Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Involves several high profile programs, as well as execs from agents, handlers, and Adidas.

Read through everything involving Arizona's Book Richardson and it sounds like he took money to first influence players to the handlers, agents, and shoe companies, and then to influence a singular recruit's mom to be OK with son committing to Arizona.

Not sure it impacts current Preseason #1 squad, but my guess is it does.

Ultimately Pitino and Louisville are ed. $100K to Brian Bowen's family with the Adidas influence.

Not sure what it means for most schools, since the investigation is about pay for play and untaxed income.

My Team
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Post Count
    The talk where I'm from is that Auburn is ed. Great news, tbh.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The talk where I'm from is that Auburn is ed. Great news, tbh.
    Chuck Person appears to be involved.

Some of these NBA guys apparently did not save their earnings. Taking small money from these rinky-dink agents and shoe guys. This investigation was carried out without the knowledge of the NCAA. If the FBI is handling it, has to be widespread.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Word is the government is after the shoe companies.

Coaches are leverage.
    Last edited by JMarkJohns; 09-26-2017 at 11:08 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Word is the government is after the shoe companies.

Coaches are leverage.
    Oh the NCAA will leverage them and their schools.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Unless otherwise stated, many schools and head coaches have been named as "victims" in the FBI investigation.

Unless proven otherwise, NCAA won't have much leverage against the federal governments verdict of innocence or victim status to go after some of the schools.

Now, I'm hearing a certain school with a history of head coach getting quickies in restaurant bathrooms and who recently hired hookers for recruits, they maybe be a sacrificial lamb. Maybe soon. Maybe tomorrow.

But some are pretty safe for now.

Not sure if Arizona is yet, but they aren't retaining counsel and have already spoken with the Feds today. Other schools are already lawyering up. USC chief among them.

Word today is that Pitino expects to be fired, along with the AD. Guess he ran out of excuses.

My Team
    St. Mary's Rattlers
    Post Count
    Word today is that Pitino expects to be fired, along with the AD. Guess he ran out of excuses.
    such a dirty slimy coach.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'm wondering how many college coaches are sweating this? Probably more than we think.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Mississippi State Bulldogs
    Post Count
    I'm wondering how many college coaches are sweating this?
    This.

Can't even imagine how long that list is.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Holy the scope of this...

This is what I have been told:

If the program has a McD AA caliber player in the last few decades, the program is involved. Nike AAU was just subpoenaed and Under Armor is next.

This isn't going to end well for anyone.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    explains sec recent basketball rise & recruiting.........................

My Team
    St. Mary's Rattlers
    Post Count
    Lets see if the Little General will be involved...

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Ok, so, ongoing clarification:

The program being involved means they will be named, linked, coaches named, linked, arrested (possibly).

It doesn't "necessarily" mean they "knew" or are "to blame", but they all are involved.

Already hearing links to UNC, and Cal and Kentucky barely hide it.

Heard Bland from USC is cutting a deal to sing, and that UCLA, a former Adodas school that pulled lots of big names with taint very often and very late in the process from all over the country is a possible target.

Sonny Vaccaro is already singing tunes for anyone who will hear about Nike, AAU, and college programs and HOF coaches.

Kansas is mother Adidas school that always pulls out the top recruit like Josh Jackson, Wiggins, Cliff Alexander, Josh Selby... Darrell Arthur (who was long linked to Texas and then magically woke up and shocked the world with slelection of Kansas).

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Byrne is their new AD, and Arizona's old AD after he was Mississippi State's old AD, the latter two linked to questionable .

I'd say it's likely.

Ferguson had his hands out the whole time. One time Bama commit. First big one for Avery.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    , Alabama Basketball admin linked to FBI probe resigns.

And Miami is totally ed. Linked to Walker and Nassir Little, both linked to big dollars. Now under FBI investigation.

And you can bet these people won't go down without dragging the big names under.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'm wondering how many college coaches are sweating this? Probably more than we think.

This will be very interesting.
    The schools are going to rid themselves of assistants involved. But the head coaches... Let's see who fights and who goes down silently.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It appears that the NCAA will come majestically and morally swooping out of the sky to feed on the carcasses of those laid slaughtered by the FBI if the maggots (athletic dept. and their schools) don't clean up the mess. Other sources of high morality protein will just commit suicide given the press they get.

So are the lessons to be learned: (feel free to add or not)

1. The NCAA and member schools are just fat cats giving the actors (kids and families) a stage to play on and predators (shoe and apparel companies)saw this fat laden food just there for the taking. Oh how the Ball family with the Big Balls tried to teach us...

2. We the people, who watch these games thinking these kids somehow represent our school's relevance, feed the monster by buying said shoes and watching advertising of this grand act.

3. We need to have minor league basketball, like baseball, in which there is no mistaking the actors intentions; the possibly bigger stage with higher salaries (NBA) is the destination. And no one will watch unless they live in Europe. D league, how do you fit in....

4. Players need to be payed on the college level and we the people still watch, pretending the actors really love our school (fully knowing that the actors are really never a true student feeling the true student experience)

I am left in a state of rationalizing the rotting essence of the whole thing; Which I feel I have done for my entire life, and I blame my dad for. UT is the biggest bestest school dad. And now on to football.
    Last edited by pgardn; 09-29-2017 at 08:43 AM.

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Let it burn

My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    Like I said previous, appears their basketball program wasn’ connected. Prize recruit Colin Sexton ineligible.

Thread Information