Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    anyone here use this service? Seems too good to be true. Apparently you pay $10 per month (promotion now has it going for 7) and you can see 1 movie per day at just about any theater (no 3d/enhanced seats)

Experiences with their service?

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    I almost signed up for it, but a big dealbreaker is you can’t order tickets online. You have to physically pay for a ticket at the box office with a debit card they mail you. Especially these days where most people order online and reserve seats well in advance, it just didn’t seem like I’d end up using moviepass enough, since I hate having to sit in a ty part of the theater.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    anyone here use this service? Seems too good to be true. Apparently you pay $10 per month (promotion now has it going for 7) and you can see 1 movie per day at just about any theater (no 3d/enhanced seats)

Experiences with their service?
    wow that sounds awesome

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I almost signed up for it, but a big dealbreaker is you can’t order tickets online. You have to physically pay for a ticket at the box office with a debit card they mail you. Especially these days where most people order online and reserve seats well in advance, it just didn’t seem like I’d end up using moviepass enough, since I hate having to sit in a ty part of the theater.
    Buddy of mine just signed up. He said you order tickets through an app including seat selection. You just physically pick up your ticket (with reserved seat) at the box office last.

He just got his card and hasn't actually used it yet but that's what he's describing the process as

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Buddy of mine just signed up. He said you order tickets through an app including seat selection. You just physically pick up your ticket (with reserved seat) at the box office last.

He just got his card and hasn't actually used it yet but that's what he's describing the process as
    Hmmm it must have changed since I last checked it out. Definitely a crazy good deal if you can purchase and reserve seats in advance.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Hmmm it must have changed since I last checked it out. Definitely a crazy good deal if you can purchase and reserve seats in advance.
    I just wanted to see if anybody here used them and experienced any issues /bugs etc

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    most theaters don't have reserved seats.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    most theaters don't have reserved seats.
    70-80% of theaters in DFW have reserved seating now.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I use it. No issues.

None of the theaters in San Antonio allow you to buy tickets on the app. You do physically have to be at the theater as mono stated.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    70-80% of theaters in DFW have reserved seating now.
    There are any 2 within 10 miles of me that do and 4or 5 that dont. And the 2 that do aren't inluded in the moviepass network.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    There are any 2 within 10 miles of me that do and 4or 5 that dont. And the 2 that do aren't inluded in the moviepass network.
    Good for you. In a 25 mile radius of me, 20 theaters had it versus 7 that didn’t, before I got bored counting.
    Last edited by monosylab1k; 11-22-2017 at 12:15 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Who gives a . $10 and you can see all the movies you want. I don't care if I have to physically pick up the ticket. I've got to go to the theater to see the movie anyway. And I don't care much about the reserved seating. I don't mind waiting until the movie has been out a few weeks and there are plenty of good seats.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Who gives a . $10 and you can see all the movies you want. I don't care if I have to physically pick up the ticket. I've got to go to the theater to see the movie anyway. And I don't care much about the reserved seating. I don't mind waiting until the movie has been out a few weeks and there are plenty of good seats.
    Okay cool

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ya'll nigs ing about some bull

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    what the is the point of seeing a movie weeks after it came out, in an empty theater? At that point, just wait a little longer, go to a redbox, and watch it at home.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    what the is the point of seeing a movie weeks after it came out, in an empty theater? At that point, just wait a little longer, go to a redbox, and watch it at home.
    Uh...because it's better watching some movies on the big screen. So after how many days after a movie is released is it too late to watch at the theater? You're a re .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Empty theater >>>>>>>>> x infinity >>>>>>>>>>>>> full theater

Who the goes to the cinema to enjoy the "atmosphere"? Maybe I'm wrong. I'm not a big cinema guy; I just go there when I have a date or when I just can't wait to see a movie, but when I go I prefer it to be as empty as possible.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Uh...because it's better watching some movies on the big screen.
    Then don’t be a cheap and just buy a nice expensive ticket for those movies, and enjoy the full experience of a movie theater. And if you’re gonna about people being loud in the theater, then you’re going to the wrong theaters.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    USC Trojans
    Empty theater >>>>>>>>> x infinity >>>>>>>>>>>>> full theater

Who the goes to the cinema to enjoy the "atmosphere"? Maybe I'm wrong. I'm not a big cinema guy; I just go there when I have a date or when I just can't wait to see a movie, but when I go I prefer it to be as empty as possible.
    Well I’m sure the moviegoing experience in your 3rd world hole probably does suck ass. I wouldn’t want to sit in a crowded theater full of goatherders either. You get a pass on this one.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    At least we don't get shot on theaters down here, tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Make sure the theater you like is participating.. I think the service sounds awesome, but I'd have to go to some other theaters that I don't like as much

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    At least we don't get shot on theaters down here, tbh.
    Nobody can afford a gun/ammo there

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    This sounds great but I heard the justice League movie sucked

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Make sure the theater you like is participating.. I think the service sounds awesome, but I'd have to go to some other theaters that I don't like as much
    Where do you go? The only theater that I would sometimes go to that doesn't take it is the Palladium. Drafthouse accepts it which is sweet.

Edit: assuming you're in SA...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Then don’t be a cheap and just buy a nice expensive ticket for those movies, and enjoy the full experience of a movie theater. And if you’re gonna about people being loud in the theater, then you’re going to the wrong theaters.
    I hate going to the movie when it's crowded. I want open seats next to me, in front of me, and behind me. Buying a "nice expensive ticket" isn't going to get those things for me. Going a couple of weeks after the opening...that has a better shot at working. , I'd pay double the ticket price if I was guaranteed those things.

And I don't care what fancy theater you go to, it's not going to keep someone behind you from waiting until the movie starts to fight with their bag of candy. Or someone deciding to walk down the row when the movie is going. Or some teen checking their phone messages every few seconds.

Just give me an 80% empty theater. I don't care if I had to wait a couple of weeks to see the movie.

Thread Information