Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I love Movie Pass. Was an early adopter of this before they were bought/sold and have it again. I go to the movies at least once a week (I can walk to an Alamo Drafthouse) so it’s a no-brainer for me.

App works great and even though it has it’s flaws (can’t reserve seats online) it’s still a tremendous deal and I will ride the wave for as long as I can before prices are inevitably raised.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    strong opinions
    Explain how reclining seats are a luxury?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Explain how reclining seats are a luxury?
    Easy, compared to regular crappy theater seats they're luxurious.

I get that you prefer watching movies at home, but that kind of reaction to people who like seeing them in the theater is just funny.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Overpriced popcorn.
    Only high quality, premium popcorn for you!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Easy, compared to regular crappy theater seats they're luxurious.

I get that you prefer watching movies at home, but that kind of reaction to people who like seeing them in the theater is just funny.
    That's like bragging about free air. Out should be an expectation.

We have reclining seats. And bathrooms. Now you can also add butter to your popcorn!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Only high quality, premium popcorn for you!
    Whatever microwavable popcorn we buy is better than any theatre popcorn I've ever had. We don't buy the cheapest however.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    That's like bragging about free air. Out should be an expectation.

We have reclining seats. And bathrooms. Now you can also add butter to your popcorn!
    Uh. Okay.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I can't imagine paying $7 for a bucket of popcorn when you can get a good pizza at ADH for $10.

Still, not sure I see enough movies in the theater to make MP worth it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Theaters are overrated. If you spend 120.00 a year watching movies at a theater, you'd break even on the deal.

Having been a projectionist for a while when I was young, I don't care too much for theaters these days.

I do like Alamo Draft House though.
    If I go to the movies, which is rare, I only go to the Alamo Drafthouse, and I go the when its half empty. Don't like packed theaters.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Theatres. Overpriced popcorn. Ass stains on the seats and snot on the armrests.
    Ass stains?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Theatres. Overpriced popcorn. Ass stains on the seats and snot on the armrests. Idiots acting like "but those reclining seats!", like y'all living with ikea plastic lawn chairs and never owned a lazyboy. Sound always too loud and bassy, freezing temps in there too.

Theatres are only for lonely, socially re ed people, little kids, and awkward first dates.
    Seems to me you'd rather stay at home and watch TV for any and all events such as sports, concerts, etc

But everyone else is lonely.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    going to ty, empty movie theaters so you can jerk off in public.
    Sex in a movie theater is a must before you die tbh

Bonus points if there theater isn't completely empty

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Seems to me you'd rather stay at home and watch TV for any and all events such as sports, concerts, etc

I watch more movies than most people.

The last ten years of quality tv shows and made for streaming movies have made movie theatres more irrelevant. Not to mention my reliance on Kodi. I don't even subscribe to any sort of cable or dish and I'm not missing out.

Again I ask you, what is the "experience"one gets in a theatre that's so much better than home? Granted I don't end up with the sticky shoes but that's because mine are off at home.

Tbh I've saw hd versions of movies prior to release in the theatres. Why WOULDN'T you prefer that?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers

The last ten years of quality tv shows and made for streaming movies have made movie theatres more irrelevant. Not to mention my reliance on Kodi. I don't even subscribe to any sort of cable or dish and I'm not missing out.

Again I ask you, what is the "experience"one gets in a theatre that's so much better than home? Granted I don't end up with the sticky shoes but that's because mine are off at home.

Tbh I've saw hd versions of movies prior to release in the theatres. Why WOULDN'T you prefer that?
    Maybe he doesn't want to be a thief.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Long Kiss Goodnight

Just saying

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

If you go to a theater to socialize, you're doing it wrong. It's 2+ hours of staring at a screen then leaving. Horrible date idea, unless you don't want to talk to her.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    If you go to a theater to socialize, you're doing it wrong. It's 2+ hours of staring at a screen then leaving. Horrible date idea, unless you don't want to talk to her.
    While at home, you can discuss the movie with your cats, amirite

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    While at home, you can discuss the movie with your cats, amirite
    So you discuss the movie while watching it?

You must be loads of fun to watch a movie with..

I don't own any pets.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

+1

You haven't lived until you've had a girl ride your in a movie theater. It's even more exciting when there's people a few rows down, tbh..

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Some movies your iPhone screen just doesn't do justice. I mean you have to watch something like Star Wars or Dunkirk at an IMAX to fully appreciate it, imo.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Some movies your iPhone screen just doesn't do justice. I mean you have to watch something like Star Wars or Dunkirk at an IMAX to fully appreciate it, imo.
    55 inches 8-12 feet away and you jump to an iPhone screen comment? What are we, 19 years old watching tv on a phone? C'mon now

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    IMAX provides something most theatres don't. We are not talking about imax screens. But to humor you, you go somewhere other than a regular theatre to watch the really cool movies because those aren't much different than watching at home.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    So i was able to get a deal through Coscto where I got the 7/mo package for a full year.

Card was shipped to me within about 10 days, so wait time was not that bad. It works like a charm, haven't had any issues yet. Got/activated my card on December 16. As of last night, have been to 4 movies using the card, which would have cost me north of $50 regularly.

Works at all my local theaters. Would recommend to anybody tbh.

As stated on pg 1, main restrictions are that it doesn't work for 3D/IMAX showings, and they don't do business with select luxury theaters, which isn't really a big thing in my area anyway. Only 1 theater near me I know of where it doesn't work, and that's an Arc-Light which hardly qualifies as luxury anymore. Overpriced tickets for no added value. ArcLight used to charge more because they were the first major chain that did reserved seating... but that's no longer a unique gimmick, so I don't understand what basis they have to continue overcharging. But that's another topic.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So i was able to get a deal through Coscto where I got the 7/mo package for a full year.

Card was shipped to me within about 10 days, so wait time was not that bad. It works like a charm, haven't had any issues yet. Got/activated my card on December 16. As of last night, have been to 4 movies using the card, which would have cost me north of $50 regularly.

Works at all my local theaters. Would recommend to anybody tbh.

As stated on pg 1, main restrictions are that it doesn't work for 3D/IMAX showings, and they don't do business with select luxury theaters, which isn't really a big thing in my area anyway. Only 1 theater near me I know of where it doesn't work, and that's an Arc-Light which hardly qualifies as luxury anymore. Overpriced tickets for no added value. ArcLight used to charge more because they were the first major chain that did reserved seating... but that's no longer a unique gimmick, so I don't understand what basis they have to continue overcharging. But that's another topic.
    Nice. Did you have to physically go to Costco? Or was it online?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Nice. Did you have to physically go to Costco? Or was it online?
    NM...I just found it online. Thanks for the mention.

It seems like it also includes a one year subscription to Fandor. Never really heard about it until today but looks allright.

Thread Information