Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No I wont. Trumps a tool but he didnt create this dysfunctional senate.
    Your excuse for dealmaster Trump is the dysfunctional senate.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Immigration is totally different from the budget. And you call that crap that was brought to Trump - a deal?
    Sure, would've kept the government operating instead of embarrassing himself and all you Trump supporters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have the crazy cruz right and the far left crazies ing everything up. You know it and I know it. Quit acting like boutons.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    We have the crazy cruz right and the far left crazies ing everything up. You know it and I know it. Quit acting like boutons.
    Defend Trump as much as you feel you have to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it. Keep talking to yourself, bouchump. im out.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Don't blame muh Trump!

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    The funny thing is both Mitch McConnell and Lindsey Graham gave Schumer all the ammunition he needed this week with their comments on Trump's leadership being so wishy-washy and non-committal during these negotiations. If Republicans and the GOP Senate majority leader don't know where the President stands and he keeps flip flopping because his hardliners are running the show behind the scenes then how are they supposed to know how to negotiate or what he'll sign? McConnell and Graham basically under-scored Schumer's assessment of Trump changing his mind every hour. If I was in Schumer's shoes I would have had these quotes from McConnell and Graham on a video ad prepped and ready to go lol...

"I'm looking for something that President Trump supports, and he has not yet indicated what measure he is willing to sign. As soon as we figure out what he is for, then I would be convinced that we were not just spinning our wheels." - Mitch McConnell.

"It’s going to take you, Mr. President, working with Republicans and Democrats to get this done. It’s not going to be done on Twitter, by tweeting, it’s going to be done by talking and understanding." - Lindsey Graham

"So Tuesday, we had a president that I was proud to golf with, call my friend, who understood immigration had to be bipartisan, you had to have border security as essential, you have border security with a wall, but he also understood the idea that we had to do it with compassion. I don’t know where that guy went. I want him back." - Lindsey Graham

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lee and Paul - why don't you drop the philosophical world and join reality?

Such a trumpian response.

Also any trumpie telling anyone to get back to reality.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Such a trumpian response.

Also any trumpie telling anyone to get back to reality.
    Qualifications to be a trump .

-Must have difficulty spelling potato
    -Must believe the CIA killed people in las vegas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those were your words. You didn't read my post or that article.
    i was responding to the first article you posted. it talked about having illegals working in registration drives. said nothing about them voting. your articles words (or lack of), not mine

Not sure what you are rambling about here. Are you saying there's no such thing as voter fraud?
    i was responding to the second article you posted, which cited to a study. the study relied on statistics from a separate study. the authors of that separate study have said they distorted their figures. if you took the time to read, you would understand that instead of "not understanding what i was rambling about"

i never said voter fraud doesn't exist. im saying the amount of voter fraud that can be attributed to illegal immigrants voting is negligible

I'm betting you didn't read anything, just writing it off as a conspiracy - which is fine. That is your prerogative.
    no. i read both articles and responded to their substance.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Qualifications to be a trump .

-Must have difficulty spelling potato
    -Must believe the CIA killed people in las vegas
    Brah it was the NSA, everybody knows that

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    60 votes are needed in the senate to close debate and bring a measure to a vote. Someone has to be up there debating for that to be at issue. If a senator would get up to the podium and filibuster then a) we would have seen it, and b) he/she received all of the blame.

McConnell could have gotten the measure passed through reconciliation or through regular channels if he had gotten 51 votes. Flake, Graham, Lee, Paul, etc voted no.

Nevermind that the senate brought Trump a bill that he rejected at the beginning of the week starting this whole mess.

People need to use more critical thinking and less GOP talking points.
    Didn't they already use their reconciliation bill for the fiscal year with the Trump tax cuts/hikes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't they already use their reconciliation bill for the fiscal year with the Trump tax cuts/hikes?
    Reconciliation is "once per topic" and they have not used it on the debt ceiling AFAIK. Regardless, if no one is up debating a measure then there doesn't need to be a vote to close debate making the filibuster moot. There would be no better way to place blame squarely on oneself than to be up on the podium grandstanding a debate as the countdown winded to a finish.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No I wont. Trumps a tool but he didnt create this dysfunctional senate.
    The senate presented him with a bill that he vetoed on Monday. His action directly led to the impasse and had he not dones so wee would not be here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The senate presented him with a bill that he vetoed on Monday. His action directly led to the impasse and had he not dones so wee would not be here.
    what bill was vetoed?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what bill was vetoed?
    He's likely talking about the bipartisan Durbin/Graham bill they presented to Trump and he said no to in that hole meeting.

