Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not like his shooting falls off a cliff in the playoffs, it actually improves; for the Spurs, he's a career 40.5% 3pt shooter in the playoffs and has a 59% tru-shooting percentage in the postseason (league average is around 54%)

He shot 13/23 (56.5%) on 3's in the '14 Finals and the following year, shot 16/28 (57% ) on 3's against the Clippers in that 7 game series.

He criticism of his contract is deserved but he is a better than average shooter on a team that values what he brings to it.
    What did he shoot vs. OKC in 16' and last year vs. the Warriors?

Rockets didn't play defense last year, and they weren't a real contender. I'm talking about real teams that play elite defense when it matters like the Durant/Westbrook Thunder and the Warriors. They shut him down, while exploiting the out of him on the defensive end.

So he shoots a higher percentage vs. 15' Clippers and 17' Grizzlies and Mike D'Antoni's Rockets... I wonder why.

And the Heat in 14', that series was so damn lopsided. Spurs did whatever they wanted to do offensively and routinely broke down the Heat's defense of old ass Rashard Lewis, James Jones, Mike Miller and Ray Allen. Wade was banged up too. It was LeBron and Bosh and a bunch of old hags vs. probably the best Spurs team ever. Mills had wide open transition look after wide open transition look as the Spurs were already routing the Heat by 15+. Mills literally just caught wide open spot up 3 after wide open spot up 3, none were off the dribble in PnRs, none were from his creating ability.

So he made wide open looks vs. the Heat when Spurs were up by 20+, not impressive.

When compe ion gets tight vs. good defenses, Mills gets shut down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are his shooting stats in other playoffs apart from his best two series (which are the only ones you mentioned). In 2014, he couldn't hit the side of a barn in the OKC series and they were also poor in 2016 against OKC too.

You kinda handpicked his two best series. What are his shooting stats in the 2014 playoffs overall and what are they overall in 2016 and 2017 playoffs? He's not worth that money and IMO he's also not that great of a shooter in the playoffs apart from a couple of good series.

That's the tru-shooting percentage was for, his 59 TS% in 1108 playoff minutes for the Spurs is ridiculous tbh.

In 2016 he shot 3/11 (27%) against OKC
    In 2014 he shot 5/19 (27%) against OKC

13-14-.405 (23 Games)

14-15-.571 (7 Games)

15-16-.361 (10 Games)

16-17-.360- (16 Games)

Career 40.2 % 3pt with the Spurs, in 73 playoffs that's pretty damn good, overall tbh,

btw, I haven't defending his contract I just pointed out that after a horrid start, he has rebounded and is having a typical Mills season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What did he shoot vs. OKC in 16' and last year vs. the Warriors?

Rockets didn't play defense last year, and they weren't a real contender. I'm talking about real teams that play elite defense when it matters like the Durant/Westbrook Thunder and the Warriors. They shut him down, while exploiting the out of him on the defensive end.

So he shoots a higher percentage vs. 15' Clippers and 17' Grizzlies and Mike D'Antoni's Rockets... I wonder why.

And the Heat in 14', that series was so damn lopsided. Spurs did whatever they wanted to do offensively and routinely broke down the Heat's defense of old ass Rashard Lewis, James Jones, Mike Miller and Ray Allen. Wade was banged up too. It was LeBron and Bosh and a bunch of old hags vs. probably the best Spurs team ever. Mills had wide open transition look after wide open transition look as the Spurs were already routing the Heat by 15+. Mills literally just caught wide open spot up 3 after wide open spot up 3, none were off the dribble in PnRs, none were from his creating ability.

So he made wide open looks vs. the Heat when Spurs were up by 20+, not impressive.

When compe ion gets tight vs. good defenses, Mills gets shut down.
    I think your moving the goal posts, tbh you can't blame him for torching mediocre to above average playoff opponents and struggling against some of the better defenses, that feels like a "Well Duh" type of thing.

On the whole he has been an excellent shooter in the playoffs, I feel like the numbers back that up pretty definitively.

Btw that 2015 Clippers team ultimately won that series because they did an much better job on defense than they . They had a defensive rating of 105 per possession (15th in the league) but they only allowed 103 points per possession which would've been sixth or seventh that year. Mills shot 16/28 from 3 that series and came up big in game 3.

He was fantastic during the final two games of that Heat series, he went 9-14 from 3 in 33 minutes during those games.

