Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Only "here" do we see S000000000000000000000 much put into "A" game. Other places people get the ebb, the flo, the big picture,that body of work. To watch some of you freaking out over "A" game is funny.

People, ya look at the guys history, his averages, his %'s, his stats. Nobody is GREAT/SUCKS over "A" game, ok? That's like...Iron Mike sucks he lost to Buster Douglas.

There's that Alabama frosh QB in OT, he loses a ton of yards on a sack. It's.....not good, not smart, inexperience showing there., then on the very next play.....TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!

It was my Niners vs the Cowboys in an NFC le game, TO had dropped everything, couldn't catch a cold, yep...sucking. Then with time running out he makes a great catch with Packers hanging all over him. And so it goes.

In 2004 sprinter Justin Gatlin hadn't won a race on the circuit, he was getting crushed. But he had made our Olympic team, guess what? And so it goes.

It's 1920 at the Olympics, due to an illness an alternate (Allan Woodring) to our 200m team gets a chance to run. He will be facing the Olympic 100m champ the great Charles Paddock......guess what?

Steve Wiliams and Don Quarrie were two of the greatest sprinters in history, so there they are at an indoor meet in Arizona. They will be running a 60, also in the field a local Arizona high school kid named LaNoris Marshall, yep....you guessed it. Williams and Quarrie went on their all time greats way while LaNoris Marshall never even won the NCAA.
    Last edited by Avante; 01-11-2018 at 02:46 AM.

Chubb already breaking Cleveland Brown rushing records, a team that has had the great Marion Motley, Jim Brown, Leroy Kelly all in the HOF. Now add 1000 yard rushers, Greg Pruitt, Mike Pruitt, Kevin Mack, Ernest Byner and whoever I;m forget. A 92 yard dash.

He's pushing 600 yards rushing right now (had shared carries with Hyde) averaging a gaudy 6 yards a carry. If he stays healthy a 1000 yard rookie season.

Like I said when he was at Georgia,this kid obviously has "it".

He just won his second Rookie of the Week award.

6.2 average.
    Last edited by JohnnyD; 11-16-2018 at 06:55 PM.

What a catch.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    amazing catch.

These last two years have brought in a lot of talented RB to the NFL. Hunt, Cook, Kamara, Jones, Mixon, McCaffrey, Fournette, Barkley, Michel, Chubb, Johnson, Guice, Lindsay...

amazing catch.

These last two years have brought in a lot of talented RB to the NFL. Hunt, Cook, Kamara, Jones, Mixon, McCaffrey, Fournette, Barkley, Michel, Chubb, Johnson, Guice, Lindsay...
    As we all know RB is that position where a rookie can take right off. Some are never quicker, faster than they are as a rookie. And they come from everywhere, places like Coe, Furman, Toledo, UOP, Abilene Christian, WTS etc.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    As we all know RB is that position where a rookie can take right off. Some are never quicker, faster than they are as a rookie. And they come from everywhere, places like Coe, Furman, Toledo, UOP, Abilene Christian, WTS etc.
    I think we're also seeing a shift to valuing an RB pass catching ability more so than the past. And almost making it a requirement of being a starting RB.

I think we're also seeing a shift to valuing an RB pass catching ability more so than the past. And almost making it a requirement of being a starting RB.
    Lenny Moore back in the 60's the first of great receiving RB's. Frank Gifford caught passes.

Roger Craig had a 1000/1000 season as did Marshal Faulk. Reggie Bush?

So it's an old idea that finally stuck. Yes, plant that.....will he run or receive?.... seed in a defenses mind.

Been a lot of college RB's who became a WR in the pros. , Tyreek Hill.

The guy averaging 5.4 a carry, with 663 yards, a 1000 yard rookie season will be close.

Believe.
    Post Count
    Over 996 yards as a rookie and he didn't become the man until Hyde was gone.
    Last edited by Avant; 03-14-2019 at 05:31 AM.

Believe.
    Post Count
    Nick Chubb was Alabama's MVP tonight.

Avante wrong AGAIN, as usual.
    What were you saying?

nailed Chubb, Derrick Henry, Tyreek Hill,

Wha did happen to Dri Archer? A 4.29 at the combine.
    Last edited by Avant; 03-13-2019 at 04:17 AM.

Believe.
    Post Count
    I think the guy will make it.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Chubb killed it as a rookie. i dont think he's going to have great longevity, but he could have 6-7 great years imo

Believe.
    Post Count
    Sony Michel - 1
    Tired Old Bag Chubb - 0
    Michal

931 yards
    4.5 avg
    6 td
    7 receptions 52yds 0td

Chubb

20 receptions 145yds 2td

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Michal

931 yards
    4.5 avg
    6 td
    7 receptions 52yds 0td

Chubb

20 receptions 145yds 2td
    Chubb is definitely better right now, but as SR21 already said, not sure how much tread is left on the tires. He’s already had a major knee injury and he’s a much more physical runner than Michel. He’s someone who should try to preserve himself as much as possible since he’ll be lucky to get even one crack at a big contract.

Still think the Patriots reached by taking Michel in the first though. IMO the best strategy with between the tackle running backs is to take one like Chubb in the 2nd or 3rd round, use up whatever mileage he has left in the 4-5 years you have him on his rookie contract, and then start the process over again when said player wants a huge deal. Basically what the Steelers did with Le’Veon Bell except their mistake was ever franchise tagging him and trying to work out a long term deal, should have just let him leave and moved on.
    Last edited by Will Hunting; 03-17-2019 at 09:46 AM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Chubb is definitely better right now, but as SR21 already said, not sure how much tread is left on the tires. He’s already had a major knee injury and he’s a much more physical runner than Michel. He’s someone who should try to preserve himself as much as possible since he’ll be lucky to get even one crack at a big contract.

Still think the Patriots reached by taking Michel in the first though. IMO the best strategy with between the tackle running backs is to take one like Chubb in the 2nd or 3rd round, use up whatever mileage he has left in the 4-5 years you have him on his rookie contract, and then start the process over again when said player wants a huge deal. Basically what the Steelers did with Le’Veon Bell except their mistake was ever franchise tagging him and trying to work out a long term deal, should have just let him leave and moved on.
    I don't know who much tread Michele has left either tbh. He's had several knee issues including an ACL when he was younger. I don't remember where I saw the study but having an ACL surgery significantly increases the risk of having future knee problems in later years. And while he had a good year, he didn't really look like a great runner. He wasn't as quick as I thought he would be and didn't ever seem to make something out of nothing. Just a capable runner in a good system. I wish they would get him more involved in the passing game.

So SFS was wrong about Chubb, let's see how he does in his second season.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count

So SFS once again proving he knows...0....about the game.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count

Thread Information