Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    off. Blake. And your Blake slurping ass.

The stats improve in the playoffs across the board. When Blake hasn't been injured for the playoffs or for seasons at a time, his playoff stats get worse. Take that for data. Who's the choker? Go back to licking Griffin's butthole.
    To quote Jonathan Tjarks' brilliant rebuttal to the "muh stats" argument:

Paul is rarely lumped in the same category as guys like Carmelo Anthony and Dwight Howard, whose postseason failures have practically defined their careers. Even though both have advanced further than him in the postseason, including knocking out Paul in the process — with Carmelo beating him in 2009 and Howard doing the same in 2015 — they don't have advanced statistical résumés that make them immune from criticism. While Paul's efficiency numbers suggest he's one of the best players of all time, he's not held to that standard when it comes to judging his career. The great irony is that he's the prototypical pass-first point guard, yet his stats have bolstered his own résumé more than his team's.
    https://www.theringer.com/2017/7/31/...k-a43ade69aa3d

By the way, last time Blake was fully healthy in the playoffs, he was our best player. He averaged 25.5 PPG, 12.7 RPG and 6.1 APG. The only other player to put up a statline like that in the postseason was Oscar in 1963, and he played in a faster-paced era that inflated everyone's stats. Blake also put up more triple-doubles in that postseason than CP0 has in his entire playoff career. One of those happened in Game 7 against the Spurs. Who's the choker, indeed.

Veteran
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    What? The narrative of CP0's career has always been that you can't possibly blame him for his latest playoff failure because it's everyone else's fault.

In all my years of following this sport, I've only seen one other player make casual fans get so sensitive whenever they're even remotely criticized, and that's Michael Jordan. CP0 is no Jordan.

All these attempts to make it sound like CP0 has been treated unfairly are cringeworthy. He's been given the kid-glove treatment compared to most superstars, and he's done nothing to earn it.

I hate Doc, and I've long said that he should have been fired after the Houston series. But I'm really sick of people using Doc as an excuse for CP0 while glossing over the fact that CP0 made us hire him or he wouldn't re-sign. He's even started not-so-subtly blaming Doc, knowing full well that Media will never bring up that inconvenient fact.

Are you crazy? CP3 has done nothing to earn it? His individual profile and statistical portfolio is mind boggling . He's the reason the Hornets and the Clippers were even relevant this past decade lol. As for why we ascribe wins and losses to an individual despite all of his contributions to the contrary is beyond me

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Lmao Blake "fully healthy"

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Are you crazy? CP3 has done nothing to earn it? His individual profile and statistical portfolio is mind boggling .
    Key word: "individual." He's great at padding stats, not very good at leading teams to playoff success. This is a league where LeBron, with three rings and an active streak of seven straight Finals appearances, is nitpicked to shreds and still viewed as a "choker." Melo and Dwight, who have both led teams further in the playoffs than CP0 ever has, are seen as career losers. But a so-called superstar can't even win one second-round playoff series in his career, and he's "earned" never being criticized by Media and casual fans? What a joke.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a reason Jerry West and even Ballmer balked at giving him the 5th year..He is not that far off from terminally breaking-down, tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    came across this thread while searching for something else.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He basically called them losers:

He left 5 years $210M on the table to get away from Clippers Nation

Arturo man, first you get le 42 expiring, now you're in the WCF. You and Luz-Elena gonna make another anchor baby tonight?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Arturo man, first you get le 42 expiring, now you're in the WCF. You and Luz-Elena gonna make another anchor baby tonight?

No, ˇestaba demasiado borracho con tequila!

Thread Information