Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell me again how huge Benghazi was...
    I was never into the Benghazi hysteria but feel free to check.

I was actually referring to simple math. Would you rather get a $4000 tax refund, or get $100 more per week on your paycheck and no tax refund?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tell me again how huge Benghazi was...
    BTW, I thought the Benghazi "blame it on the internet movie" story was total bull and insulting, but I didn't particularly think the attack was hillary's fault either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So how many trillions does this rousing success add to the deficit?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. The refund is just a metric of how close you got to estimating your ultimate tax bill. (expected-actual) in a perfect world.

That is why this own goal is so funny. The rollout sucked monkey balls, and failed to hammer home "you need to do more withholding you idiot".

People may end up with a bit more money overall, but will be hit with some cash flow crunches.
    So you'd rather they end up with less money? And it is Trump's fault that they can't estimate their withholding properly?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    11 Million Taxpayers Are About To Get Screwed Because Of Trump’s Tax Law

the Trump-GOP tax law’s $10,000 cap on state and local deductions could

prevent 10.9 million taxpayers from deducting over $320 billion in their tax filings.

Those who have claimed more than $10,000 in SALT deductions in the past may still be seeing a reduction in their tax liability under Trump’s tax law.

Some taxpayers are likely to have their limit on SALT deductions more than offset by the 2017 tax law’s lower tax rates and larger child tax credit.

And some taxpayers had their SALT deduction limited in the past by the alternative minimum tax but won’t be paying that tax under the new tax law.

in some cases, taxpayers are seeing an increase in their taxes largely because of the SALT deduction cap.

Politicians on both sides of the aisle in high-tax states such as

New York, New Jersey and California

have been arguing that the cap disproportionately hurts their residents.

https://www.politicususa.com/2019/02...iticus+USA+%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    11 Million Taxpayers Are About To Get Screwed Because Of Trump’s Tax Law

the Trump-GOP tax law’s $10,000 cap on state and local deductions could

prevent 10.9 million taxpayers from deducting over $320 billion in their tax filings.

Those who have claimed more than $10,000 in SALT deductions in the past may still be seeing a reduction in their tax liability under Trump’s tax law.

Some taxpayers are likely to have their limit on SALT deductions more than offset by the 2017 tax law’s lower tax rates and larger child tax credit.

And some taxpayers had their SALT deduction limited in the past by the alternative minimum tax but won’t be paying that tax under the new tax law.

in some cases, taxpayers are seeing an increase in their taxes largely because of the SALT deduction cap.

Politicians on both sides of the aisle in high-tax states such as

New York, New Jersey and California

have been arguing that the cap disproportionately hurts their residents.

https://www.politicususa.com/2019/02...iticus+USA+%29

Why the sympathy for those high earning people, bou? Shouldn't $10k be enough in state/local deductions? Shouldn't your desire be that they should buy smaller houses?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why the sympathy for those high earning people, bou? Shouldn't $10k be enough in state/local deductions? Shouldn't your desire be that they should buy smaller houses?
    enough or not enough, capping was political sadism aimed at blue state, not a fiscal/budget move

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    enough or not enough, capping was political sadism aimed at blue state, not a fiscal/budget move
    Be consistent, bou, you should be wanting to stick it to those high earners (blue or red state).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Be consistent, bou, you should be wanting to stick it to those high earners (blue or red state).
    apart from the taxes, why should property owners be taxed twice on their properties?

are you bothered by the 1000s of hyper-complex loopholes, eg "carried interest", that BigCorp (eg Amazon, Apple, Google, etc) benefit from?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    apart from the taxes, why should property owners be taxed twice on their properties?

are you bothered by the 1000s of hyper-complex loopholes, eg "carried interest", that BigCorp (eg Amazon, Apple, Google, etc) benefit from?
    Poor bou, reduced to sympathizing with property owners. You do realize that this applies to RESIDENCES, right? - so your line should be they don't need to live in such big houses. Property tax for investment RE is still fully deductible.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poor bou, reduced to sympathizing with property owners. You do realize that this applies to RESIDENCES, right? - so your line should be they don't need to live in such big houses. Property tax for investment RE is still fully deductible.
    so the Repugs screwed (blue) wealthy individuals in their homes, but left Capitalists and their $100Bs in commercial rentier capitalism r/e untouched.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paying 5k more in taxes. Lol tax cut

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was never into the Benghazi hysteria but feel free to check.

I was actually referring to simple math. Would you rather get a $4000 tax refund, or get $100 more per week on your paycheck and no tax refund?
    Dude, you were balls deep in that thread about Behghazi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you'd rather they end up with less money? And it is Trump's fault that they can't estimate their withholding properly?
    Already addressed. His administration, his policy, his law. His responsibility to make it plain. Even people who looked up the guides got it wrong, because the guides were wrong.

