Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Notice how the score gets closer when Bertans gets into the game. Pop screwed up big time by not realizing the type of player he had in his hands, tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure the SF/PF argument really matters, depending on matchups with a Bertans/Hachimura lineup. I think a lot of it has to do with who is playing with/around him. When he is paired with Hachimura (his size/athleticsm makes him a versatile defender) it allows the Wizards to choose who Bertans defends (SF/PF) based on matchups. So at times he is playing SF in offensive sets, but defending PF on other side, while also sometimes playing SF at both ends, & occasionally playing PF on both side of the ball. Funniest thing about ESPN Wizard's roster is listing Moritz Wagner as a SF

Bigger issue is I don't think the Spurs roster allowed same flexibility, although maybe it could have this year with Demare/Bertans. Most likely still wouldn't have been great as Demarre has mostly looked like he has lost step or two

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bigger issue is I don't think the Spurs roster allowed same flexibility, although maybe it could have this year with Demare/Bertans. Most likely still wouldn't have been great as Demarre has mostly looked like he has lost step or two
    A step? Demarre looks like he's lost a leg or two.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bet Davis will get a place in this seasons 3pt contest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last 5 games 25, 19, 25, 21 and 20.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Notice how the score gets closer when Bertans gets into the game. Pop screwed up big time by not realizing the type of player he had in his hands, tbh.
    yep

its not just the minutes, either, he generally has much more of a green light in washington. he's only 7 more minutes per game than last year but his 3PA are nearly doubled. he's been even more accurate, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's averaging 14.9 points per game, his 3-point attempts have doubled and his shooting percentage still increased, shooting 46.4% on 3s. Impressive what good coaching can do to players.

"Davis I want you to tell Marco that he's better than you"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well atleast we got trey lyles

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just baffled at what is that Pop sees that he has no problem giving a limited guy like Forbes 35 minutes per game despite awful metrics in both offense and defense (untill this season, where he's being a plus on O. Not as much as Bertans though) but keeps treating a clearly more influential player like Bertans like a ing scrub.
    If you can't understand why Forbes is playing and not Bertans, I don't know what to tell you. It's really freaking obvious. Anyways, Bryn has better impact stats than Davis does. No idea where you're getting contrary information.
    This is the type of sniffing mentality that got us to this point, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's averaging 14.9 points per game, his 3-point attempts have doubled and his shooting percentage still increased, shooting 46.4% on 3s. Impressive what good coaching can do to players.

"Davis I want you to tell Marco that he's better than you"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the type of sniffing mentality that got us to this point, tbh.
    The condescending arrogance they post with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans was shooting lights out in the middle of the season for the Spurs too then went through a dry spell later in the season. Wins and losses wise, Spurs were a playoff contender and Wizards are still losing. He's a great shooter but he's not moving the needle enough for me to be completely devastated. Morris screwed us over more. Still excited to see if we make the playoffs this year and if not, our forst lottery pick in ages!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans was shooting lights out in the middle of the season for the Spurs too then went through a dry spell later in the season. Wins and losses wise, Spurs were a playoff contender and Wizards are still losing. He's a great shooter but he's not moving the needle enough for me to be completely devastated. Morris screwed us over more. Still excited to see if we make the playoffs this year and if not, our forst lottery pick in ages!
    by ur logic, we should never want a player that plays on a team that doesnt have a winning record? so we should automatically eliminate half the players in the league from consideration and half the teams in the league...so no way in we should want ppl like Ja Morant on our team...or any player from the Magic, Kings, etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    by ur logic, we should never want a player that plays on a team that doesnt have a winning record? so we should automatically eliminate half the players in the league from consideration and half the teams in the league...so no way in we should want ppl like Ja Morant on our team...or any player from the Magic, Kings, etc
    You jumped from 3 to 10 real quick. I'm just saying losing Bertans sucks but I'm not devastated by it. Even if he was on this team, he would not move the needle that much I think. We have more gaping holes in the defense, which he wouldn't help much with.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans is playing/shooting like I wish he would’ve with the Spurs.

But we all know role players in SA are always walking a tightrope with Pop. They’re always looking over their shoulder for the yank (except coaches pets). What’s worse, a lot of times they are played out of position because Pop is trying to square peg round hole them. Not really their fault.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertrans is shooting great on a team scoring a ton but on a team that is dead last in def and has a record worse than ours. We are one of top scoring offenses but one of worst def teams. He would not have helped us. What we need is more def not more offense. Dont get me wrong I'd rather have him than Forbes just due to size but think the results woulda still been the same and losing him for Morris was an absolute no brainer at the time. Who knew Morris was gonna screw us like that.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertrans is shooting great on a team scoring a ton but on a team that is dead last in def and has a record worse than ours. We are one of top scoring offenses but one of worst def teams. He would not have helped us. What we need is more def not more offense. Dont get me wrong I'd rather have him than Forbes just due to size but think the results woulda still been the same and losing him for Morris was an absolute no brainer at the time. Who knew Morris was gonna screw us like that.
    Absolutely, Bertans was unplayable in the playoffs last year due to his defense. Millsap was killing him everytime he guarded him. He is still an upgrade over Mills and Forbes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The new Scola.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans wishes he was that good, and I like Davis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans with 32 and 9 in 30 mins on 8-12 from 3. Lol we gave this dude up for nothing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop just could not figure out how to use Davis effectively.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It hurts...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good for him. And F Morris

Thread Information