6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disgraceful. For Fox to eschew the greatest announcer of all-time like that. He should've been doing at least some play-by-play in honor of his career and his beloved Dodgers being in the World Series.

I say this as a Dodger hater. Joe Buck doesn't deserve to hold Vin's mic for him let alone be the announcer instead of Vin.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    He didn't want to do the Series, tbh. He had been turning down national broadcasts for years, and now he's retired.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    But it's still biased to have a local commentator do the national broadcast

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good news is Joe Buck retires after 2018

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's wrong with Joe Buck? He isn't Kevin Harlon (sp?) or Stockton, but he's decent and can call more than 1 sport without sounded like a ing moron or sounding like anyone who calls games for ESPN's basketball crew.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    What's wrong with Joe Buck? He isn't Kevin Harlon (sp?) or Stockton, but he's decent and can call more than 1 sport without sounded like a ing moron or sounding like anyone who calls games for ESPN's basketball crew.
    yeah I don't mind him either. IMO, the main complaint is that he doesn't get excited but most commentators try to fake it which sounds awkward. When in doubt, just be quiet and let the listener either enjoy/hate the big moment. Gus Johnson's over the top reactions are so contrived and fake and that's pretty much a textbook example of some re thinking that everybody is tuning in to listen to him which leads to him going way overboard

Thread Information