Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, I bought a console specifically to play this game and damn, what a ing letdown. This game is boring as . Impressive world and graphics but other than that the world feels boring and empty. Boring and repe ive missions. Zero creativity. Wow. What a fest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, I bought a console specifically to play this game and damn, what a ing letdown. This game is boring as . Impressive world and graphics but other than that the world feels boring and empty. Boring and repe ive missions. Zero creativity. Wow. What a fest.
    Just play GOW. GOAT Combat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    was about to start playing RDR2 tonight (fortunately i had the foresight to install this over a week ago, took forever )... i've been operating under the assumption that it's going to be impossible to disappoint. the reviews/acclaim its gotten are off the charts, and rockstar has been a reliable producer of great content.

i've never played the predecessor games (red dead revolver/redemption), but from what i've seen its the same general game design as the GTA series and they use the same engine. hopefully RD2191 is just being a got as usual

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and rd i mean that with all due respect my dude

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    was about to start playing RDR2 tonight (fortunately i had the foresight to install this over a week ago, took forever )... i've been operating under the assumption that it's going to be impossible to disappoint. the reviews/acclaim its gotten are off the charts, and rockstar has been a reliable producer of great content.

i've never played the predecessor games (red dead revolver/redemption), but from what i've seen its the same general game design as the GTA series and they use the same engine. hopefully RD2191 is just being a got as usual
    It's trash bro. Just like your post tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He is. The game is cram packed with content and has a dynamic world with tons of random happening at all times. It's anything but boring.

The only negative thing I can think of is that the shooting itself takes a little playing with to get used to (same as any Rockstar game). And the online play (which I won't do) is crap from what I hear.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Check the USER reviews on metacritic tbh. Don't fall for the hype. This is more of an interactive movie than a game imo tbh FWIW

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll probably pick it up this weekend tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Check the USER reviews on metacritic tbh. Don't fall for the hype. This is more of an interactive movie than a game imo tbh FWIW
    brah thats some peanut butter level analysis

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wonder what's higher... your love for this game, bb's love for bloodborne, or SFS's love for beats

i have god of war and plan to play it next after RDR2. game looks great from the footage i've seen. i was a big fan of the god of war series before this release. while those were pretty much button-mashers, they were incredibly fun.

read that you think the combat in this game is next level advanced though. is it really that different than the original trilogy (i dont count spinoffs tbh)? i get that you get the leviathon axe instead of the blades of chaos or whatever, but is it really that nuanced and less mashy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    brah thats some peanut butter level analysis
    Just don't say I didn't warn you. I wanted to love this game, I really did. I bought a PS3 just to play RDR and I bought a PS4 just to play RDR2, that'll show you how much I wanted to love this game. Trust me, you'll more than likely be disappointed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just don't say I didn't warn you. I wanted to love this game, I really did. I bought a PS3 just to play RDR and I bought a PS4 just to play RDR2, that'll show you how much I wanted to love this game. Trust me, you'll more than likely be disappointed.
    that sucks to hear man. but i'd never buy a console for a single game

theres a ton of good content that you can get for cheap on either of those consoles. i gotta thank bb for giving me a ton of referrals when i was leaning towards buying a ps4. got a lot of ridiculous deals during the black friday stuff

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll probably pick it up this weekend tbh
    Get it today or tomorrow while it's on sale for $30 at Gamestop tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL I bought a Switch just for Mario Odyssey. Thankfully it's an amazing game. What's really funny is the main reason I bought a PS4 in 2016 was the God of War intro from E3 2016.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 12-17-2018 at 07:05 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bloodborne Complete Edition bro. Minimal cutscenes, all action.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/...OODBORNECOMPLE

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You have a PS3 right? Then RDR1 is a must buy. Plus RDR2 is a prequel to RDR1 so you can play RDR1 after.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get it today or tomorrow while it's on sale for $30 at Gamestop tbh
    Dang, thanks for the heads up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

theres a ton of good content that you can get for cheap on either of those consoles. i gotta thank bb for giving me a ton of referrals when i was leaning towards buying a ps4. got a lot of ridiculous deals during the black friday stuff
    Yeah, BB is coming in clutch with the deals. and tbh I have a mild obsession with the American Old West/history so to me this game was supposed to be worth it, don't get me wrong, the game is okay and the world is nice to look at but there's just not much of a GAME there imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have a PS3 right? Then RDR1 is a must buy. Plus RDR2 is a prequel to RDR1 so you can play RDR1 after.
    So I’ve heard. I also never got around to finishing new vegas before i got the PS4 so i have reason enough to go back to the ps3 eventually. But my setup kinda sucks so I’d literally have to dc my PS4 which feels like blasphemy

when im done with my current library I’ll probably do that. Can likely find rdr pretty cheap on amazon or Walmart or some .

