Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From what I'm hearing, I'm Play now in 2k19, you have to play with different teams to move up.... How true is This? I only ever play with the Spurs every game.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Played the NBA Live Demo, I don't care much for modern NBA video games, the whole momentum of movement might be more realistic but takes away from the fun, for me at least.

But Manu is still on the Spurs in Live and I found a fun lineup I wished we got to see this year,

LA
    Gay
    Marco or Lonnie
    Demar
    Manu

3 stars and a sun
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I tried to play MyLeague in 2K. Even though I chose the updated line up, how come Kawhi and Danny are still in SA instead of Demar and Poetl?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Played the NBA Live Demo, I don't care much for modern NBA video games, the whole momentum of movement might be more realistic but takes away from the fun, for me at least.

But Manu is still on the Spurs in Live and I found a fun lineup I wished we got to see this year,

LA
    Gay
    Marco or Lonnie
    Demar
    Manu
    Idk how but on my nbalive19, they took Many off the game. He was on the bench, but now he's gone. : (

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's tough at first to get used to the new squad. My current lineups right now are..

Starters: Murray-belinelli-derozan-gay-aldridge

Bench: mills-forbes-walker-bertans-gasol

My 3rd lineup: murray-walker-derozan-gay-aldridge

4th:derozan-belinelli-gay-aldridge-gasol

I'm still experimenting with all kinds of lineups. It's been tough to consistently run an effective offense. For the most part i'm posting up with LMA and running pick and rolls with derozan/LMA. Murray is great on D but can't knock down . Beli only consistently hits treys in the corner. Rudy can hit the occasional 3 and mid range and is great in transition. I use the pace/flow/swing/horns set/floppy freelance motions. The spurs also have some good plays in their playbook. It's a whole new squad to get used to but i'm sure eventually i'll get used to everyone's tendencies and fully optimize their skill sets. I saved a game clip earlier i'll probably post it to show you guys how i'm using the team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my starters are Murry, Derozan, Walker, Bertans Aldridge. Off the bench is Gasol, Gay, Bellineli, Mills, and Cunningham.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been weaving starters in and out instead of block rotations. Start the classic 5 but immediately pull out Gasol move lma up to the 5 bring bertans in. This is flexible. Say lma pulls a early foul or derozan is hotter than lma, leave Gasol and pull lma for bertans.

Then weave lineups with one starter and filler till the end of the 4th quarter when you bring all 5 starters back to close out.

Mills
    Forbes
    Gay
    Bertans
    Potel

Murray
    Mills
    Belinelli
    Cunningham
    Gasol

Forbes
    White
    Walker
    Lma
    Potel

Murray
    Derozan
    Walker
    Cunningham
    Potel

Lineups like that. Let each starter feast and rotate out the top four players so one is on the court at all times.

If it's a good team, team up Gay and gasol at the same time and then bring in lma DeRozan or something like that, doubling the starter level talent on the court at the same time against tougher opponents

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Players who are assigned to guard an offensive player who hasn't crossed half court will just stand in limbo without picking up another player. Too many times this leads to backdoor cuts or wide-open three-point shots. In this instance, the free defensive player would pick up an open shooter or at least fall back toward the lane to ensure there isn't a free runner to the basket.

That doesn't happen in NBA Live 19.

lolololol
    The transition AI has been piss poor on 2K for the last 4 or 5 years. It really can be aggravating overall and is something they need to address.

Yet, they have a lot of great additions in the offensive AI and defensively as well. Both series have holes they need to fill & fix but 2K holds the crown in depth, immersion and overall polish.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I will say, the 98 Spurs are much better this year! I've been dominating with the twin towers online. (They're a Tier 3 historic team, which you unlock after ranking up once.)

Overall I'm having much more success online than the last few years. I think they made this one less noob-friendly, which is good. There's less bull for ty players to exploit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm having a love hate feeling about 2k19... It's better than Nbalive19 after playing both for a couple days. But like someone said, the Spurs suck on here. I miss so many shots, wide open or not. Layups too!! Idk if it's at the top of the release or what

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm having a love hate feeling about 2k19... It's better than Nbalive19 after playing both for a couple days. But like someone said, the Spurs suck on here. I miss so many shots, wide open or not. Layups too!! Idk if it's at the top of the release or what
    i had 4 loses in a row and since then i am on a 10 game W streak. It's gotten too easy. Rudy Gay of the bench is unstoppable on the PF. I had to lower my sliders on shooting cause I was shooting 65% every game. The AI defense is a little better than last year but still nothing special. To me the game looks like 2k17 3.0. They should really not be selling this for more than 20 bucks. Also 2k and their microtransactions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills an Marco is trash on 2k19.... But I love Pothel or whateva his name is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2k... It's better than Nbalive
    Said everyone, ever.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What classic Spurs teams are on 2k19? Worth buying? I have 2k14.

Also, hi all, I didn't even realize this was my first post. I've been creeping for a while I guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Also, hi all, I didn't even realize this was my first post. I've been creeping for a while I guess.
    '97-98 and '04-05 I bought 2k14 just so I can play with that squad, but they're not on 18 or 19.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

i upgraded from nba 2k16, it's pretty fun. i dont play myplayer though, only play now online

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I simply can't use DDR in 2K19, I guess it will be the same IRL, TBH...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What classic Spurs teams are on 2k19?
    '98, '05, and All-time Spurs.

The '98 team should be '99, why the did they choose '98? The '05 team is missing Mohammad and Nesterovic, so there's no size or depth. The all-time team is sweet, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I simply can't use DDR in 2K19, I guess it will be the same IRL, TBH...
    It's crazy cuz I can't use him either. I play Damn good defense but I can't score for ... I can't get the shot releases down, nor the layups. DDR mid range is 90 wide open or covered, but I miss so many wide open. I try to release at the top of jump, but get late releases. I almost wanna go back to nbalive19 since I miss so many shots. Patty an Marco sucks

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Belinelli is trash. He's slow, can't cross anyone and also can't play defense. Mills on the other hand is great for me. I am averaging 18ppg with him and he plays like 20min a game. Derozan has also been pretty good for me. His athleticism helps alot when i get past the defender and he pretty much dunks over anybody.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That all time team brings a tear to my eye.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar is solid in 2K, learn to use him folks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar is solid in 2K, learn to use him folks.
    I learned how to shoot last night an made people quit. The shooting is so simple. I was over thinking the release. I was tryna wait till he get to the top then release. It's releasing by the time he reach the top. Once I figured that out, now for the contested layups to master.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can win with that spurs roster all day long you just have yo do a lot of time management. 8-2 right now on 2k19

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That spurs team sucks on 2k. I don't know who you guys are playing against, but around my way everyone plays with the Lakers or GS. Now we know the Lakers aren't gonna be good in real life, but on that game damn near everyone on that team are hitting 3s. They even got Javele mcgree like Wilt on the block. is ridiculous. This spurs team is just slow. With no consistent shooters. All you have to do is leave Murray open and double with the guy guarding him. Cunningham may be the worst player on all of 2k. He seriously can't do anything.

Thread Information