Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    and in some ways, the virginia team reminds me of the spurs 2014 championship team in that both were out to exact revenge on disappointing results from the previous season. uv was very focused all year long.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    "The bettor (who didn't wish to be identified for this story) wanted more than $1,500 on Texas Tech, but SuperBook director John Murray declined. "He's a well-known player who takes a lot of futures positions with us," Murray told ESPN. "He asked for more, to which we said, 'No.' I think to win $300K is pretty good."

The bettor settled for a $1,500 ticket on the Red Raiders at 200-1 odds, for a payout of $300,000.

Almost four months later, that ticket was one game away from cashing. And despite an offer from Dez Bryant and another for $125,000 on PropSwap (a secondary marketplace for sports-betting futures tickets), the bettor let it ride. Texas Tech lost to Virginia 85-77 on Monday night in the championship game.

He made other college basketball bets, including several on Virginia winning, so he still won some money. But he'll always be contemplating what could have been if Texas Tech had won.."

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id...ures-bet-hedge

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

ing Ted Cruz with the jinx

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    1. No tears. This whole season was cake with extra frosting.

2. Culver sucked bad last night. His draft stock won't drop but Tech needed him to step up and he Browned it.

2a. The rest of the team balled out. Very proud of all of them except Culver.

4. That one call in ot where the ball went off Moretti was the swing for Virginia. And then that drive and kick to the corner for the 3 was genius. Tech was completely sold he was going up for layup.

5. Virginia was just the better team. Amazing that Tech managed to hang around and not go away there in the 2nd half.
    you're telling me. I remember watching them early on when they were beating up on the small Texas D-II esque schools when I was trying to get a feel for the team. I remember looking at Mooney in particular, and thinking it was going to be a long season if we we were going to have a bulky white guy from South Dakota starting at guard. Fast forward to now, and it's beyond insane to see how much he accomplished this season

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Lol somehow missed this

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    "Beard signed a six-year contract that will pay him $4.575 million annually, keeping him under contract through the 2024-25 season. His annual salary is now the fourth highest in the country, behind Kentucky's John Calipari, Duke's Mike Krzyzewski and Tennessee's Rick Barnes, according to USA Today's coaching salary database...."

-espn

That's something I completely missed. I wondered if there would be something involving tortillas being thrown about in the student section area.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    How nearly getting a national le helps you reload:

https://247sports.com/college/texas-...sey-134495895/

It's early but this kid probably gonna be 1 and done

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    #5 the recruiting rankings? What kind of bizzaro dimension is this where Tech is recruiting with the coach kryzewkys of the world

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2...ams/basketball

Post Count
    #5 the recruiting rankings? What kind of bizzaro dimension is this where Tech is recruiting with the coach kryzewkys of the world

Wonder which booster is behind this.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Wonder which booster is behind this.
    Oh right, Tech must be cheating.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count

bruh tech actually leads for the top prospect in 2021.............beard is a fooking machine.......u may keep him for a while because shaka is actually having a great year

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    If you haven't heard of this kid yet, you soon will

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

Probably the greatest regular season win ever.

It's bad ass to be sure, but not as sweet tasting as I thought it might be. I liked beating Kansas more last year.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

It's bad ass to be sure, but not as sweet tasting as I thought it might be. I liked beating Kansas more last year.

yep didn't see that one coming. I'd have to agree, especially from a coaching perspective. A win over the #1 team in the country without your best player and a goofy-looking unathletic walk-on having to play half the game.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I think Avery Benson just became everyone's favorite new Kurt Rambis

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    man I'm just enjoying it while it lasts. This is special basically having the Belichick of college basketball, gonna be depressed if he leaves

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Troof

Give advance notice of these upsets please.
    Damn and I was just going to ask you about Tech several days ago.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    man I'm just enjoying it while it lasts. This is special basically having the Belichick of college basketball, gonna be depressed if he leaves
    his dream job is texas...........he will be the head coach at texas within 3 years..........as early as next season if shaka is fired

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    his dream job is texas...........he will be the head coach at texas within 3 years..........as early as next season if shaka is fired
    https://www.burntorangenation.com/20...ns-shaka-smart

It would cost $16.5 million to fire then hire Beard.

I know that's car ashtray money for some ut boosters but they'd still rather put that money into the foosball.

He might leave Tech but it won't be to Austin. I like your Beard watch thread though, keep bumping.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    "
    Seats for Texas Tech’s basketball game against No. 15 Kentucky Saturday at United Supermarket Arena are going on average for almost $400, according to TickPick, the secondary reseller with no fees.

At the moment, the Tech-Kentucky game is the most expensive basketball game in the world, including the NBA. The average resale price is more than the Nets-Lakers game in Brooklyn on Thursday. The average price for that game is $318.66..."

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports...239534983.html

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Oh right, Tech must be cheating.
    You gotta think SEC when dealing with SEC.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Jesus Christ they're giving away free beer tomorrow starting at 10am

"Calipari seemed taken aback by the news Friday.

"They're giving free beer to students? At the game? On campus? Wow," Calipari said. "I mean, it's been hat day, cap day, shirt day, black out, white out, red out, and now it's beer day. I had not heard of that before."

https://247sports.com/college/kentuc...cky-142677244/

Don't ever change, Tech.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    this year's Texas Tech team is the classic "high effort/energy" team with no playmakers that will get bounced in the first or second round of the tournament. Although I don't know if they will even get in at this rate. They're obviously a quality team but they don't have that go to guy this year which is costing them all these close games.

you know you're screwed when your midget, spot up three point shooting white guy has to go one-on-one with the game on the line because nobody else is capable of stepping up tbh imho. Holyfield/Ramsey have disappeared faster than whottt after an m>s sighting
    Last edited by Mark Celibate; 01-26-2020 at 11:37 AM.

Thread Information