Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Posted this in the other thread, but Hachimura does not look like an NBA lottery pick at all. Too slow/unexplosive to be a wing player, and too short to be a post player at the next level.

Also at Clarke/Hachimura getting bullied by Davide Morretti Rodman and Matt Mooney Wallace in the post all game

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Go Duke. Give us another shot at those ers
    Ha! Not so fast my friend!

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    very impressed with this tech team. in some ways, the michigan state match up will be a game between two very similar teams. best of luck to tech!

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Not to go full homer here but I think Tech beats these guys by ~15.

Michy St has shown a propensity to turn the ball over which is right up Raider alley

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Not to go full homer here but I think Tech beats these guys by ~15.

Michy St has shown a propensity to turn the ball over which is right up Raider alley
    yeah idk what to think of Michigan State. part of me thinks we'll be fine, and the mono-suicidal part of me thinks that they do some things well that we are weak at or intentionally give up i.e. three point shooting and offensive rebounding. I thought Gonzaga would burn us on those two, but they were clearly rattled by the Texas Tech Ravens' defense whereas Michigan State seems like a much more mentally tough team.

Who knows though, just talking out of my ass per par etc....haven't watched them that much. As the Beard says, it comes down to scoring more points than they do at the end of the day. I think the key matchup in this one, is whoever comes out with the higher point total wins the game

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I don't know about michy St other than what I've read. I'm just going with the gut

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Wreck em!!!

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    I don't know about michy St other than what I've read. I'm just going with the gut
    lots of veterans. long. scrappy. great defense. solid coaching. pretty much like tech but tech is more athletic.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    texas dominated michigan st in the first half all tech has to do is press

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    ...where the was this basketball team all season?
    jai lucas cant coach offense
    Last edited by playblair; 04-04-2019 at 08:46 PM.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    "MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Chris Beard of Texas Tech wins Associated Press men's basketball coach of the year; team reached its first Final Four."

Not to much of a surprise at this point but not any less impressively astounding either

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    jai lucas cant coach offense
    randomly editing a post a full day later...i wonder if that's a record on this site?

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    randomly editing a post a full day later...i wonder if that's a record on this site?
    Not only that, but during the edit he decided to bring my quote from a different thread to this one. So much autism tbh

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

Ah don't ever change, Raider fan.

Lol tear gas

Post Count

Lol tear gas
    Imagine if they win on Monday! Call in the national guard!

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    They are so fun to watch.

Their switches are so perfectly timed, and then the long kid in the middle comes off his man at just the right moment to make a block. It’s beautifully controlled intensity. They play very hard on defense without going spastic, that’s very difficult for a college kids. And they have scouted their opponents and overplay them like they have practiced against them every day.

All they have to do is makes some shots. The white guard brought game and when he went sour their best player, with great patience and selflessness then took over. No panic, or getting mad or retribution (I’m gonna show coach he should have played me more stuff)

TT in the finals... pigs fly. And in this case, pigs deserve to fly.

The coach really does believe his bench guys can contribute because he has taught them. That muscular center did not go for blocks, he moved his feet, hands, and was just terrific on rebounds. He knows what he can do. He does not try to fill in trying to replace a guy who has a gift for shot blocking thus leading to stupid fouls and getting out of position. He does his thing very well.
    Last edited by pgardn; 04-07-2019 at 02:23 PM.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

Their switches are so perfectly timed, and then the long kid in the middle comes off his man at just the right moment to make a block. It’s beautifully controlled intensity. They play very hard on defense without going spastic, that’s very difficult for a college kids. And they have scouted their opponents and overplay them like they have practiced against them every day.

All they have to do is makes some shots. The white guard brought game and when he went sour their best player, with great patience and selflessness then took over. No panic, or getting mad or retribution (I’m gonna show coach he should have played me more stuff)

The coach really does believe his bench guys can contribute because he has taught them. That muscular center did not go for blocks, he moved his feet, hands, and was just terrific on rebounds. He knows what he can do. He does not try to fill in trying to replace a guy who has a gift for shot blocking thus leading to stupid fouls and getting out of position. He does his thing very well.
    Yeah their defense is insane. They basically just funnel you to the baseline and trap you, which gives you a horrible passing lane. If anybody happens to get into the middle of the court and drive the lane, there's already somebody waiting to take a charge. You can tell they scout the post players well too and know their tendencies. I know vs Gonzaga and Michigan State, whenever a guy caught it in the post, somebody was already creeping behind the guy's strong shoulder and soon as he made his move it was right into the teeth of a double team. Pretty much all of the easy buckets that teams are used to getting are all taken away by the defensive scheme Tech runs.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

It's crazy because it's not like Tech has all world talent. It's really just all Beard and that bad ass defensive assistant coach.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It's crazy because it's not like Tech has all world talent. It's really just all Beard and that bad ass defensive assistant coach.
    This kind of basketball is absolutely wonderful to watch.
    I can see how TT might lose some games, but this current level is very difficult to beat because different guys are contributing offensively by making shots.
    They give themselves every chance in the world to win because the D is so efficient. Now they are not even fouling that much things are so well timed. And they showed they can adjust with subs on D. Offensively, One night its the Italian kid hitting, next the tough white kid, or the penetrating strong guard. And then they got the one legit pro level kid who can actually wait his turn. He trusts his teammates but he can bring them home like the last minute and a half hitting those shots.

They wore Michigan St. down. Thats ridiculous. Michigan St. rarely gets beat in that type of game. Both teams got the games they are best at and Tech won.

I could go on and on. They set very smart screens. If the angle does not work the screener does not force a foul turnover, screener just lets it go and they set up quickly again. No moving screens, sticking hips and legs out getting stupid fouls on offense in which they dont get a shot.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    This kind of basketball is absolutely wonderful to watch.
    I can see how TT might lose some games, but this current level is very difficult to beat because different guys are contributing offensively by making shots.
    They give themselves every chance in the world to win because the D is so efficient. Now they are not even fouling that much things are so well timed. And they showed they can adjust with subs on D. Offensively, One night its the Italian kid hitting, next the tough white kid, or the penetrating strong guard. And then they got the one legit pro level kid who can actually wait his turn. He trusts his teammates but he can bring them home like the last minute and a half hitting those shots.

They wore Michigan St. down. Thats ridiculous. Michigan St. rarely gets beat in that type of game. Both teams got the games they are best at and Tech won.

I could go on and on. They set very smart screens. If the angle does not work the screener does not force a foul turnover, screener just lets it go and they set up quickly again. No moving screens, sticking hips and legs out getting stupid fouls on offense in which they dont get a shot.
    yeah that's what I was most proud of. Michigan State basketball is the epitome of grind it out, toughness, blue collar, rough you up, etc. and Texas Tech bullied them right from the get-go. MSU played good defense in the first half, but it still seemed like Tech's shots were not that difficult to come by whereas MSU struggled just to get any kind of decent attempt

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

Lol tear gas
    . I couldn't imagine TTU fans actually being able to handle a national championship. Lubbock seriously needs to call in the National Guard asap IMO

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    i think it's probably a good time to rename this thread.

Post Count
    Imagine if they win on Monday! Call in the national guard!
    . I couldn't imagine TTU fans actually being able to handle a national championship. Lubbock seriously needs to call in the National Guard asap IMO
    Brah, you're stealing my line but yeah I clearly agree.

Thread Information