Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    So tying the rookie TD record meant nothing?

Being the only QB to ever post consecutive 100 passer ratings to start a career meant nothing?

How did the other players, fans perceive Russell Wilson, well?
    I don't think you appreciate how great those Seattle teams were. His team persevered through a 4 INT performance in the NFC Championship--that should tell you all you need to know. His coaches thought like you do, which is why they called his number in the SB--resulting in an infamous catastrophe

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I don't think you appreciate how great those Seattle teams were. His team persevered through a 4 INT performance in the NFC Championship--that should tell you all you need to know. His coaches thought like you do, which is why they called his number in the SB--resulting in an infamous catastrophe
    It's not what I think it's actually....

He became the first Seahawks quarterback to throw for over 4,000 yards in a season, and finished the year with the highest passer rating in the NFL. Wilson's 51.7% deep ball completion percentage was the highest among NFL quarterbacks. On December 22, 2015, Wilson was named to his third Pro Bowl.

Now ya add his rushing.

And here he is leading the NFL this season with 34 TD's, more combined yards than any player and another pro bowl.

So why is this guy setting so many NFL records, being voted to so many pro bowls? It's not about what I think, it's about how things are.

Only player in history to pass for 4000 yards, rush for over 500 yards, and have 30 TD's, and....this season he had over 30 TD's, rushed for over 500 yards and had 3983 yards passing.

All anyone has to do is Google the legends and compare their first six seasons vs Russell Wilson, it's all right there. It has zero to do with opinions. Who did it better before 30, well?
    Last edited by Avante; 01-05-2018 at 11:25 PM.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    You're talking to yourself at this point. He's had a great career so far--not denying it--but the fact remains that the Seahawks are a mediocre football team when he's the focal point of the offense. And for the love of God if you're going to make a case for him don't include factoids about past Seattle QB's. "He's surpassed legends of the game like Dave Kreig, Rick Mirer, and Matt Hasselbeck!"

It's not all his fault though...this year he had to be the focal point of the offense because the FO inadequately addressed the RB and OL situation. It doesn't change the fact that he couldn't elevate Seattle to a playoff berth, however. But let's be honest, it's refreshing to not have the Seahawks in the playoffs because they're old news and can't beat better teams when it matters (like KC)

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    You're talking to yourself at this point. He's had a great career so far--not denying it--but the fact remains that the Seahawks are a mediocre football team when he's the focal point of the offense. And for the love of God if you're going to make a case for him don't include factoids about past Seattle QB's. "He's surpassed legends of the game like Dave Kreig, Rick Mirer, and Matt Hasselbeck!"

It's not all his fault though...this year he had to be the focal point of the offense because the FO inadequately addressed the RB and OL situation. It doesn't change the fact that he couldn't elevate Seattle to a playoff berth, however. But let's be honest, it's refreshing to not have the Seahawks in the playoffs because they're old news and can't beat better teams when it matters (like KC)
    Didn't they beat the Rams at their place, and the 10-1 Eagles?

Can Wilson win while running all over the place because he has no line? Can he win in constant third and long because he has no running game other than himself? Think of how any other QB would have done in that situation, yep, only Russell Wilson could have survived.

I always look at body of work, if we do that we get a true read on a player. Russell Wilson is what everybody who really understands the game says he is, yep...pro bowler/highly ranked by his peers/NFL record holder/best first six seasons in history.

After Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Big Ben, yep.....Russell Wilson.
    Last edited by Avante; 01-06-2018 at 12:04 AM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

malfunction

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    With no running game here comes third and long, yep, an obvious passing situation so here comes that pass rush. With a running game now it's third and 2-4, will they run? will they pass? Ya can't just rush the QB. That was what Wilson was dealing with in 2017, STILL....MVP talk/pro bowl/NFL leader/NFL record.

Wilson had his best season in 2017, we saw just how amazing he really is. Imagine Tom Brady in that....oh I better run.....ha!
    Last edited by Avante; 01-06-2018 at 12:17 AM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I'll say it again....

Just Google Montana, Brady, Favre, Rodgers, Marino, Elway, Brees, Peyton, Big Ben and compare their first six seasons vs Russell Wilson. It's all right there.

wins
    playoff success
    pro bowls
    rushing
    passing stats
    NFL records

Who did it better combined, well?

How many QB's have almost three times as many TD's as INT's?

