Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Leonard has told the Spurs at different stages of the rehab process that he wasn't comfortable with his ability to play through the injury and the Spurs shut him down."

Then why would he be mad at the Spurs about this? He is the one telling them he is hurt, and does not want to play. Story sounds like BS..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a question that I've been curious about since the off-season - Does Kawhi still have many family members living in San Antonio right now? I saw his sister mention on the Instagram page she made for Kawhi that she has moved back to California. Does Kawhi still have other family members living in San Antonio with him, or have most of them moved back?

"Leonard has told the Spurs at different stages of the rehab process that he wasn't comfortable with his ability to play through the injury and the Spurs shut him down."

Then why would he be mad at the Spurs about this? He is the one telling them he is hurt, and does not want to play. Story sounds like BS..
    I wonder if anyone read the article before posting? I didn't think too much of it after reading that quote in the article that you've posted. If that quote is true, he's the one telling them he's not ready, so why would he be mad at them?

If he is mad at them, then I assume he feels they may have stuffed up the diagnosis and rehab? Maybe he thinks if it was handled differently/properly he wouldn't have been out this long?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where are the PATFO suckers now? ..

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    That George Hill for Davis Bertans trade looking better by the second.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well to be fair, this year he hasn't been better than either..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was pretty obvious even last year. Kawhi would look visibly annoyed with managment. He would go on a run and that Old Me me me coach would play him 25 minutes the next game.

No other star has that disadvantage.
    He was on a minutes limit last year and came into camp injured. This is on Pop????????????????

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fire up those trade machines!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a question that I've been curious about since the off-season - Does Kawhi still have many family members living in San Antonio right now? I saw his sister mention on the Instagram page she made for Kawhi that she has moved back to California. Does Kawhi still have other family members living in San Antonio with him, or have most of them moved back?
    Great he can go to the Lakers.. His agent can just wait for the contract offer from Lavar Ball..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, things have changed without Tim. First you have LMA asking for a trade. Then you have this Kawhi news. I said a long time ago that SA fans would have to get used to “new superstars”.

Tim was so rare in that he was a great teammate and leader and allowed Pop/RC to do what they needed to do because he supported them.

It does not make these new stars bad people, but it sheds light on just how special Tim is/was. This is what every other franchise has to deal with (outside of maybe Dallas/Dirk). The stuff with LMA, Kawhi and all the drama. This is what happens in free agency with these “lead” guys. This is the new norm and it’s going to be a big time struggle for Pop/RC and the fans adjusting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    see the good side:
    at least we have slow and injured old men: Pau Gaysoft and Rudy Gay
    dwarves: Mills and Forbes
    old legends: Parker and Manu
    role players: Kyle and Danny
    .. and garbage: brendan paul or whatever the name of this and the worst center in history aka Joffrey

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well to be fair, this year he hasn't been better than either..
    Good thing those are the players we'll probably be keeping over Kawhi then, huh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yup. Doesn't make sense. It's a frustrating time for both parties. Just hoping he gets the rehab he needs and comes back in a month or so, so he can focus on basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus Christ, this franchise has reached its lowest point in history
    LOL. Did you just start watching NBA when they signed Duncan?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good thing those are the players we'll probably be keeping over Kawhi then, huh?
    Wait, where's Kawhi going?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait, where's Kawhi going?
    California.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not yet. Kawhi's actually bolting or forcing a trade would be.

Blowing all of our cap space last summer on Pau and Patty rather than going strongly after some upgrades might have gone a long way toward chilling the relationship - in addition to flubbing his rehab (if that is true).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was on a minutes limit last year and came into camp injured. This is on Pop????????????????
    YES! That messes with a player's mind. Just let him play. No restrictions. No rest. No mention of injury prevention. Just suck it up and play tough. Plenty of time to rest in retirement.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not even close

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love Kawhi, but honestly I would be okay if he leaves as long as the Spurs get big talent in return or high lottery picks. One thing I can’t stand about Leonard is he at times becomes a ball hog and holds onto the ball for long periods of time when on offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also wonder if this is a bit of gamesmanship from Kawhis camp with regards to Super Max deal. They may be hearing that with injuries to Kawhi that SA might not want to go there. This could be their way of putting that pressure on them publicly.

Kawhi is eligible for a Super Max extension now. If they don’t do that and he has to make an All-NBA team next year (which with injury might be tough) that Super Max might not be available then.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Great he can go to the Lakers.. His agent can just wait for the contract offer from Lavar Ball..
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7mdj8w2

If the relationship continues going south, would you do this trade this summer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh no.. Not even close. The team was before David, and for one season before Timmy was drafted.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7mdj8w2

If the relationship continues going south, would you do this trade this summer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL. Did you just start watching NBA when they signed Duncan?

I said franchise, not roster, losing Kawhi that way would be unbelievable for the acclaimed front office Spurs, it's simple to understand

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im hoping its just a guy with a personality that does not have any other interest other than B-BALL getting restless. Hoping it blows over once he starts playing again and hopeful that this gets RC/Pop going.

I dont fault them like most do here. They obviously tried to improve the team and if they would have landed Kyrie everyone would be singing a different tune. Unfortunately they can’t force CLE to trade with them.

Thread Information