There was a play that stuck out during those games; Mills ran a high screen and roll with Splitter but Miami blitz the screen Anderson stepped up to keep him from launching from 25 feet while Chalmers (it may have been Cole) was trying to recover after running into Splitter. Mills saw Anderson and turned back and went in the opposite direction and nailed a 27 footer before either of them could get to him.

I remember the Heat's body language as the walked up the floor after that play, they defended it perfectly and Mills just buried a deep three instead of giving it up to Splitter like the blitz was intended for to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Austin Rivers ran a treadmill on Mills in the Clippers series. Basically won a game for the Clippers that way.

Mills is fools good bc as much as he give you offensively even when he's insanely hot, he will give it right back on defense. Then when he's not hot you lose. Moreover, he's not a true creator. If he's the recipient of someone else's playmaking he will make some open shots. Otherwise he's going to be chucking jumpshots while coming off a screen, not creating for teammates like he did in 2016 against OKC and 2017 GSW.

What that tells us is that he's a roleplayer with a niche role.

Hopefully Dijon continues to develop tbh. There have been games that he's been a clearly superior PG to Mills even in his current streaky and still developing season.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One game isn't the whole series you dumb .

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Austin Rivers ran a treadmill on Mills in the Clippers series. Basically won a game for the Clippers that way.

Mills is fools good bc as much as he give you offensively even when he's insanely hot, he will give it right back on defense. Then when he's not hot you lose. Moreover, he's not a true creator. If he's the recipient of someone else's playmaking he will make some open shots. Otherwise he's going to be chucking jumpshots while coming off a screen, not creating for teammates like he did in 2016 against OKC and 2017 GSW.

What that tells us is that he's a roleplayer with a niche role.

Hopefully Dijon continues to develop tbh. There have been games that he's been a clearly superior PG to Mills even in his current streaky and still developing season.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    70%TS

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meanwhile porker had the worst playoffs ever by a starting player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he looked great on offense yesterday, and not just his shooting. it was actually impressive seeing him blow by covington off the dribble a couple of times, even without a screen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fleecing us and laughing all the way to the bank ..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For a couple of largely inconsequential shots in a blowout series, this midget going to us with his contract for the next four years as cheaper versions either rot on the bench or let walk because his albatross weighing us down on both fronts..

Most overrated role player in Spurs history..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "No Pressure"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    patty got paid for one good finals quarter, like that dude from India against LA. I'm going blank right now on his name and don't want to look it up. But he actually had a good series.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    patty got paid for one good finals quarter, like that dude from India against LA. I'm going blank right now on his name and don't want to look it up. But he actually had a good series.
    India there has never been an NBA player from India.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn typo

Indiana

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking at last year's market for guards, Mills was worth no more than 3 years/24 millions..I don't think even the Sixers were offering 50 millions guaranteed for him..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills sucks in a prominent role. No way around it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    damn typo

Indiana
    I could understand people getting angry at Pop if he overpaid some random scrub from India. At this rate I think we are only a few years away from that happening

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sim Bhullar is as close as you get; his parents immigrated to Canada from India.

Pop better get a move on signing some guys before Trump only lets him draft from Norway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking at last year's market for guards, Mills was worth no more than 3 years/24 millions..I don't think even the Sixers were offering 50 millions guaranteed for him..
    No at most it was a JJ Re type deal: One season at a very bloated price, with a wink wink to reup him the other years at a lower price. It might have amounted to 50 Mills overall if the first season was as high as JJ Re ’s deal but the Spurs should have let him go at that price.

And besides the price they needed a better player at the spot. I can’t imagine how he will look when Manu retires.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What makes this worse is the emergence of Bryn Forbes like I've been saying these past two years.... he can do anything Fatty can, only better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And besides the price they needed a better player at the spot. I can’t imagine how he will look when Manu retires.
    Things are going to get ugly fast for the Aussie turd if Manu retires before Mills' contract is up. He's literally so bad that he needs a 40 year old to run the offense for him so he can chuck freely. Sad.
    Last edited by TimDunkem; 01-12-2018 at 05:30 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What makes this worse is the emergence of Bryn Forbes like I've been saying these past two years.... he can do anything Fatty can, only better.
    They knew this, but all that culture was worth 50 million in Drunkford's hazy beer-goggle eyes.

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They knew this, but all that culture was worth 50 million in Drunkford's hazy beer-goggle eyes.
    RC had to have been in some Double-Black-Imperial-IPA-aged-for-2-years-in-bourbon-casks alcoholic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He ain’t without Ginobili spoon-feeding him.

Thread Information