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    "Beast"
    Team gets worse as Struggle's role increases in importance, culminating in missing the playoffs and a huge rebuild coming up
    Struggle

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    So tying the rookie TD record meant nothing?

Being the only QB to ever post consecutive 100 passer ratings to start a career meant nothing?

How did the other players, fans perceive Russell Wilson, well?
    It means less than nothing, it is damaging for his image. Like a guy averaging a triple double that doesn't get to the playoffs

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    "Beast"
    Team gets worse as Struggle's role increases in importance, culminating in missing the playoffs and a huge rebuild coming up
    Struggle
    Too dumb to understand....

Without a line/running game ALL QB's are now in OBVIOUS passing situations. I know....huh?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    It means less than nothing, it is damaging for his image. Like a guy averaging a triple double that doesn't get to the playoffs

Numerous NFL records
    Numerous pro bowls
    Highly rankled ny NFLers (top 100 list, has been ranked 17th, will be higher this season)
    Led the NDL with 34 td passes
    Has led the NFL with a 110.1 QB rating
    Most wins ever in a six season career

His image...huh?

Post Count
    Too dumb to understand....

Without a line/running game ALL QB's are now in OBVIOUS passing situations. I know....huh?
    No O-line is ever going to look good when the quarterback holds on to the ball for an eternity, scrambles around aimlessly and takes stupid 20+ yard sacks on a regular basis. You can't say the Seahawks' front office hasn't tried to upgrade the O-line. It just doesn't matter when Struggle insists on creating his own pressure.

And when the Seahawks had a great running game, you still gave all the credit to Struggle while downplaying Marshawn Lynch.

Face it, old got: your boy Struggle finally found out this year what it's like to be a true franchise QB. And the end result: no playoffs. Struggle is an overrated game manager and a product of stacked teams - that's it and that's all.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    No O-line is ever going to look good when the quarterback holds on to the ball for an eternity, scrambles around aimlessly and takes stupid 20+ yard sacks on a regular basis. You can't say the Seahawks' front office hasn't tried to upgrade the O-line. It just doesn't matter when Struggle insists on creating his own pressure.

And when the Seahawks had a great running game, you still gave all the credit to Struggle while downplaying Marshawn Lynch.

Face it, old got: your boy Struggle finally found out this year what it's like to be a true franchise QB. And the end result: no playoffs. Struggle is an overrated game manager and a product of stacked teams - that's it and that's all.
    Why is it nobody agrees with you? His compe ion will have him among the top 20 players AGAIN for 2017. What's with all those pro bowls selections by the fans? I have seen more QB 's play that you or anyone here, how come I see his greatness?

Dude, you had Newton being benched for Derek Anderson, wrong on Alex Smith, wrong on Watson, wrong on Savage and you are 100% wrong about Wilson also. Where is your boy Joe Flacco at, yep...sucks.

You simply don't know the game and it's real obvious.

Take a teams best RB, cornerback, safety out and see how they do WITH a sucky o-line. Yet Wilson STILL..led the NFL with 34 passing td's, only the second plus 3900/30/500 in history (has the only one) and ANOTHER pro bowl.

Tom Savage, ha! and you wanna tell me about QB's, hahahaha!

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    How funny is this?

We are going to sit your best RB down and your best cornerback and safety and give you a terrible line, now go get them. Then when the poor guy fails to win one more game to make the playoffs.....see see see ya suck,

Hahahaahaha!

How could anyone whoi knows this game not get Russell Wilson, this really is amazing.

Marino had no defense, so why is he a GREAT QB. He couldn't take his team amy further than Wilson can in a similiar situation. And Marino had Duper and Clayton.
    Last edited by Avante; 01-07-2018 at 04:49 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    In order to make this list a QB has to have won a SB.

He has to have never missed a game in his career, meaning he neverr sat on a bench.

He must own numerous NFL records.

Numerous pro bowls.

Led all NFL QB's in some stats more than once.

He has to have passed for over 4000 yards in a season, scored over 30 TD's and rushed for over 500.

So who all belongs on the list? Yep......just Russell Wilson.

So many of these types of things.

After the Seattle Seahawks 24-13 win over the San Franciso 49ers on Sunday, quarterback Russell Wilson has once again landed in the record books.
    Wilson has become the fastest player to pass for 150 touchdowns and log 3000 rushing yards, and he’s done it in just 91 games.

Russell Wilson is the fastest player in the Super Bowl era to reach the 150 Pass TD mark and rush for 3000 Yds (91 games). pic.twitter.com/aH6Yo5SZJi

There is more.

