Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans was shooting lights out in the middle of the season for the Spurs too then went through a dry spell later in the season. Wins and losses wise, Spurs were a playoff contender and Wizards are still losing. He's a great shooter but he's not moving the needle enough for me to be completely devastated. Morris screwed us over more. Still excited to see if we make the playoffs this year and if not, our forst lottery pick in ages!
    by ur logic, we should never want a player that plays on a team that doesnt have a winning record? so we should automatically eliminate half the players in the league from consideration and half the teams in the league...so no way in we should want ppl like Ja Morant on our team...or any player from the Magic, Kings, etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    by ur logic, we should never want a player that plays on a team that doesnt have a winning record? so we should automatically eliminate half the players in the league from consideration and half the teams in the league...so no way in we should want ppl like Ja Morant on our team...or any player from the Magic, Kings, etc
    You jumped from 3 to 10 real quick. I'm just saying losing Bertans sucks but I'm not devastated by it. Even if he was on this team, he would not move the needle that much I think. We have more gaping holes in the defense, which he wouldn't help much with.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans is playing/shooting like I wish he wouldíve with the Spurs.

But we all know role players in SA are always walking a tightrope with Pop. Theyíre always looking over their shoulder for the yank (except coaches pets). Whatís worse, a lot of times they are played out of position because Pop is trying to square peg round hole them. Not really their fault.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertrans is shooting great on a team scoring a ton but on a team that is dead last in def and has a record worse than ours. We are one of top scoring offenses but one of worst def teams. He would not have helped us. What we need is more def not more offense. Dont get me wrong I'd rather have him than Forbes just due to size but think the results woulda still been the same and losing him for Morris was an absolute no brainer at the time. Who knew Morris was gonna screw us like that.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertrans is shooting great on a team scoring a ton but on a team that is dead last in def and has a record worse than ours. We are one of top scoring offenses but one of worst def teams. He would not have helped us. What we need is more def not more offense. Dont get me wrong I'd rather have him than Forbes just due to size but think the results woulda still been the same and losing him for Morris was an absolute no brainer at the time. Who knew Morris was gonna screw us like that.
    Absolutely, Bertans was unplayable in the playoffs last year due to his defense. Millsap was killing him everytime he guarded him. He is still an upgrade over Mills and Forbes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The new Scola.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans wishes he was that good, and I like Davis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans with 32 and 9 in 30 mins on 8-12 from 3. Lol we gave this dude up for nothing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop just could not figure out how to use Davis effectively.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It hurts...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good for him. And F Morris

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    "We don't need Bertans cause he sucks on defense"

Imagine saying this when Bellini and Mills play major minutes on this team. ing re ed sniffers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans with 32 and 9 in 30 mins on 8-12 from 3. Lol we gave this dude up for nothing
    The rest of the Wiz went 3 for 23 on threes, and that killed them.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The one thing nobody can get around is that Bert is shooting .452 from 3P, on 8.5 attempts per game. His team isn't putting the ball through the rim for him. Is it a fluke? Is he more motivated? Or just being used more effectively?

Nah - two things nobody can get around. The other is that we have ing Belinelli, who managed to improve his 3P% to .333 with a single 4-5 performance, because his volume has been so low. Bertans would probably only be getting 3.0 attempts if he was on this team. Maybe less, because he's be sharing minutes with Beli.

Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn this hurts to watch.

sick demented ring****** ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He would be useful but he gone.

Now what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop just could not figure out how to use Davis effectively.
    But thatís Davisí fault.

-sniffer

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He would be useful but he gone.

Now what?

LOL. Hard to argue with. This season, now nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But thatís Davisí fault.

-sniffer
    Never mind

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wasnít directing that at you specifically. I agree with your comment.

Iím saying the sniffers are going out of their way in this thread to say Bertans going 8/12 would be useless to the Spurs because he doesnít play defense.

So many players on this roster canít play defense. But we know Pop ainít trading culture Patty, or his little engine that could Forbes. They canít rebound, they canít run a fast break, they canít block shots. They also canít shoot like Bertans and arenít big enough to get their shot off against pretty much anyone. But Bertans had to go because of his defense and rebound issues, even though Pop was playing him out of position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wasnít directing that at you specifically. I agree with your comment.

Iím saying the sniffers are going out of their way in this thread to say Bertans going 8/12 would be useless to the Spurs because he doesnít play defense.

So many players on this roster canít play defense. But we know Pop ainít trading culture Patty, or his little engine that could Forbes. They canít rebound, they canít run a fast break, they canít block shots. They also canít shoot like Bertans and arenít big enough to get their shot off against pretty much anyone. But Bertans had to go because of his defense and rebound issues, even though Pop was playing him out of position.
    Uz I originally protested being called a sniffer but when I figured out the ~ I edited
    My post to nvm
    Too bad Davis and Pop could not figure out how to be effective. I think Davis as SF was the answer.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Morris was supposed to be a 15+5 third option guy. Davis is averaging 15,7+4,7 as for now. Well done poop.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uz I originally protested being called a sniffer but when I figured out the ~ I edited
    My post to nvm
    Too bad Davis and Pop could not figure out how to be effective. I think Davis as SF was the answer.
    Agreed, playing Davis at SF and DDR back to SG would be better regardless of who the other 3 guys are.

Thread Information