Not really officially vetoed but close enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hot take: they'll just raise the debt ceiling
    which is why its not worth the hoopla
    House approves stopgap spending bill to prevent shutdown

fuzzy
    inb4 something something something, dim
    probably true. but op says "house republicans are short of the votes they need"
    yeah, no. the article headline said they lacked the votes to avoid a shutdown. they just got the votes to avoid a shutdown. they'll continue kicking the can until republicans fall in line. but as of now, they got the votes needed to avoid a shutdown.

whether they have the votes to pass a full budget proposal is a different question that the article spent time talking about.
    yeah there was a shutdown for a couple of weeks while i was in college. except in that case, they weren't able to kick the can even once, while the current congress has done so a few times already. that was also a republican house sending deals over to a democrat senate. its not the same situation, dim
    Was Trump presented a bill from the senate earlier this week? He threatened to veto it so they withdrew it but it's there just the same.

Meanwhile, you should eat your sandwich instead of trying to score points on a point of fact like a bag, dim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's likely talking about the bipartisan Durbin/Graham bill they presented to Trump and he said no to in that hole meeting.

Not really officially vetoed but close enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “Democrats stuck to demands that any short-term spending legislation must include protections for young undo ented immigrants known as "Dreamers." Republicans in turn said they would not negotiate on immigration until Democrats gave them the votes needed to reopen the government". Unquote. - Just remember, it was the Democrats / Liberals not the Republicans / Conservatives, who shut down the Government because they want Illegal Immigrant Hispanics and the DACA Dreamers to be granted U.S. Citizenship and for Democrat Voting numbers. So if you as an Government employee, a Retiree, an Elderly, Senior Citizen, are Disabled, or are Military, and you don’t get your next Government issued paycheck, then you know who, and which political party to blame for you not getting it, or not getting it on time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “Democrats stuck to demands that any short-term spending legislation must include protections for young undo ented immigrants known as "Dreamers." Republicans in turn said they would not negotiate on immigration until Democrats gave them the votes needed to reopen the government". Unquote. - Just remember, it was the Democrats / Liberals not the Republicans / Conservatives, who shut down the Government because they want Illegal Immigrant Hispanics and the DACA Dreamers to be granted U.S. Citizenship and for Democrat Voting numbers. So if you as an Government employee, a Retiree, an Elderly, Senior Citizen, are Disabled, or are Military, and you don’t get your next Government issued paycheck, then you know who, and which political party to blame for you not getting it, or not getting it on time.
    Who has the majority in both chambers and the WH?

Who was presented a bipartisan bill earlier this week and rejected it because he wanted a wall to be funded?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim 54 min ago
    So the Democrats are not paying our military and freezing funding to blackmail to keep illegals in America. I will never vote Democrat again!! And I have been a life long Democrat.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or work for a military contractor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Many more Americans blame President Trump and the GOP than Democrats for the possible government shutdown looming Friday, according to a new poll from The Washington Post and ABC News.

The poll finds that 48 percent of respondents said that Trump and Republicans would be responsible for a shutdown, compared to 28 percent who said Democrats are to blame.

Eighteen percent of respondents said that the two parties share blame.

And 46 percent of independents said they blame Trump and Republicans, compared to 25 percent who blame Democrats.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...down-than-dems

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who has the majority in both chambers and the WH?

Who was presented a bipartisan bill earlier this week and rejected it because he wanted a wall to be funded?
    The majority in senate is one hardly 60 to get things passed
    If chuck gave money to fund wall tell Mexico pays it back it would have been done

Trump said let’s fix the boarder problem with wall security with the DACA bill
    He does not want the dreamers here but willing to do that to get wall

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Many more Americans blame President Trump and the GOP than Democrats for the possible government shutdown looming Friday, according to a new poll from The Washington Post and ABC News.

The poll finds that 48 percent of respondents said that Trump and Republicans would be responsible for a shutdown, compared to 28 percent who said Democrats are to blame.

Eighteen percent of respondents said that the two parties share blame.

And 46 percent of independents said they blame Trump and Republicans, compared to 25 percent who blame Democrats.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...down-than-dems
    CNN poll said democrat fault

Thread Information