Most td's in the4th quarter in a season.

Rookie td record (with Peyton)

Only 4000/30/500 QB.

Only 100 QB rating first two seasons.

And there is more. How could anyone not get this?
    Last edited by Avante; 01-08-2018 at 02:01 AM.

My Team
    Washington Redskins
    Post Count
    complete meltdown

Post Count
    Avante can spam all the almanac trivia lists he wants and it still doesn't change the fact that Struggle missed the playoffs.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Avante can spam all the almanac trivia lists he wants and it still doesn't change the fact that Struggle missed the playoffs.
    What QB hasn't missed the playoffs?

Show me any of the great/legend QB who had their best seasons before 30, who?

Will you ever figure out we must compare all athletes .....AT THE SAME STAGE OF A CAREER...what about that don't you understand? Where was Drew Brees in his first six seasons, well? Tom Brady? Aaron Rodgers? Joe Montana?

Dude, don't you get how anything works?

Dude, SB champ, numerous NFL record holder, numerous Pro bowler, NFL stats leader, always highly ranked among NFL players....not yet 30.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Try,,,,love showing all the reasons Wilson is the best QB in history with only six seasons of NFL experrience. NOBODY...has accomplished more with just six seasons.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    What is so damn hard about actually doing just a little bit of homework? Take a few minutes and check out just what did the greats do in their first six seasons vs Wilson. What legend was at their best pre 30.....who?

Wilson has had the best start to a career than anyone. Prove that statement wrong, come on let's see ya do it.

I'm going to see a bunch of BS, but never any actual numders, facts and stats. The numbers, facts and stats tell you that here we have the best QB ever before 30.

I saw my first NFL game in the late 50's, saw the very first AFL games, seen QB's nobody here has ever heard of....George Mira, Frank Tripucka, Milt Plum, Ed Nelson, Dieter Brock etc etc. I've seen some football, ok? Russell Wilson is a rare, unique talent and only a total idiot wouldn't see this.
    Last edited by Avante; 01-08-2018 at 02:17 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Drew Brees vs Russell Wilson first six seasons

DB

Best comp%...65.5
    Best yards season...4, 418(only one 4000 season)
    TD...27
    INT...had three seasons with 15 or more
    Best QB rating....104.8

RW

4,219 (two 4000 seasons)
    34 (twice)

Won't even talk about rushing.

Yep, all Russell Wilson.

Always compare athletes at the same stage of the career, ok?

Will Wilson ever be on a level of Tom Brady and Drew Brees, of course not. But....he is a rare talent and will be "among" the greats when he leaves the games, top 20ish.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Big Ben had over 70 INTS, only one 4000 season, only one 100 QB rating, less TD's. No need to talk rushing. And it goes on and on.

The best six seasons we have ever seen....Russell Wilson. Cat walked right in and took over, NOBODY has won more games before 30.

No GREAT QB had his best seasons prior to 30, so RW will also play better. But, to compare 12-14 year vets to a guy with only 6 seasons, yep....rookie. And, how many seasons has Wilson the young cat been voted over the old vets to a pro bowl?

Joe Montana never had more than 31 TD's (RW 34 twice) in any season, never had a 4000 (RW twice) yards season, has an inferior comp%,inferior TD/INT ratio, inferior QB ratings. Won't even talk rushing.

Tom Brady vs Russell Wilson the first six seasons, not even close, all Russell Wilson, go ahead check it out.

How could anyone not get this?

This season was his best seasn, there he was running for his life.....3,983 passing, over 500 rushing, an NFL leading 34 TD (3 rushing-37) ANOTHER Pro Bowl. And there he was third and long constantly and its....MVP??

Just how many rookies post here?

This is before the MVP talk.

Every game we see him play the announcers go bonkers, he's magic, awesome, incredible, then we come here and some idiot.....struggle.......are you kidding me?
    Last edited by Avante; 01-08-2018 at 05:16 PM.

Post Count

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Dude, love to point out just how stupid you really are, ok? Try bullying not meldown, ok rookie?

Notice we never see this idiot ever actually come up with stats, numbers, facts? Just a dumb opinion based on .....Tom Savage the best QB in Texas...mentality.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I keep waiting and waiting and waiting for somebody to shut my...check the greats, compare their first six seasos to RW up......I never see anything because.....it does get checked out and it's.,...yep, he's right, nobody else compares, so I can't agree.

Thread Information