Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is close enough to Parker for the move to make sense. Bertans is nowhere near Gasol in terms of impacting the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dafuq... You're talking about Pau from his Laker Yrs right!?! I know you're not speaking of the Pau who don't even try once he's beat.. just stands there like WTF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our whole starting lineup is going to consist of D-League All-Stars besides LA soon, isn’t it? Maybe we should bring Jimmer over from China and have him start, too?

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dafuq... You're talking about Pau from his Laker Yrs right!?! I know you're not speaking of the Pau who don't even try once he's beat.. just stands there like WTF.
    And yet he LEADS the team in assists.

That's nothing to scoff at.

I think they should both get minutes. Matchups and projected pace would determine who would start.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who needs rebounds? Great idea.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our whole starting lineup is going to consist of D-League All-Stars besides LA soon, isn’t it? Maybe we should bring Jimmer over from China and have him start, too?
    Can we trade Mills for him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Loved the starting lineup last night. Think we should roll with it for awhile. Getting Murray and Bertans much neeeded PT. On top of that Fatheads and Murray’s great rebounding for their positions makes up for Bertans lack of rebounding for a 4. Think the group compliments each other nicely

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who needs rebounds? Great idea.
    -Anderson and Dejounte can make up for Bertans' lack of rebounding.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans is underrated on here!!! He can pass, defend, rebound pretty damn well. He sure as can move his feet 10 times better that Pau!
    WTF?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans can pull up over people from 3, he was doing it to LeBron before LeBron started closing out harder.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I was wondering what Jermaine was on about when he mentioned Davis rebounds pretty darn well. LOL. I wanted to kill Davis in one of the Spurs recent loses where he could barely get 1 rebound in the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I was wondering what Jermaine was on about when he mentioned Davis rebounds pretty darn well. LOL. I wanted to kill Davis in one of the Spurs recent loses where he could barely get 1 rebound in the game.
    I'm not saying he's the best, but I like his effort. Lol I'm starting to feel Davis an Kyle should be untouchable.. Esp with this Kawhi being a lil !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's a great fit when we have both Murray and Anderson on the floor tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have serious concerns about Bertans' defense and rebounding (also LMA plays best when paired with Gasol) but at this point I don't mind trying it out for a few games. If it doesn't work out, just plug Gasol back in.

BTW if Kawhi returns, I think it would be wise to try a Murray/Green/Leonard/Anderson/Aldridge starting 5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last year Gasol didn't complain about coming off the bench when Dedmon was hot. I don't see why it would suddenly become a non-starter for him now.

The only question is if Pop would go forward with it, or if LMA would take issue with it.

The Murray/Green/Leonard/Anderson/Aldridge starting 5 would make a ton of sense rotation wise, too. We're already pretty cluttered at the 3/4 with Kawhi/Anderson/Bertans/Gay and we're thin at center, so having Gasol off the bench makes sense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray, DG, Kawhi, LMA, and Bertans as the SL with TP, Manu, Kyle, Gay, and Gasol off the bench sounds conceptually.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans should stay on the bench IMO. Gasol can also shoot the three but pairs better with Aldridge and provides more in terms of playmaking, PnR, and passing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last year Gasol didn't complain about coming off the bench when Dedmon was hot. I don't see why it would suddenly become a non-starter for him now.

The only question is if Pop would go forward with it, or if LMA would take issue with it.

The Murray/Green/Leonard/Anderson/Aldridge starting 5 would make a ton of sense rotation wise, too. We're already pretty cluttered at the 3/4 with Kawhi/Anderson/Bertans/Gay and we're thin at center, so having Gasol off the bench makes sense
    I would probably have Bertans in that starting 5 vs Anderson just because we would need the spacing, especially now that Murray is starting. Gasol does make sense off the bench though. He's been pretty good overall, but I wouldn't be surprised if Pop makes that change. He took a bit to change it last year but he eventually started Dedmon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we trade Mills for him?
    That would be an upgrade tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would probably have Bertans in that starting 5 vs Anderson just because we would need the spacing, especially now that Murray is starting. Gasol does make sense off the bench though. He's been pretty good overall, but I wouldn't be surprised if Pop makes that change. He took a bit to change it last year but he eventually started Dedmon.
    i dont think spacing is really that big an issue since LMA prefers to camp outside anyway, so its not like the paint is going to be cluttered. Aldridge pulling opposing bigs out also gives murray the ability to cut off-ball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have serious concerns about Bertans' defense and rebounding (also LMA plays best when paired with Gasol) but at this point I don't mind trying it out for a few games. If it doesn't work out, just plug Gasol back in.

BTW if Kawhi returns, I think it would be wise to try a Murray/Green/Leonard/Anderson/Aldridge starting 5.
    Bertans defense isn't terrible. Its not great, but he has pretty good lateral movement. You don't have as many traditional 4s these days so him getting pushed around by some big bruiser downlow isnt as much of a concern.

I really like that lineup you propose when Kawhi returns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is my concern. We all know LMA doesn't like to play center. Being paired with Pau takes some of that pressure off of him. Also, he and Pau have been working well together in the high-low situations, and those easy buckets keep him going.

I don't think moving Pau to the bench is the answer...I think finding another big that is not Joffrey ing Lauvergne makes more sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont think spacing is really that big an issue since LMA prefers to camp outside anyway, so its not like the paint is going to be cluttered. Aldridge pulling opposing bigs out also gives murray the ability to cut off-ball
    Kawhi and LMA sometimes operate in the post, I just think the more spacing, the better chance of getting some ball movement going again. Anderson/Murray out there isn't ideal, as they both tend to either not shoot, or hesitate. Having as much shooting firepower as possible around Kawhi/LMA would open things up much more. Plus I think Anderson's defense would be needed much more with that 2nd unit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

my concerns with Bertans are mostly whether his body can really handle the physicality. He's a strong dude mentally and he competes... but he's really light and gets pushed out of plays on defense often... he really cannot handle contact that much which hurts him rebounding as well.

Watch this play right here... nice play from the steal by Kyle to the fast break Davis runs ending on a Dejounte dunk.. however, watch at the end how the smallest contact with Lebron sends Davis flying 5 feet. He's having his knee wrapped in the bench and frankly I am not sure how much of the physicality his body can handle. He is really light.

Here is the play:

I think Pop is getting a lot more comfortable playing him though and he's also getting his opportunity to show up. Next game against Memphis pop is resting Lamarcus. Davis will have his opportunities to make his case.

Last edited by SAGirl; 01-24-2018 at 04:16 PM.

Thread Information