Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more you share their , the better is for them... there's no such thing as bad free publicity...

She's not the first or last to make politically charged comments, and she might get fired or not, but the fact that you're talking about them is working out great...
    Not sure I buy that really; but it's not matter b/c people aren't staying away b/c of isolated incidents. They're staying away b/c of their agenda driven culture.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that what their PR firm told you? Sports are as popular and lucrative as ever. They're losing audience because they're being s.
    Not sure I buy that really; but it's not matter b/c people aren't staying away b/c of isolated incidents. They're staying away b/c of their agenda driven culture.
    dude, you don't have to buy anything, and I'm not trying to convince you of anything. If you haven't figured out by now that ESPN doesn't target your demographics, and you still tune in and watch Jamele Hill (or whatever her name is), then it's your problem.

Also, the whole TV decline thing is a pretty well known phenomenon going for many years now and tracked by Nielsen:

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/new...decline/164565
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...g-tv-audiences
    http://www.businessinsider.com/bruta...so-high-2013-1
    http://fortune.com/2017/04/03/nielsen-news-report/

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurtacular is certainly not alone with this notion that because Trump won, the country is now heavily conservative, or some like that... they can safely get their racism out of the closet, etc...
    The Spurter is an idiot.

Trump's business advisory committee fell to pieces after Charlotsville. So that means that Intel, Merck, Under Armor, etc... all made calculated public business decisions to pull to the left. A useless counsel and they purposely announced to the public they could not advise the president after the protests. So exactly what was their purpose... This obvious pull to the left is gonna cost them money Spurter? No one will buy their products because of this outrageous pandering to the left? Sure thing... So Spurter has his boycott group written down. He will now go to the store and purchase.....well....nothing.

Its business.
    Last edited by pgardn; 09-15-2017 at 08:15 AM.

I M Ultimate Badass Quadzilla99's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We are witnessing the destruction of America that will likely end badly. When black athletes and sports casters openly support racism, bigotry and political bullying against our Elected officials it has reached a dangerous and scary level.
    Lol

I M Ultimate Badass Quadzilla99's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurtacular is certainly not alone with this notion that because Trump won, the country is now heavily conservative, or some like that... they can safely get their racism out of the closet, etc...

Nothing has really changed. The left outlets are still left, the right outlets are still right... The only novelty is that we're living in the reality show everywhere era, because that sells. Even made it to the white house.

I lol @ TV shows about social media now. Like broadcasting tweets and youtube videos is really going to save TV when everybody can just check that on their phones.

TV is certainly going through reinvention right now, and exclusive rights like ESPN has for some sports is what saving their bacon right now, but it's not going to last with all the streaming .
    The whole re ed right wing conspiracy about media is hilarious. Fox News is the number one cable TV news channel and there are other conservative news channels. Same thing with Breitbart which gets huge traffic numbers just go get your news on those sources from their and stop PMSing all over the place about it.

Plus Democrats have 6 of the last 7 popular votes so there's tons of them. Yet they get triggered every time they come across a left wing take or perspective on something

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    22 million cord cutters by end of 2017

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you want to see the most unbiased news about the US, go to some other country's news source.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you want to see the most unbiased news about the US, go to some other country's news source.
    agreed

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean unbiased like: "CBC News is the division of the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation responsible for the news gathering and production of news programs on the corporation's English-language operations, namely CBC Television, CBC Radio, CBC News Network, and CBC.ca. Founded in 1941, CBC News is the largest news broadcaster in Canada and has local, regional and national broadcasts and stations" (wikipedia) and their coverage of US elections:

or

Last edited by rmt; 09-15-2017 at 11:46 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ A mix of different countries is always best... then again, if you're only about reading to reinforce your opinion, you can do that with US outlets, tbh...

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    There is no such thing as an unbiased news organization.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well DMC did say 'most unbiased' not 'completely unbiased'...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess this is Canada's version of PBS - if this is what Canadians are listening to, no wonder my Canadian relatives hate him so and really got on my case. I felt like I was under attack at the family dinner when my brother (who is a Clinton fan) told them I'd been to a Trump rally (this was before the election).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 2 videos sound like CNN and Rachel Maddow. What is with these women? I almost feel sorry for the male broadcasters (especially when she mentioned Hitler).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess this is Canada's version of PBS - if this is what Canadians are listening to, no wonder my Canadian relatives hate him so and really got on my case. I felt like I was under attack at the family dinner when my brother (who is a Clinton fan) told them I'd been to a Trump rally (this was before the election).
    I was in Toronto two weeks ago, and can confirm there's more than 1 news channel there... people actually do have channel up and down buttons on their remote and get to choose what to watch too.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would you assume everyone in Canada watches their version of a news network that practically no one watches here?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would you assume everyone in Canada watches their version of a news network that practically no one watches here?
    I don't know if it is (that's why I said that I GUESS) - the original youtube says they're "Canada's Public Broadcaster" but wikipedia says "CBC News is the largest news broadcaster in Canada and has local, regional and national broadcasts and stations"

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the sperm shielders pretending that Schilling/Hill aren't comparable, well we can go with a much more egregious contrast of Cohn/Hill.

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/e...le-hill-slide/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know if it is (that's why I said that I GUESS) - the original youtube says they're "Canada's Public Broadcaster" but wikipedia says "CBC News is the largest news broadcaster in Canada and has local, regional and national broadcasts and stations"
    It's definitely Canada's most popular network. My post was more of a knock on PBS, though I prefer it over other news.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the sperm shielders pretending that Schilling/Hill aren't comparable, well we can go with a much more egregious contrast of Cohn/Hill.

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/e...le-hill-slide/
    How long before you're not losing sleep over this anymore?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How long before you're not losing sleep over this anymore?
    You don't move the needle, bro.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean unbiased like: "CBC News is the division of the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation responsible for the news gathering and production of news programs on the corporation's English-language operations, namely CBC Television, CBC Radio, CBC News Network, and CBC.ca. Founded in 1941, CBC News is the largest news broadcaster in Canada and has local, regional and national broadcasts and stations" (wikipedia) and their coverage of US elections:

or

Yes, that's what I meant exactly. CBC is the only "outside of the US" new source in the entire world. I mean, it's really a simple thing. It's like getting an impartial jury by going outside the state to find people who don't know the hype surrounding the story, or how you'd get an outside consultant to tell you problems within your organization. Self interest keeps people from even giving a about truth. Strip the reward for lying and you get more truth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just want to say, cultural norms should be shattered. I don't care about trans restrooms, but in general cultural norms put people in a state of "mind lock" in which they assume their presently-constructed reality is the only valid form of existence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just want to say, cultural norms should be shattered. I don't care about trans restrooms, but in general cultural norms put people in a state of "mind lock" in which they assume their presently-constructed reality is the only valid form of existence.
    So you're saying it should be a cultural norm to shatter cultural norms.

Thread Information