Yet another example of why we could use a simple flat tax. Our code is too complicated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you'd rather they end up with less money?
    I would rather the country not have routine billion dollar budget deficits by borrowing money from China so that rich people can ing buy a 4th goddamn house.

The wits who think this tax cut will "pay for itself" need to be punched in the face. Repeatedly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5...b0e1f77651b412

His tax cut redistributed 100s of billions to the wealthy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump’s own economists now agree: The GOP tax cuts are a failure

Trump’s hand-picked Federal Reserve chairman and White House economic advisers admitted this week that the Republican tax cuts are failing to deliver the economic growth the president promised.

Trump went as far as to claiming the cuts might lead to a GDP growth of 6 percent.

Trump’s White House Council of Economic Advisers (CEA) released an analysis in 2017showing that slashing corporate taxes by 15 percent would lead to GDP growth of 3 to 5 percent.

On Tuesday, the CEA released a revised report showing that the economic gains will fall far short of their initial forecast.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/03/tru...e+Raw+Story%29

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tax breaks are the real problem and are what REALLY need to be cut. Nobody should be able to claim more than 25% of their gross income in a year in tax breaks/itemized deductions. Same goes for businesses.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only 20% of Trump's tax cut trickled down. The rest went to stock buybacks which help the bottom line of corporations. You remember them? The guys financing Washington...but keep arguing about lib s and wingnuts

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    Only 20% of Trump's tax cut trickled down. The rest went to stock buybacks which help the bottom line of corporations. You remember them? The guys financing Washington...but keep arguing about lib s and wingnuts
    Unrelated, but Do you still think that posting here has an impact on the real world like you used to think? What policies has your spurstalk alter ego impacted so far?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unrelated, but Do you still think that posting here has an impact on the real world like you used to think? What policies has your spurstalk alter ego impacted so far?
    Cartharsis.

He punched the air and it felt great.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pentagon Spending Is a Poor Job Creator

The Trump administration touts weapon spending as the best way to bolster the American economy. It’s not.

Against strong evidence to the contrary, the Trump administration is touting weapons spending as the best way to bolster the American economy.

Their persistence in doing so has more to do with an unwillingness to invest in other forms of job creation than it does with the economic benefits of Pentagon expenditures.

Peter Navarro, President Trump’s chief advisor on trade and economic matters, from taking to the pages of the
    New York Times to praise arms production as a boon to employment in advance of Trump’s visit to an Army tank plant in Lima, Ohio.

Trump and Navarro fail to acknowledge that virtually any other use of the same funds would create more jobs.

Studies by economists at the University of Massachusetts have demonstrated that

spending on infrastructure,

clean energy, or

education

would create one and one-half to two times as many jobs per dollar spent

than throwing more money at the Pentagon.

there is strong evidence to suggest that the military buildup of recent years has cost the US economy more jobs than it has created.

Much of the Pentagon’s budget is wasted on duplicative bureaucracy, cost overruns, and corporate excess.

the Pentagon’s Defense Business Board determined that the Pentagon could save
    $125 billion over five years just by cutting bureaucratic overhead.

And the Department of Defense employs
    over 600,000 private contractors, many of whom are redundant, performing tasks that overlap with that can be done more cheaply by civilian government personnel.

Tens of billions could be
    saved by trimming this private contractor work force to “only” half a million people.

much of the money that goes to weapons makers like Lockheed Martin–which devoured
    $50 billion in taxpayer funding in one recent year–

goes to highly paid executives, not assembly line workers.

the CEO’s of the top six weapons makers total over
    $100 million.

Trump’s much ballyhooed infrastructure plan has vanished into thin air.

Investments in clean energy technologies and practices have been under attack,

despite the fact that they could create good jobs

https://www.thenation.com/article/pe...r-job-creator/

US military is a huge ripoff SCAM, while destroying countries, killing 100Ks of foreigners, and of course wasting American bodies, minds, lives

Last edited by boutons_deux; 03-22-2019 at 04:37 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    Cartharsis.

He punched the air and it felt great.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Taxpayers Are Very Confused

Fewer returns are in, traffic to the IRS website is up, and everyone’s complaining about refunds.

, the evidence suggests they are very, very confused.

Usually, about 85 percent of households file their returns from late January to mid-April.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/03/tax-cuts-and-jobs-act-confusing-taxpayers/585907/

I needs six for my fix. UnWantedTheory's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Taxpayers Are Very Confused

Fewer returns are in, traffic to the IRS website is up, and everyone’s complaining about refunds.

, the evidence suggests they are very, very confused.

Usually, about 85 percent of households file their returns from late January to mid-April.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/03/tax-cuts-and-jobs-act-confusing-taxpayers/585907/

Now people are seeing how little of an affect, if any at all, it had for the average Joe. But hey, despite already low unemployment, big corps needed the money for jobs.

Thread Information