adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Every batter is crushing it like ing ‘98 Sosa/McGwire what a joke.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bill Miller's getting a lot of for his strike zone but if he was calling a tight zone this game would be 25-20 in the 4th inning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, the entire MLB was hitting homers like crazy this season, and even last season was recordsetting. Though I do agree; they've prolly been juicing them in the postseason for years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    World Series balls are supposedly slicker too and pitchers can't get as good of a grip on them. Darvish was getting zero movement on his slider. Giles, a slider reliant pitcher, has been wild. I don't think it gives any team an edge, since both can hit the longball and have slider reliant pitchers, but as a baseball fan, I hope Manfred comes forward and just admits something like manufacturing tolerances are tighter, resulting in tighter wound balls with lower seams (which decrease air resistance and make gripping more difficult). I don't think MLB would intentionally do it, since I doubt they'd want another scandal when the steroid scandal is still fresh. Just wouldn't make business sense. And no, the MLB was by no means "dying" and needed more dingers to draw fans.

He should also know baseball fans really don't like excessive homers. Rallies, moving the line, working counts, tactical play, manufacturing that crucial run against a lockdown closer are what's entertaining about the sport above all else.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    World Series balls are supposedly slicker too and pitchers can't get as good of a grip on them. Darvish was getting zero movement on his slider. Giles, a slider reliant pitcher, has been wild. I don't think it gives any team an edge, since both can hit the longball and have slider reliant pitchers, but as a baseball fan, I hope Manfred comes forward and just admits something like manufacturing tolerances are tighter, resulting in tighter wound balls with lower seams (which decrease air resistance and make gripping more difficult). I don't think MLB would intentionally do it, since I doubt they'd want another scandal when the steroid scandal is still fresh. Just wouldn't make business sense. And no, the MLB was by no means "dying" and need more dingers to draw fans.

He should also know baseball fans really don't like excessive homers. Rallies, moving the line, working counts, tactical play, manufacturing that crucial run against a lockdown closer are what's entertaining about the sport above all else.
    Nailed it. Didn't even think about Giles and Yu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What exactly does juicing a baseball entail?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What exactly does juicing a baseball entail?
    Tighter wound interior and lowered seams to produce longer flight. A physicist did some testing, comparing modern balls to those of 2014 and before, and found that modern balls travel about 7 feet further. Bigger issue is the lowered seams, though. Pitchers won't be able to get as much movement. Baseball fans aren't necessarily irritated by the balls being juiced, but it would've been cool for Manfred (MLB commish) to just come out and announce to the teams and players the balls are different.

The ball has changed a lot throughout baseball, so it's not some huge controversy, but transparency would've been nice. I also won't like the increased homerun rate as a baseball fan. I like the manufacturing of runs and rallies and such.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, do the balls get changed out for Game 6 or should I be getting out to Vegas and betting the over? LOL

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    The balls were changed after the Royals won the World Series in 2015. MLB got upset that a small market team could basically dominate with a loaded bullpen playing in a huge park. After that, the balls were changed and home runs gave massively increased the last two seasons.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There were 28 hits vs 28 swings and misses last night. I'd say it's more of a product of both pitching staffs being taxed and the hitters beating the cover off of the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There were 28 hits vs 28 swings and misses last night. I'd say it's more of a product of both pitching staffs being taxed and the hitters beating the cover off of the ball.
    Darvish wasn't taxed coming in, and he looked absolutely dominant against the Cubs, getting great movement with great control. Jansen barely worked in the NLCS since most of the games were blowouts. On the Houston side, I've never seen Giles, Devenski, and Keuchel look so bad. That Puig homer was also a joke, and honestly by that time, even if the Dodgers had won, it would've felt empty. The whole game just seemed manufactured, unfortunately.

I still hoping we'll get some independent testings on the WS balls and it will confirm they're legit, and we can just chalk this game to "that's baseball," but it didn't feel right. Furthermore, I don't like homer or nothing style of baseball as a fan. It'll wind up robbing the sport of the inbetween game (your contact hitting, hit and runs, base stealing, stretching bases, moving runners over, etc), just like the 3 point obsession has turned the NBA into a glorified rec league. Even some people have said last night's game felt like rec league softball.

Hope for a tight 5-4ish game tomorrow with maybe one homer, no matter who wins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darvish wasn't taxed coming in, and he looked absolutely dominant against the Cubs, getting great movement with great control. Jansen barely worked in the NLCS since most of the games were blowouts. On the Houston side, I've never seen Giles, Devenski, and Keuchel look so bad. That Puig homer was also a joke, and honestly by that time, even if the Dodgers had won, it would've felt empty. The whole game just seemed manufactured, unfortunately.

I still hoping we'll get some independent testings on the WS balls and it will confirm they're legit, and we can just chalk this game to "that's baseball," but it didn't feel right. Furthermore, I don't like homer or nothing style of baseball as a fan. It'll wind up robbing the sport of the inbetween game (your contact hitting, hit and runs, base stealing, stretching bases, moving runners over, etc), just like the 3 point obsession has turned the NBA into a glorified rec league. Even some people have said last night's game felt like rec league softball.

Hope for a tight 5-4ish game tomorrow with maybe one homer, no matter who wins.
    But then you will on Soccer's "lack of scoring" and Soccer's fans appreciation for all the little "in-between" things.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But then you will on Soccer's "lack of scoring" and Soccer's fans appreciation for all the little "in-between" things.
    Never about the bolded. Haven't I stated that when I did watch soccer, I was more entertained by the skill display more than anything? As "sports drama," I find soccer pretty uncompelling.

Lack of scoring. Sure. Soccer does the punch/counterpunch dynamic too low for my taste (basketball too high, actually). Baseball and Football have a balanced amount. Shootouts are in' stupid. Penalties are disproportionate. And you can't take the lead from a deficit on a single score. Those are my problems with soccer.

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    What if my husband is gay .. ?? Yesterday I caught him watching these asian free gay videos https://menhdv.com/ , he did not explain anything left home ?? What should I do in this situation?

Thread Information