Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop neutered him, tbh. From being the 6th man to barely seeing minutes. But of course with the season on the line we will be trotting the Mills/Belinelli duo for 25+ minutes.
    He wasn't always the 6th man, Rudy would often be first off the bench. I've thought Davis should get more minutes too, but he's having a really tough time this series. He wasn't neutered, he's just in a tough matchup defensively, and guys are closing out on him at the 3 point line. His shooting fell off a cliff this series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    trade him. 7 Million expiring, the Kings wanted him. He's easy to move and you should be able to get a good player back or move up in the draft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    trade him. 7 Million expiring, the Kings wanted him. He's easy to move and you should be able to get a good player back or move up in the draft
    With every extra minute he plays in this series, he depreciates more as an asset. It is crazy how hard he's fallen after he got snubbed from All-Star 3PT shooting contest..

I don't think you can rely on player(s) this fragile mentally..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In fairness, Denver is the best team at defending the three. Every one of the Spurs sharpshooters are shooting like garbage. This just wasn't a good series for Bertans. If we'd played someone else in the first round, he might've done better. It's just a bad match up.

Belli didn't all of a sudden forget how to shoot. Denver's defense is impacting all these guys. It's not that they suck, it's that they aren't good enough to shoot over the best 3 point defensive team in the NBA.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Utah packaged their pick and Trey Lyles to move up and draft Mitc tbh. The ginger Austin Daye can probably get us a good return.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans seems to have faced a tough matchup last year in the playoffs as well when he shat the bed. Also a ton of tough matchup every game after he got snubbed and he campaigned to be let in the 3pt Contest lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Bertans but I would not hesitate to trade him to move up in draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    denver defends the 3 well, and when bertans is unable to play the 4, it hurts his effectiveness, as SF's have a much easier time closing guys out and defending the perimeter. it neuters bertans' advantage.

DAF just seems to have this personal, vested interest that bertans gets minutes and plays well...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man what happend to davis?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bert is fine, stop overreacting to 5 games. He's tall/lanky and can shoot. He has a role in today's NBA. For the right price, he's a great asset to come off the bench. Just needs to continue developing and knowing he belongs and he will be a good role player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn..Officially Out of the rotation..

He completely collapsed after that All Star snub. I can't even blame Pop here; he isn't to blame when player of his freezes up like that..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think he should see minutes over Mills/Beli (even Forbes, although Bryn has been good this series) but it's whatever at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He hasn't been able to guard Beasley unfortunately. I like Pop going with the two bigs more, unfortunately that squeezes Davis out of the rotation.

Aggieland Spurs Fan LoneStarState'sPride's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been high on Bertans all year, but he's been Bonnerriffic since the games became more important. Disappointing tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think he should see minutes over Mills/Beli (even Forbes, although Bryn has been good this series) but it's whatever at this point.
    Mother er I know you firmly have this dude's down your throat and I know Mills and Belli have been really awful but you do understand what positions are right? And no, I'm not talking about the differnet ways Bertans bends you over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mother er I know you firmly have this dude's down your throat and I know Mills and Belli have been really awful but you do understand what positions are right? And no, I'm not talking about the differnet ways Bertans bends you over.
    I already tried to talk him out of it, but he got too invested in this schtick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I totally disagree with Popovich here. I don't understand why Forbes, Mills, Belinelli deserve extra oportunities despite their terrible defense and, some times, erratic shooting but Bertans can't play a single minute.

And then Popovich complains about defensive rebound and rim protection. What about replacing small guards with a 6'10 guy? That might help.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where did this rumor start that Bertans is capable of defending guards?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good riddance. Great adjustment by Pop here tbh. Let me replace that idiot Messina on the bench. I tell it how it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know that, besides having the entire Spurs' organization deep down your ass, you aren't the most knowledgeable poster in here, but yeah, I know about positions, more than you do.

Bertans is a wing, same as Belinelli and Mills.

Now, you will probably say:

1) Mills is a PG.

2) Bertans is a PF.

1) No, Mills isn't a PG, he's a midget SG. And the Spurs would be better off staggering White and DeRozan's minutes so that they are the only two main ball-hanlders at all times.

2) Bertans is a SF, that's the position he has played all his life and it's the position he should have played in this series since he can't keep up with Millsap and/or Plumlee. And before using the easy, lame and incorrect argument "he can't defend perimeter players", well, let me ask you: who would you rather have out there for defensive purposes on perimeter players: Bertans or Mills/Belinelli?

Everybody ting on Bertans on this series, but the dude is still posting some of the best on/off metrics of the entire team. Unless that stat gives extra pts for being red headed, you gotta realize there's something he does well out there. And it isn't a fluke either. He has been posting these positive impact stats since he got to the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where did this rumor start that Bertans is capable of defending guards?
    In comparisson to Mills and Belinelli? Since each of these players were conceived, tbh.

lol at imagining Mills or Belinelli on this situation

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertrans should remain in the doghouse until he starts to defend properly again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d rather put Bertans than Mills tbh. His length at least would bother Murray and the other guards. He has rebounding, improved ball handling and deceptive help defense. Just don’t play him PF. Millsap/Plumlee would impregnate him. On 2nd unit I’d keep White/Demar every time, and play Beli, Bertans, Gay, Poeltl/Aldridge. I’d keep White/Demar, Aldridge/Poeltl all the time. It’s game 7. We cannot afford defensive liabilities out there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what do you guys think DAF prioritizes more? the spurs getting a win or bertans getting 20+ minutes

Thread Information