Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash the tax cheat / business failure gonna pay for his own tax cut behind the LIE of millions of poor people cheating the safety net

‘Big attack on working people’:

Trump moves to redefine poverty in order to slash social programs and services for millions

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/05/big-attack-on-working-people-trump-moves-to-redefine-poverty-in-order-to-slash-social-programs-and-services-for-millions/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Tax Cut Kills 23,000 Jobs At AT&T As Calls Grow For Investigation

Republicans promised jobs and investment from tax cuts, instead, workers are getting laid off

Verizon, GM, and Wells Fargo were three companies among many who took the tax cut and then laid off workers.

One common outcome has been that companies have slashed investment, paid down debt, or bought back stock.

They haven’t reinvested the money, created more jobs, or increased wages. It is time for Congress to investigate where the money is going.

Trump and the Republicans promised that the tax cut would be great for workers, but the prosperity has never arrived.

The rich have gotten richer and everyone else has gotten the shaft.

https://www.politicususa.com/2019/05/15/trump-tax-cut-kills-23000-jobs-at-att-as-calls-grow-for-investigation.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_mediu m=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+politicususa%2FfJAl+%2 8Politicus+USA+%29

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In 2017, AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson campaigned for Trump's massive tax-cuts by promising that they would create 7,000 jobs with the $3,000,000,000 they stood to gain, as well as investing in new infrastructure: instead, the company has reduced its headcount by 23,328 workers (6,000 in the first three months of 2019!) while reducing capital expenditures by $1.4B (AT&T reduced capex by another $900m in Q1/2019).

AT&T substantially increased executive bonuses over the same period.
    https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...-jobs-instead/

via: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/14/ca...ashed-too.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Voters In Trump Country Admit The GOP Tax Scam Didn’t Help Them At All

it appears voters in Trump country don’t think this president and his party give a damn about them.

At a town hall event in a Pennsylvania county that Donald Trump easily carried in 2016,

a crowd of attendees laughed when they were asked about the Trump-GOP tax scam.

“Did anybody here benefit from the tax cut?”

Many in the crowd either laughed or shouted, “No!”

https://www.politicususa.com/2019/05/16/voters-in-trump-country-admit-the-gop-tax-scam-didnt-help-them-at-all.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm _campaign=Feed%3A+politicususa%2FfJAl+%28Politicus +USA+%29

Last edited by boutons_deux; 05-16-2019 at 08:10 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Low-Income College Students Are Being Taxed Like Trust-Fund Babies

A little-noticed provision in President Trump’s sprawling new tax law is

treating middle- and low-income college students as if they are trust-fund babies,

taxing sizable financial aid packages at a rate first established 33 years ago to prevent wealthy parents from funneling money to their children to lower their tax burdens.

the provision, which drastically raised the tax rate on so-called unearned income for children with assets and young adults in school.

Students with large financial aid packages are finding

their nontuition assistance for items such as room and board

taxed by as much as 37 percent,

even if their family income tax rates are much lower.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/17/u...increases.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruce Bartlett is salty

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah... Time to tax them until they squeal, and give the IRS some teeth. Seriously, these guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Voters In Trump Country Admit The GOP Tax Scam Didn’t Help Them At All

it appears voters in Trump country don’t think this president and his party give a damn about them.

At a town hall event in a Pennsylvania county that Donald Trump easily carried in 2016,

a crowd of attendees laughed when they were asked about the Trump-GOP tax scam.

“Did anybody here benefit from the tax cut?”

Many in the crowd either laughed or shouted, “No!”

https://www.politicususa.com/2019/05/16/voters-in-trump-country-admit-the-gop-tax-scam-didnt-help-them-at-all.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm _campaign=Feed%3A+politicususa%2FfJAl+%28Politicus +USA+%29

This is the kind of I think of when people start talking about Trump DEFINITELY getting re-elected. He is going to get curb-stomped if he hasn't been impeached and removed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Corporate tax revenue under the GOP tax bill came in 31% below predictions, and it's getting worse

The Treasury reported a 31% decline in corporate tax revenue for 2018.

Which was twice what policy planner anticipated when describing the impact of the Republican bill.

Treasury officials projected that government revenues would see a bounce in 2019.

Instead, as
    Politico reports, the numbers are still going down. In fact, they’ve declined by another 9%.

Why 2019 is looking so bad could be because 2018 was actually worse than it seems.

Those 2018 numbers might have actually been boosted as a result of companies anticipating the cut by moving deductible expenses into 2017 where they would have more impact.

Now that companies are rolling into new fiscal years, the real extent of the gift Republicans presented to them is becoming clear.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...tail=emaildkre

They absolutly knew WTF was going to happen, so Trash/Mulvaney's budget cut $Ts from SS/Medicare/Medicaid over the next decade.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/6/15/1865034/-Corporate-tax-revenue-under-the-GOP-tax-bill-came-in-31-below-predictions-and-it-s-getting-worse?detail=emaildkre

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is going to get curb-stomped if he hasn't been impeached and removed.
    McConnell would probably even refused to try Trash, so Tribe has a wonderful idea:

https://www.politicususa.com/2019/06...t-process.html

Trash stays in office, but is found guilty by the Dem House, which would be wonderful Dem campaign tactic.

but

Pelosi and most Dems won't do .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Team Trump is mulling another massive tax cut for the rich—while bypassing Congress entirely

Bloomberg reports that the White House is contemplating

a new rule or executive order changing capital gains rates to be indexed to inflation.

That would amount to a tax break of several percentage points, more than 80% of which would go to the top 1%.

The last Republican administration contemplated doing the same thing, but determined they couldn't legally get away with it.

