Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    36/7/7
    My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    More to come later (ESPN)

Not sure if its accurate but some dude said Brady went straight to Kraft to demand Bill to trade Jimmy G

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Brady’s body language towards Jimmy on the sidelines always seemed negative, even if he said all the right things publicly. He pretty quickly embraced Jacoby Brissett tho, probably since he never viewed him as a threat.

And there’s been quiet rumors that Belichick is interested in the Giants job.

I wonder if being attacked by ESPN again will bring them back together a la 2003 & 2014, or if this is really the end.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I think trading Jimmy G was stupid regardless but especially if Brady crying about it was the reason.

Brady’s arm has clearly been fatigued the last few weeks and that’s only going to get worse next year, id be surprised if he plays at a pro bowl level beyond that. Meanwhile Oakland opened up the floodgates by offering an ownership stake to Gruden...some team is going to inevitably offer Belichick a huge ownership stake that Kraft probably won’t match.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    I think trading Jimmy G was stupid regardless but especially if Brady crying about it was the reason.

Brady’s arm has clearly been fatigued the last few weeks and that’s only going to get worse next year, id be surprised if he plays at a pro bowl level beyond that. Meanwhile Oakland opened up the floodgates by offering an ownership stake to Gruden...some team is going to inevitably offer Belichick a huge ownership stake that Kraft probably won’t match.
    It’s eerily similar how Peyton’s “fall off a cliff” season compares to Brady this season. Both guys were having MVP caliber years, and both got tired and had a massive dropoff around Week 12/13. Then Peyton the bed in the playoffs before having a godawful final season the next year. We’ll see what happens to Brady.

But yeah, considering how much reports say Bill loved Jimmy, I wouldn’t be surprised if he got outranked by senile drunk Kraft and forced to trade him.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    It’s eerily similar how Peyton’s “fall off a cliff” season compares to Brady this season. Both guys were having MVP caliber years, and both got tired and had a massive dropoff around Week 12/13. Then Peyton the bed in the playoffs before having a godawful final season the next year. We’ll see what happens to Brady.

But yeah, considering how much reports say Bill loved Jimmy, I wouldn’t be surprised if he got outranked by senile drunk Kraft and forced to trade him.
    I’m more optimistic about Brady since he’s in better physical shape and didn’t have major neck surgery in his late 30s but at the same time Elway did a better job transitioning Peyton to game manager than Belichick has done with Brady.

They really got ed by the Brady suspension. Without that the NFL doesn’t ever get a sample of how good Jimmy is and they’d be able to resign him as a backup this offseason.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I dont think Gruden was actually offered an ownership stake. That would have complicated matters as you'd need to get approval from the owners, etc.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Does it really matter? After the Pats win another SB, so what if things fall apart. It would be about time. What other team was on top for so long?

Shocked they made it work as long as they did.

Not that I buy into all the drama, the media rarely gets the real story at first.

Veteran
    Post Count
    Brady's pissed because they're trying to get him off the juice before Commish has to drop the hammer when another hot sample comes back from the lab.

Veteran
    Post Count
    Does it really matter? After the Pats win another SB, so what if things fall apart. It would be about time. What other team was on top for so long?

Shocked they made it work as long as they did.
    How many teams cheated like them? How many teams rang their first three times because they had the GOAT place kicker?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    How many teams cheated like them? How many teams rang their first three times because they had the GOAT place kicker?
    You don't get to where the Pats have gotten because of anything other than superior play. You can cheat and win ...A....game, but you don't do what they've done as long as they have because of anything other than superior play. And....the kicking game is part of that.

”The Patriots are overrated because they were smart enough to draft a good kicker

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Brady’s body language towards Jimmy on the sidelines always seemed negative, even if he said all the right things publicly. He pretty quickly embraced Jacoby Brissett tho, probably since he never viewed him as a threat.

And there’s been quiet rumors that Belichick is interested in the Giants job.

I wonder if being attacked by ESPN again will bring them back together a la 2003 & 2014, or if this is really the end.
    If ya can't beat 'em, join 'em!

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

let's see how they do in the playoffs, KC won't be an easy out, neither will PIT/JAX

and they're definitely losing to the NFC this year if they get that far. The NFC has been head and shoulders the better conference all year long and that seems like that's what should happen.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I’m more optimistic about Brady since he’s in better physical shape and didn’t have major neck surgery in his late 30s but at the same time Elway did a better job transitioning Peyton to game manager than Belichick has done with Brady.

They really got ed by the Brady suspension. Without that the NFL doesn’t ever get a sample of how good Jimmy is and they’d be able to resign him as a backup this offseason.
    Should have just played Brissett... only would have meant a difference in the Arizona opening night game, but they still would have been 13-3 and first place.

However, the NFL didn't really get that great of a sample of Jimmy. It was only 1 1/2 games in when Garoppolo went down for the season

Which team will gift hand the Patriots the win this year?

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It's not about his dumb trainer still?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    so Belichik was emperor palpatine... hoping that Jimmy G (aka Luke) would kill and replace his former protege, Brady (Vader)

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    so Belichik was emperor palpatine... hoping that Jimmy G (aka Luke) would kill and replace his former protege, Brady (Vader)
    Close.

Brand and Kraft are both reptilians. Go back and look at their lives. Who is Brady married to? Yep...Illuminati reptilian model.

Belichick is just a hardworking coach. Worked while Brady was good. But you're not going to convince one reptilian to fire another.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Oversensationalized a bit but it’s a pretty good article imo.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Betonline has odds of Belichick being the Pats coach in 2018 at -260. Lol

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Betonline has odds of Belichick being the Pats coach in 2018 at -260. Lol
    The way Belichick works I could see him sticking around just to spite the media and to be able to say this story was bull

This reeks of typical yellow journalism from ESPN. Way to give the Pats the motivation they need. SB champs again.

At the same time, as his age has increased, Brady has become an advocate of positive thinking. Belichick's negativity and cynicism have gotten old, Brady has told other Patriots players and staff. He feels he has accomplished enough that he shouldn't have to endure so much grief. Patriots staffers have noticed that, this year more than ever, he seems to volley between unwavering confidence and driving insecurity. Brady has noted to staff a few times this year that, no matter how many game-changing throws he makes, Belichick hasn't awarded him Patriot of the Week all year.
    This is hilarious. Can you imagine Brady at home looking at his rings, MVPs, Super Bowl MVPs, etc, being disgruntled and whining about not winning "Patriot of the week"?

I'd love to see Brady without belichick next year. Would be hilarious to see him go 7-9 with McDaniels at the helm.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Classic case of....bring the king down....going on here. Yep, jealousy.

I need to see far more before getting too carried away with any of this.

Just as I posted that I hear......Belichick is leaving after this playoff run. Now let's see how accurate the media is.
    Last edited by Avante; 01-05-2018 at 02:06 PM.

Thread Information