

And somebody on a video had said it was in her first book. It doesn't matter exactly where it was said. That article and the video I posted clearly do ent that it was said as well as much of the aftermath. If you're going to dismiss that as a nothing burger, then there's nothing you won't dismiss, which makes you a joke basically.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Wait, you're trying to accuse Hillary of lying about something?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a something burger. Common knowledge, dude.

And somebody on a video had said it was in her first book. It doesn't matter exactly where it was said. That article and the video I posted clearly do ent that it was said as well as much of the aftermath. If you're going to dismiss that as a nothing burger, then there's nothing you won't dismiss, which makes you a joke basically.
    No really, why does it matter how she got her name

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurminator

For years, this story wasn’t widely discussed — it wasn’t mentioned in Hillary Clinton’s 2003 autobiography, Living History, for instance — but it did make its way into the autobiography of her husband, former President Bill Clinton, which was published in 2004.
    So these idiots were still touting the story like a decade later.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eventually, in October 2006, a Clinton spokeswoman walked the story back.
    "It was a sweet family story her mother shared to inspire greatness in her daughter, to great results I might add,'' said spokeswoman Jennifer Hanley, according to the New York Times.
    When the urban-legends checking site Snopes.com looked at the controversy, it noted that it actually wasn’t impossible that Clinton’s mother could have heard about Hillary by the time her daughter was born. It noted that he was already gaining some renown as a mountain climber prior to 1953, and even as early as the pre-World War II period.
    Still, when Snopes scrutinized several major American newspapers, including the Rodhams’ hometown Chicago Tribune, prior to 1953, it couldn’t find any evidence that the mountain climber had been profiled. This suggests that he was still too obscure a figure to have attracted Dorothy Rodham’s attention.

It was "almost certainly a bit of fiction invented for political expediency," Snopes concluded.
    Dumb Spurminator

You know it's bad when even Snopes won't adequately lie about it.

"nothing burger"
    "political expediency" though

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No really, why does it matter how she got her name
    Does it matter that she's a big fat liar?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Dumb Spurminator

You know it's bad when even Snopes won't adequately lie about it.

"nothing burger"
    "political expediency" though
    When does Snopes "adequately lie"?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When does Snopes "adequately lie"?
    They consistently lie, mislead, diminish, do damage control, etc.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They consistently lie, mislead, diminish, do damage control, etc.
    Nah, and I know you won't provide any examples since you're butthurt,.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Spurminator

So these idiots were still touting the story like a decade later.
    Yet she still never claimed it in any book of hers, ever, like you said she did. So you're still a fake news believing dumbass, Forum Rag.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just @'ed me three times to argue over a Hillary Clinton anecdote. I know it's not a nothingburger to YOU. We've already established you care too much about stupid . No one else cares.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just @'ed me three times to argue over a Hillary Clinton anecdote. I know it's not a nothingburger to YOU. We've already established you care too much about stupid . No one else cares.
    I never said it was a nothing burger, dumb . That was you, dumb .

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet she still never claimed it in any book of hers, ever, like you said she did. So you're still a fake news believing dumbass, Forum Rag.
    Yea, focus on the point that doesn't matter. She said it; that's indisputable. If you're gonna insult me, you'd get more traction by not being a ing moron.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yea, focus on the point that doesn't matter
    that's exactly the point that matters. You fell for fake news, then had to do research all day to cover for your sandwich. Brah, you hung this L on yourself.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's exactly the point that matters. Brah, you hung this L on yourself.

Still stealing my jokes...

And no, that's the point that's completely inconsequential to the argument at hand. Hillary lied; that's undeniable regardless of where she said it. This isn't even hard stuff. You have to be a hack to pretend you don't get this sh**.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell us how much you love Hillary when she runs again in 2020 and runs the rest of the field off. She is a greedy power hungry ****. Deal with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell us how much you love Hillary when she runs again in 2020 and runs the rest of the field off. She is a greedy power hungry ****. Deal with it.
    That is about Trumps only hope in 3 years.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stealing my joke and not even applying it to that matters. Have fun, dude.

Thread Information