But still gotta play rdr2, gow, horizon, Arkham city, and wana go back and play last of us on grounded and grounded+

So could be a while

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dang, thanks for the heads up.
    Also check the Playstation Store. Not for God of War (it's $40 there right now) but because they have a big Christmas sale going. They should be adding some new games tomorrow too by about 11AM (new sales / updates to long term sales always happen on Tuesday mornings). Bloodborne Complete Edition for $14 is probably the best deal right now. Witcher 3 Complete Edition for $20 is another must buy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bloodborne Complete Edition bro. Minimal cutscenes, all action.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/...OODBORNECOMPLE
    I'll have to check it out. Have you played zelda botw on switch yet? I'm thinking of picking one up but I don't want to be let down like I was with RedDead 2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My fear with bloodborne is that from what I’ve read, the learning curve can be so high that you’re really not enjoying the first several hours. And while I’m usually someone that likes playing games on hard difficulties I’ve never really played that genre before, so it’s intimidating

sometimes difficulty is well done and other times it’s just a chore

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll have to check it out. Have you played zelda botw on switch yet? I'm thinking of picking one up but I don't want to be let down like I was with RedDead 2.
    BOTW is good but I think it's the most overrated game since GTA IV (another game that got 10/10 reviews everywhere). Though I thought GTA IV was a complete piece of . You'll like BOTW if you really enjoy exploration in open world games. If you like dungeons and combat they're really lacking in BOTW. There are only five dungeons in the game. They're pretty cool but mostly puzzles with occasional combat thrown in. The climbing mechanic is unbelievably cool in BOTW. Climbing mountains and towers is far and away the best part of the game. The story is kind of crap, but you know to expect that going in on a Zelda game. I do have to admit the art style looks amazing.

The real crown jewel of the Switch is Super Mario Odyssey. It's one of the most creative games I have ever played with the possession mechanic, it's beautiful graphically, and the 2D areas are great. The only Mario game I have ever liked more was the original Super Mario Bros on NES. The entire New Donk City level is incredible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My fear with bloodborne is that from what I’ve read, the learning curve can be so high that you’re really not enjoying the first several hours. And while I’m usually someone that likes playing games on hard difficulties I’ve never really played that genre before, so it’s intimidating

sometimes difficulty is well done and other times it’s just a chore
    The first level is extremely difficult. Even when I was getting destroyed and wanting to throw my Dualshock through the TV I had to admit the combat was fun as . The problem with the beginning is you can't progress until finding a point of "insight". That's what allows you to start leveling up. You can find something called "Madman's knowledge" that will give you a point if you consume it or you can get a point by getting to one of the bosses even if he kills you (and he will, most bosses are way too difficult to beat on the first try unless you get lucky). Until you get that point of insight you're just spinning your wheels. And Bloodborne never tells you that you have to get that point of insight. It's the anti-Uncharted when it comes to hand holding.

Honestly at $13.99 for the complete edition, what's even the opportunity cost of buying it if it looks at all interesting? You can also get the regular edition of the game right now on PSN for $7.99, but if you buy one I highly recommend the Complete Edition since the DLC usually sells for $20 by itself and is amazing IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BOTW is good but I think it's the most overrated game since GTA IV (another game that got 10/10 reviews everywhere). Though I thought GTA IV was a complete piece of . You'll like BOTW if you really enjoy exploration in open world games. If you like dungeons and combat they're really lacking in BOTW. There are only five dungeons in the game. They're pretty cool but mostly puzzles with occasional combat thrown in. The climbing mechanic is unbelievably cool in BOTW. Climbing mountains and towers is far and away the best part of the game. The story is kind of crap, but you know to expect that going in on a Zelda game. I do have to admit the art style looks amazing.

The real crown jewel of the Switch is Super Mario Odyssey. It's one of the most creative games I have ever played with the possession mechanic, it's beautiful graphically, and the 2D areas are great. The only Mario game I have ever liked more was the original Super Mario Bros on NES. The entire New Donk City level is incredible.
    this is one of the big reasons i trust your reviews. i never completed the game, which is just about unheard of for me when it comes to console gaming. i tried twice and got bored and quit both times. sold that piece of within about a month of buying it. i was a HUGE fan of san andreas and think GTA V is one of the greatest games of all time, but found 4 unplayable.

Thread Information