Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Schilling still has shills defending his actions?
    What's your defense for Jemele, "shill"?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mad he didn't affirmative action that, son?
    It's not racism until there's a pissed off white person to point it out...basically the continued under mining of blacks by the Left by thinking what they demand blacks think. No independent thought for the darkies, per the Big Book of Leftism.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His thought process can't comprehend beyond "contradict the opposing opinions...breathe, repeat."

I M Ultimate Badass Quadzilla99's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curt Schilling was fired by ESPN for taking a stand against the shattering of cultural norms IE speaking out against trans restrooms. Jemele Hill was allowed to slander the president of these United States with virtual impunity, calling him a white supremacist.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/21/s...n.html?mcubz=1
    http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...air-light.html
    Once again you're a dumbass: http://deadspin.com/report-espn-trie...igh-1811489188

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I barely know who she is. I dont watch ESPN save for the baseball and basketball games they have on.

Cool try though.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, they wanted to suspend her and still didn't, allegedly? You think you got a point, bro? Nothing from stopping them from doing it still. And you really think they couldn't find two anchors? They have like fifty in Bristol. , that doesn't include interns and producers who could fill-in in a pinch.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I barely know who she is. I dont watch ESPN save for the baseball and basketball games they have on.

Cool try though.
    So, your defense is that you're ignorant.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, your defense is that you're ignorant.
    My defense is that I dont watch any ESPNS programming outside of the actual games.

But I'm in agreement with her correct assesment that Trump is a bigot and a white supremacy apologist.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is exactly what I'm talking about:

When none of the four black hosts would budge, and the only other option was two white people hosting SportsCenter, ESPN relented and allowed Hill and Smith on the air, according to Gibbs.
    Ins utional demagoguery at ESPN.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My defense is that I dont watch any ESPNS programming outside of the actual games.

But I'm in agreement with her correct assesment that Trump is a bigot and a white supremacy apologist.
    Exactly, you're okay with the black liberal expressing a "polarizing" opinion and aren't cool with the white conservative expressing a "polarizing" opinion.

The prosecution rests.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Dumbass" You didn't even read all of the ultra lib ThinkProgress's article. ESPN denied asking any anchors to do the show.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Dumbass" You didn't even read all of the ultra lib ThinkProgress's article. ESPN denied asking any anchors to do the show.
    A company has never lied about things that are controversials before.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a business catering to the vast majority of Americans, tbh... not sure what's weird about that...

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A company has never lied about things that are controversials before.
    I don't trust sh** that ESPN says. But naturally the point went over your head. Dude was trying to present something as reality based on "sources" presented by an oober liberal org when the company and no actual anchors supporting that.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a business catering to the vast majority of Americans, tbh... not sure what's weird about that...
    Weird about denigrating one "half" and coddling the other "half"?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't trust sh** that ESPN says. But naturally the point went over your head. Dude was trying to present something as reality based on "sources" presented by an oober liberal org when the company and no actual anchors supporting that.
    So you call it fake news because the sources are anonymous. So original.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird about denigrating one "half" and coddling the other "half"?
    It's not really half. They're a cable network catering to their audience, which is primarily in the 18-34 age group, largely metropolitan. That's firmly snowflake territory...

You can always switch to Hannity, or the History channel if they're showing some Nazi do entary, IMO....

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you call it fake news because the sources are anonymous. So original.
    It has the earmarks of fake news regardless of whether I call it that or not.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not really half. They're a cable network catering to their audience, which is primarily in the 18-34 age group, largely metropolitan. That's firmly snowflake territory...

You can always switch to Hannity, or the History channel if they're showing some Nazi do entary, IMO....
    ESPN's base is way too broad to be making that argument, tbh. Sports is not the provincial domain of conservative or liberal. In fact, I come across way more conservative sports fans than liberal sports fans, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ESPN's base is way too broad to be making that argument, tbh. Sports is not the provincial domain of conservative or liberal. In fact, I come across way more conservative sports fans than liberal sports fans, tbh.
    It doesn't work like that for a business, they have to know who their audience is, and cater to them...

This is ESPN's audience:
    http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/espn...r-to-date.html

They're Disney-owned, and a business like any other, trying to cater to the younger audience...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You also have to add that Fox pioneered political polarization as a successful model, tbh, shouldn't be surprising other networks like CNN, MSNBC and ESPN following suit...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to mention that despite the fact that Trump won the electoral college, the majority of Americans voted blue... another fact that I'm sure doesn't escape them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You also have to add that Fox pioneered political polarization as a successful model, tbh, shouldn't be surprising other networks like CNN, MSNBC and ESPN following suit...
    Stone cold.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's hard to argue that it's a model that has worked well for them, tbh... I personally hate it, but I can always switch the channel.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's hard to argue that it's a model that has worked well for them, tbh... I personally hate it, but I can always switch the channel.
    Exactly. People act like there isn't choice and they'd rather waste energy complaining about stuff they can tune out and/or turn off. People just don't know what to do with themselves. I used to be an ESPN junkie til about late 09 and just ran out of time in real life to care and then the politics made me cancel my The Mag subscription and totally stop watching sans the rare Spurs games.

The only good thing about ESPN is trolling Pats fans on their FB threads.

Thread Information