A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comment...bowl_eligible/

for tldr the win they got against Delaware state doesn't count for bowl eligibility making them 5-6. UTSA also has a win against a team that was should not count for bowl eligibility, but because they didn't play houston week one it would make them 5-5. .500 and bowl eligible

UTSA
    Last edited by Trainwreck2100; 12-21-2017 at 01:03 PM.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Should've made it over other 6-6 teams just based on the fact that we were 6-5 but merit doesn't matter as much money. UTSA just got caught in a perfect storm. They were pretty much a shoe-in to play in the Armed Forces Bowl against Army (they even had UTSA listed as their next opponent in their Army-Navy preview) but Bammer getting into the playoff caused a trickle down effect that left us at home.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Should've made it over other 6-6 teams just based on the fact that we were 6-5 but merit doesn't matter as much money. UTSA just got caught in a perfect storm. They were pretty much a shoe-in to play in the Armed Forces Bowl against Army (they even had UTSA listed as their next opponent in their Army-Navy preview) but Bammer getting into the playoff caused a trickle down effect that left us at home.
    I mean there's still the money that the school lost out on. A few other 6-6 teams may be disqualified for the same reason.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I mean there's still the money that the school lost out on. A few other 6-6 teams may be disqualified for the same reason.
    Eh, the conference gets the bowl money and splits it up between members, iirc

Post Count
    UTSA didn't deserve to back into a bowl this season. Its coaches kept acting like they were running a P5 team. Thank goodness basketball is on an upswing and actually fun to watch.

Thread Information