Always Catastrophically Wrong Man Larry Kudlow is pushing for the change using the same promises of supposed "economic growth" that the previous tax cuts for the wealthy were supposed bring about, and

Bloomberg reports that Trump himself is "deeply invested" in pushing it through.

Why should capital gains on things like stock portfolios be indexed to inflation,

even as Republicans insist that other rates affecting poorer Americans not be?

Because screw you,

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This vital indicator has been a reliable foreteller of the last 7 recessions — and it shows another one is coming

Among economists and financial advisors, the term “yield curve inversion” or “inverted yield curve” is used

when long-term interest rates become lower than short-term interest rates for treasury bonds or certificates of deposit.

An inverted yield curve can signal that a recession might be on its way

the yield curve in the U.S. had
    remained inverted for three months.

“From the 1960s,” Harvey told NPR, “this indicator has been reliable in terms of foretelling a recession — and also importantly, it has not given any false signals yet.”

, indicates that one is coming. And it could arrive sometime within the next nine to 18 months.

the economy looks good right now,

but the yield curve is about the future,” Harvey told NPR.

“It captures the expectations of the broad market in terms of what might happen in the future.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/07/this-vital-indicator-has-been-a-reliable-foreteller-of-the-last-7-recessions-and-it-shows-another-one-is-coming/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=495

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buckle up: The economy is weak and getting worse — Here’s what will happen next

The Conversation has assembled a forecasting panel of

20 leading economists from 12 universities across six states.

Among them are macroeconomists, economic modellers, former Treasury, IMF, OECD and Reserve Bank officials, a former government minister and a former member of the Reserve Bank board.

this time all but two expect the bank to cut again, and most expect a growth rate closer to 2% – one of the most anaemic since the financial crisis.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/07/buckle-up-the-economy-is-weak-and-getting-worse-heres-what-will-happen-next/?utm_source=&utm_medium=em%E2%80%A6

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Team Trump is mulling another massive tax cut for the rich—while bypassing Congress entirely

Bloomberg reports that the White House is contemplating

a new rule or executive order changing capital gains rates to be indexed to inflation.

That would amount to a tax break of several percentage points, more than 80% of which would go to the top 1%.

The last Republican administration contemplated doing the same thing, but determined they couldn't legally get away with it.

Always Catastrophically Wrong Man Larry Kudlow is pushing for the change using the same promises of supposed "economic growth" that the previous tax cuts for the wealthy were supposed bring about, and

Bloomberg reports that Trump himself is "deeply invested" in pushing it through.

Why should capital gains on things like stock portfolios be indexed to inflation,

even as Republicans insist that other rates affecting poorer Americans not be?

Because screw you,

Capital gains SHOULD be indexed to inflation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only if the minimum is doubled AND indexed to inflation

AND

SS CoL increases are not cut as Repugs plant (chained CPI)

iow, if gonna help the Capitalists, have to give Labor something

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Decline in Capital Investment Reveals the False Promise of Trump’s Tax Bill

G.D.P. report from the Commerce Department, which detailed

a sharp slowdown in capital spending by American businesses during the second quarter of this year.

In October, 2017, the White House Council of Economic Advisers published a white paper that claimed the Administration’s

proposal to slash the tax rate on corporate profits

would increase the average household income by at least four thousand dollars a year, and perhaps as much as nine thousand dollars.

Kevin Hassett ... “I would expect capital spending to really take off if the tax bill passes,”

it allowed businesses to deduct the cost of certain types of capital spending all at once in their tax returns rather than spreading the cost throughout a number of years.

The upturn in business investment during the first half of last year was by no means unprecedented,

but it did represent an increase on the previous few years.

However, it was fleeting.

In the second half of last year,

the growth in business investment fell sharply, and the slowdown has continued into 2019.

some businesses appear to be cutting back on their capital spending rather than increasing it.

turn negative

Residential investment, which is usually considered as a separate category, fell as well.

None of this was predicted in the White House script.

taking a longer-term perspective,

there is little sign of the broad-based investment boom that the Trump Administration was predicting,

or of the surge in household income that was supposed to accompany it.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-c...rumps-tax-bill

So Trash and his so-called TeeVee economists were either

beautifully ignorant of economics

or

lying

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But of course, raising taxes would cause the economy to boom!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the economy boomed in the 1950s with high taxes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Capitalists' hate/propaganda machine, for decades, has LIED that taxes are "lost money", ie, you pay tax, and you never get anything back.

Other industrial countries have higher taxes, less inequality, less life-style diseases, and better quality of life than comparative barbarian USA, which is "exception"ally bad.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 07-31-2019 at 09:12 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The US was pretty much the only advanced economy in the world that hadn't been blown to in WWII.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey CosmicCowboy, you called Rep. Omar and Pav Jew haters in another thread the ran away when I asked you to pull a quote.

Got any?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey CosmicCowboy, you called Rep. Omar and Pav Jew haters in another thread the ran away when I asked you to pull a quote.

Got any?
    i didn't run away. I ignored you. the quotes were news headlines at the time. She only "apologized" because of the blowback. It was pretty clear her original statements reflected her true feelings.

How exactly is “Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel.” not anti-semitic?
    Last edited by CosmicCowboy; 07-31-2019 at 09:53 AM.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the 90's...

And during the Obama administration...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the 90's...

And during the Obama administration...
    And now, at least in Texas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i didn't run away. I ignored you. the quotes were news headlines at the time. She only "apologized" because of the blowback. It was pretty clear her original statements reflected her true feelings.
    You're content to wave your hands and you stil refuse to back up your own BS. Pure PFA.

Classic CC.

Thread Information