Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We don't exactly have the personal to play the way we are custom to seeing. Our best drivers are way to old. This has been an issue for a while now and head office dud not address. As much as we want a big, we desperately need a PG or SG that can drive.
    PATFO fault
    while our main offensive weapon is a 6'11"SG, we have no chance

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No peak Parker = No Honey

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So basically if Kawhi plays the Spurs are contenders n if he doesn't we're milk toast

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team has 3 players averaging double digits in scoring. But wait it gets more pathetic..1 of those players is currently injured. Another has played in less than ten games. And the final 1 is....well he's playing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Relax, the offense will get better when and if the team returns to full health.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ??? It's not like he's had a prime Duncan all of his career. He just took the Hawks to the Eastern Conference finals when they actually had a good team and got them out of the second round for the first time in 48 years. It's not his fault the Hawks are a organization with fans. But yeah, tear down Bud to prop up Poop.
    I made no mention of Pop. I stated that Bud hasn't done a bang up job. There is a reason he lost the GM position. And I stand by what I said. If Bud is fired, there's very good chance he comes back to the Spurs in some capacity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I made no mention of Pop. I stated that Bud hasn't done a bang up job. There is a reason he lost the GM position. And I stand by what I said. If Bud is fired, there's very good chance he comes back to the Spurs in some capacity.
    I wouldn't be a big fan, honestly. I'd rather the team stayed moved on. I actually think Bud would find another job in the same off-season. Dude is a good coach who made Millsap into a max player. There are plenty of team I think he'd improve.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh.. Aldridge is scoring more efficiently in PnR rolls to the basket (49%) than he is posting up (43%).

And Gasol has become an elite roller too ( shooting 74% in rolls vs 41% in post ups).

The problem is Pop has them posting up more than they roll in PnRs lol.

Which makes no sense to me because they could manufacture better looks off the roll for others than they can from the post.
    Would makes sense if they had a perimeter player who could effectively run it on a consistent basis. Instead, Gay, Ginobili, Mills and Murray, are among the highest turnover players out of it.

I know it's off topic and redundant, but you not only get this with a guy like Walker, but you probably get an Aldridge that's more amendable to it too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bud switched teams right after the 2013 blunder and right before the 2014 le run. Bad timing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would makes sense if they had a perimeter player who could effectively run it on a consistent basis. Instead, Gay, Ginobili, Mills and Murray, are among the highest turnover players out of it.

I know it's off topic and redundant, but you not only get this with a guy like Walker, but you probably get an Aldridge that's more amendable to it too.
    Tyreke Evans would be an easier grab than Walker. He'd be the best PnR creator Spurs would have. I'd start him at point too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tyreke Evans would be an easier grab than Walker. He'd be the best PnR creator Spurs would have. I'd start him at point too.

Have thought this too, but wouldn't have his Bird rights, which would mean having to utilize cap space to re-sign him and that would be difficult. Despite his strong season to date, given his injury history and the lack of cap space league wide, he probably goes for the MLE.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Have thought this too, but wouldn't have his Bird rights, which would mean having to utilize cap space to re-sign him and that would be difficult. Despite his strong season to date, given his injury history and the lack of cap space league wide, he probably goes for the MLE.
    I'd gamble and offer White, BP3 and rights to Milutinov to bring him in w hopes to re sign him on a MLE 1+1 deal like Gay.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd gamble and offer White, BP3 and rights to Milutinov to bring him in w hopes to re sign him on a MLE 1+1 deal like Gay.
    Value wise, that's a no brainer; but it wouldn't solve the no Bird rights issue. Spurs would still have to create cap space to sign Evans to MLE 1+1 type deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bud was overrated. We won the championship the following season without him. Carlesimo was Pop's best right hand man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would take Bud over Pop right now though

Shhhh... I'll be gentle. TheDoctor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ever since I left the City you...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a good coach. The Bucks winning the le doesn't change my opinion of him. Better than Pop?? No way. At least not the enthusiastic and engaged version of Pop. You can debate Pop's enthusiasm the last 2 1/2 years or so.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bud is an average coach.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's a good coach. The Bucks winning the le doesn't change my opinion of him. Better than Pop?? No way. At least not the enthusiastic and engaged version of Pop. You can debate Pop's enthusiasm the last 2 1/2 years or so.
    Gregg threw away a ring (2013) by refusing to play Timmy and close out the championship series. I don't honestly know if there's anything comparable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd way rather have Bud rn and have wanted Bud as HC since like 2016 but he left for greener pastures not having to be 2nd fiddle to a dude who gives no s any longer and hasn't for some years now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is it always "pop dont care" and not "players too dumb". Are people waiting for a coach that speaks eubonics and memes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bud >>> Pop and it is not even close. Pop would have screwed up Giannis. Pop is the idiot that sat Duncan at end of finals game. Most over-rated coach ever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurstalk's hate boner on Pop never fails to make me laugh. Everyone circle-jerking around Pop sitting Timmy to on him, completely glossing over the fact that Pop had to have the Spurs in the Finals to even be able to make that mistake in the first place. Close to 10 years later, a ring later, and folks still haven't lived it down. Thinking Bud (a coach repeatedly and famously criticized for under-playing their stars!!) wouldn't have made a mistake in that situation, or in the multiple previous instances, that would've prevented the Spurs from ringing too, is laughable.

ing Bud the guy consistently underperformed in the POs until he got carried by a superstar on a mission in Giannis. For all the talk around here of Duncan carrying Pop, y'all sure aren't using that same stick to evaluate Bud right now, even with Giannis dropping ¡50! to close out the series. The myopic strength of ST is impressive.

For the record, Bud right now is still preferable over current Pop IMO, just because Pop's done as a coach mentally, but it's a low, low bar to cross (sadly); and building up Bud as some genius that would've won us '13 is plain stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurstalk's hate boner on Pop never fails to make me laugh. Everyone circle-jerking around Pop sitting Timmy to on him, completely glossing over the fact that Pop had to have the Spurs in the Finals to even be able to make that mistake in the first place. Close to 10 years later, a ring later, and folks still haven't lived it down. Thinking Bud (a coach repeatedly and famously criticized for under-playing their stars!!) wouldn't have made a mistake in that situation, or in the multiple previous instances, that would've prevented the Spurs from ringing too, is laughable.

ing Bud the guy consistently underperformed in the POs until he got carried by a superstar on a mission in Giannis. For all the talk around here of Duncan carrying Pop, y'all sure aren't using that same stick to evaluate Bud right now, even with Giannis dropping ¡50! to close out the series. The myopic strength of ST is impressive.

For the record, Bud right now is still preferable over current Pop IMO, just because Pop's done as a coach mentally, but it's a low, low bar to cross (sadly); and building up Bud as some genius that would've won us '13 is plain stupid.
    It's the same with Giannis! I've been calling him a superstar all year and saying he was being overlooked. I was astonished when the odds on mybookie.com for the Bucks were 10-1 before the playoffs started... I bet $150 and won $1500, so I'm obviously very happy. But now suddenly all these people who said Giannis would never win a le because he couldn't shoot are saying he's the best player in the league and a great symbol of class and humility! Love it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like that Giannis threw some major shade at the whole super team strategy...the memes of KD were hilarious!!!

Thread Information