Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you think about Kawhi and his vertical leap? Being considered the best two way player in the game, how do you thin it effects his longevity? I ask because when you look at a Jordan/Kobe/James type player, they played above the rim for so many years. It was when they were in their mid 30's that the leap started to fade. Is it me or does Kawhi not really have much of a good leap. As great as he is, does his athletic ability start to fade faster than the players I listed as he ages? Thoughts?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi’s veritcal leap is actually lower than Matt Bonner’s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea Kawhi has no leap, which may greatly benefit him in the long run.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you think about Kawhi and his vertical leap? Being considered the best two way player in the game, how do you thin it effects his longevity? I ask because when you look at a Jordan/Kobe/James type player, they played above the rim for so many years. It was when they were in their mid 30's that the leap started to fade. Is it me or does Kawhi not really have much of a good leap. As great as he is, does his athletic ability start to fade faster than the players I listed as he ages? Thoughts?
    would also mean his effectiveness isn't entirely reliant upon elite athleticism/explosiveness, so his decline will probably be smoothed like timmy's as opposed to a cliff like amare stoudemire

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't say Kawhi relies on his athleticism, because he is not an elite athlete- not like Westbrook and Blake do. He has freakish length and is actually very quick for his size. As Nate Duncan frequently points out, Kawhi is frigging strong and overpowers opposing players that should help as he ages.

I think his game could age well. He is an excellent shooter and already has an elite post game and in between game. Defensively, I do wonder, but his length and anticipation should go along way to helping him be good on that end into his 30's.

Strange but true.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No it isn't.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He seems to use it at certain moments. Plus his length doesn't really require him to jump high

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi's very athletic, the only reason people perceive him as not athletic are his ridiculously bad 2011 draft combine measurements. All of them - from his vertical, to bench pressing and agility are laughably bad and clearly inaccurate once you've seen him play in actual games. Whether he didn't take them seriously or wasn't feeling well or whatever, they contributed to him falling to the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DX had him at 27” standing vert at the draft combine. That’s pretty pedestrian.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes an old school playa

Dr J type or James Worthy. Those neegs never needed to jump high although the Dr could if he wanted to

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His freakish 7’3” wingspan allows him to play above the rim. Since that is +8 on his height, it’s almost like an extra 4” on his vert.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi's vertical is 32 inches from what I have heard. That's above average but not super athletic. Lebron,Jordan,Pippen all had verticals that were 40 plus. Keep in mind Kevin Durant's vertical is only 33 so it goes to show you that also having large wingspan helps to compensate for not having super athletic hops.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, it is.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DX had him at 27” standing vert at the draft combine. That’s pretty pedestrian.
    I remember it being in the 30s

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't look like it.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi's very athletic, the only reason people perceive him as not athletic are his ridiculously bad 2011 draft combine measurements. All of them - from his vertical, to bench pressing and agility are laughably bad and clearly inaccurate once you've seen him play in actual games. Whether he didn't take them seriously or wasn't feeling well or whatever, they contributed to him falling to the Spurs.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi doesnt fully jump or else he misses the rim entirely. You can see his athleticism when he goes for rebounds. Ya need to watch more basketball.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude also weights 240. He'd be flying at 200.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cowhi has hops, not like Leroy who can almost touch the rim with his head, but with all those tendinitis/tendiopathy issues I bet he is not using the full tank, also I blame his sex life all that ing and having babies destroys your legs, and causes tendi is in the long term.
    Women really weaken legs, said good ol´ Mickey.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He dunks so easily because of his arm length. He has excellent hang-time. He tends to hang in the air for a long time but not necessarily very far up there. But the primary reason he can play above the rim so well is because of his wing-span. What I would do for wing-span...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He dunks so easily because of his arm length. He has excellent hang-time. He tends to hang in the air for a long time but not necessarily very far up there. But the primary reason he can play above the rim so well is because of his wing-span. What I would do for wing-span...
    Lol... who wouldn't? We all want wing span.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Arm length is only part of that equation. Kawhi is quite explosive, though not elite.

Kyle has similar length/reach, but could barely get above the rim.

The guy with truly freakish length AND hops is Rudy Gay, at least before his Achilles injury. Even the Fake Greek couldn’t keep up with him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't look like it.

Thread Information