San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nextdoor Bans QAnon as Hordes of Supporters Have Flocked to the Network

Let the game of whack-a-mole begin

https://joemduncan.medium.com/nextdo...k-890c3b89d979

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'Recovering' QAnon Members Seek Help from Therapists, Subreddits, and On Telegram

"More than at any point since the QAnon conspiracy began, there is a tremendous opportunity to pull disaffected followers out of the conspiracy," writes FiveThirtyEight. And while it's just one of three possible scenarios, online posts suggest at least some members are abandoning the group, "but they will need support to really sever their connection."

ABC News reports that some QAnon adherents "are turning to therapy and online support groups to talk about the damage done when beliefs collide with reality," including Ceally Smith, a working single mom in Kansas City: "We as a society need to start teaching our kids to ask: Where is this information coming from? Can I trust it?" she said. "Anyone can cut and paste anything." After a year, Smith wanted out, suffocated by dark prophesies that were taking up more and more of her time, leaving her terrified....

Another ex-believer, Jitarth Jadeja, now moderates a Reddit forum called QAnon Casualties to help others like him, as well as the relatives of people still consumed by the theory. Membership has doubled in recent weeks to more than 119,000 members. Three new moderators had to be added just to keep up. "They are our friends and family," said Jadeja, of Sydney, Australia. "It's not about who is right or who is wrong. I'm here to preach empathy, for the normal people, the good people who got brainwashed by this death cult." His advice to those fleeing QAnon? Get off social media, take deep breaths, and pour that energy and internet time into local volunteering.

Michael Frink is a Mississippi computer engineer who helps administer a QAnon recovery channel on the social media platform Telegram. He said that while mocking the group has never been more popular online, it will only further alienate people. Frink said he never believed in the QAnon theory but sympathizes with those who did. "I think after the inauguration a lot of them realized they've been taken for a ride," he said.

The New York Times tells the story of one Bernie Sanders supporter who entered — and then exited — the QAnon movement: Those who do leave are often filled with shame. Sometimes their addiction was so severe that they have become estranged from family and friends... "We felt we were coming from a place of moral superiority. We were part of a special club." Meanwhile, her family was eating takeout all the time since she had stopped cooking and her stress levels had shot up, causing her blood pressure medication to stop working. Her doctor, worried, doubled her dose...

When she first left QAnon, she felt a lot of shame and guilt. It was also humbling: Ms. Perron, who has a master's degree, had looked down on Scientologists as people who believed crazy things. But there she was...

She agreed to speak for this article to help others who are still in the throes of QAnon.

And CNN reporter Anderson Cooper recently interviewed a recovering QAnon supporter, who tells him there were many theories about Cooper, including one that said he was actually a robot. The embarrassed former QAnon supporter admits that he had once believed that the people behind Q "were actually a group of 5th dimensional, intra-dimensional, extraterrestrial bi-pedal bird aliens called blue avians."

During that interview, he also tells Anderson Cooper, "I apologize for thinking that you ate babies."

----

Good to see cult members getting help, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the grifting never ends
    endless inversions of Marcuse's One-Dimensionality thesis.

the system cultivates its own resistance so as to coopt key opponents and/or their followers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey ElNono...

Why do you only do this to my threads?
    https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...=289122&page=3

Only a mental pervert would try to bury this post.
    https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...1#post10421321

Don't you want people to know about this? Are you some kind of mental pervert?
    How much are you being paid as a government shill to spam the board?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HOLY IT'S REAL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Q enables pedophiles

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to that article there were pics of infants, How can you get off to that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to that article there were pics of infants, How can you get off to that
    *blame it all on the Dems*

oh sorry, for a second I thought you said "how can you get away with that ?"

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mystery solved, it would seem....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Q enables pedophiles
    People who actually fight human/child trafficing are saying that this whack-ass is actually hurting the RL efforts, by focusing attention/effort on non-existant .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where is Eric Bravermann?

The real question I have is, Who is Eric Bravermann?
    I'll do you one better. Why is Eric Bravermann?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'll do you one better. Why is Eric Bravermann?
    Bend over, I’ll ing show you why.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Lmaoooooooo er got fooled badly

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    and TSA believed every last one of these re ed conspiracy theories

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching the Roseanne Barr podcast is hilarious considering how far down the Q hole she is. It makes for great comedy though especially when she is called out. Regardless I love Roseanne and always have.

Now as for conspiracy theories, you others going to keep throwing stones from your glass houses while still perpetuating RussiaGate and other nonsense from the left like Russians hunting down US soldiers and all the other bs coming from the likes of Richard Madcow and others?

You are all ing loons! The uniparty of psychos!

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Watching the Roseanne Barr podcast is hilarious considering how far down the Q hole she is. It makes for great comedy though especially when she is called out. Regardless I love Roseanne and always have.

Now as for conspiracy theories, you others going to keep throwing stones from your glass houses while still perpetuating RussiaGate and other nonsense from the left like Russians hunting down US soldiers and all the other bs coming from the likes of Richard Madcow and others?

Shut up Joey

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shut up you weak son of a .

Cry more about your daddy, Trump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

between judge judy and roseanne barr's podcast is there any trash you wont consume?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    between judge judy and roseanne barr's podcast is there any trash you wont consume?
    It's all entertainment. Sorry I'm not into the Kardashians or Jazz... We're different bro and I like my women to be biologically real if I am going to watch them.

Btw SR, I always consume your trash and others trash here on ST.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That floored the SOB, eh, kori?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's all entertainment. Sorry I'm not into the Kardashians or Jazz... We're different bro and I like my women to be biologically real if I am going to watch them.

"i'm too good for trash like the kardashians! now excuse me, this ad-break from roseanne barr's podcast just finished"

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    >>>03-05-2021<<<Bend over, I’ll ing show you why.
    Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end. You know what happened, guys, don't ya's? Trump made President. That's it & that's all.

Thread Information