Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    "We don't need Bertans cause he sucks on defense"

Imagine saying this when Bellini and Mills play major minutes on this team. ing re ed sniffers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans with 32 and 9 in 30 mins on 8-12 from 3. Lol we gave this dude up for nothing
    The rest of the Wiz went 3 for 23 on threes, and that killed them.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The one thing nobody can get around is that Bert is shooting .452 from 3P, on 8.5 attempts per game. His team isn't putting the ball through the rim for him. Is it a fluke? Is he more motivated? Or just being used more effectively?

Nah - two things nobody can get around. The other is that we have ing Belinelli, who managed to improve his 3P% to .333 with a single 4-5 performance, because his volume has been so low. Bertans would probably only be getting 3.0 attempts if he was on this team. Maybe less, because he's be sharing minutes with Beli.

Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn this hurts to watch.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He would be useful but he gone.

Now what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop just could not figure out how to use Davis effectively.
    But that’s Davis’ fault.

-sniffer

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Now what?

LOL. Hard to argue with. This season, now nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But that’s Davis’ fault.

-sniffer
    Never mind

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wasn’t directing that at you specifically. I agree with your comment.

I’m saying the sniffers are going out of their way in this thread to say Bertans going 8/12 would be useless to the Spurs because he doesn’t play defense.

So many players on this roster can’t play defense. But we know Pop ain’t trading culture Patty, or his little engine that could Forbes. They can’t rebound, they can’t run a fast break, they can’t block shots. They also can’t shoot like Bertans and aren’t big enough to get their shot off against pretty much anyone. But Bertans had to go because of his defense and rebound issues, even though Pop was playing him out of position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wasn’t directing that at you specifically. I agree with your comment.

I’m saying the sniffers are going out of their way in this thread to say Bertans going 8/12 would be useless to the Spurs because he doesn’t play defense.

So many players on this roster can’t play defense. But we know Pop ain’t trading culture Patty, or his little engine that could Forbes. They can’t rebound, they can’t run a fast break, they can’t block shots. They also can’t shoot like Bertans and aren’t big enough to get their shot off against pretty much anyone. But Bertans had to go because of his defense and rebound issues, even though Pop was playing him out of position.
    Uz I originally protested being called a sniffer but when I figured out the ~ I edited
    My post to nvm
    Too bad Davis and Pop could not figure out how to be effective. I think Davis as SF was the answer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Morris was supposed to be a 15+5 third option guy. Davis is averaging 15,7+4,7 as for now. Well done poop.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uz I originally protested being called a sniffer but when I figured out the ~ I edited
    My post to nvm
    Too bad Davis and Pop could not figure out how to be effective. I think Davis as SF was the answer.
    Agreed, playing Davis at SF and DDR back to SG would be better regardless of who the other 3 guys are.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    probably f.o. thought hey had to choose between Davis and Forbes...and choose the latter. You can't hide everybody on defense and both were and actually are, clear liablities in that sense. The difference, and the reason I preferred Davis over Forbes, is that Davis has some qualities that you can't teach...like lenght. Just for that reason he can be, imho, a volume three point shooter with a high percentage and a more than decent cutter using his advantage over smaller people that use to play the G/SF role...something really valuable in these days and something Forbes probably will never be (volume 3 p shooter) or be able to become (cutter with high percentage) just because, also if his shooting form is perfect, he's not fast enough nor a ball handler enough to overcome his lenght deficit.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    PATFO traded the wrong spur.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    probably f.o. thought hey had to choose between Davis and Forbes...and choose the latter. You can't hide everybody on defense and both were and actually are, clear liablities in that sense. The difference, and the reason I preferred Davis over Forbes, is that Davis has some qualities that you can't teach...like lenght. Just for that reason he can be, imho, a volume three point shooter with a high percentage and a more than decent cutter using his advantage over smaller people that use to play the G/SF role...something really valuable in these days and something Forbes probably will never be (volume 3 p shooter) or be able to become (cutter with high percentage) just because, also if his shooting form is perfect, he's not fast enough nor a ball handler enough to overcome his lenght deficit.
    I gotta disagree with you there, the likely reason is the salary of forbes is not enough to sign Carroll. On a more serious note, PATFO probably thought that Carroll could handle the SF and Morris the PF, which turns out to be pretty far away from the actual situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing like losing the best spot up shooter in the NBA who’s 6’10” for nothing because you wanted to sign a low character individual who ed you over immediately. Good times

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They got screwed over twice, on the hindside PAFTO should just sign Lyles this past summer and call it done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude is having a career year. Doing stepback treys now. Isos. Even hit a fundamental fadeaway 2. Beal is deferring to him in clutch time. Drawing ing double teams in set plays. His name has entered the 6MoY conversation among the senior talking heads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylHBEYa3Q3g

Pop
    Putting players in positions to win
    World-class scouting and drafting
    Wasted on-court talent
    Spacing has been an issue since Aldridge became centerpiece
    Midget Bros. and Beli will fix the spacing
    Team doesn't need a 6'10'' sniper in his prime at a cheap contract

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he would have done it on any team except in the iso aldridge/demar system.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's just been one disaster after another ever since Zaza

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He would have seen less minutes than Forbes/Patty this year with this coach tbh....

Happy for him though, he's killing it outside of San Antonio as many predicted and the Wizards aren't even that much worse than the Spurs...

Washington should get a nice 1st rounder for him this season and Davis should be paid next summer. Meanwhile, the Spurs are probably going to back up the brinks truck for Bryn ing Forbes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Now what?
    Now the Spurs organization needs to do a mea culpa and analyze why folks on message boards, that have never been even close to Spurs' practices, have a clearer picture of the capacities of their players (or in this case, ex player) than their HoF coach; so that these mistakes don't repeat themselves in the future.

We are going kinda through the same thing right now with the overplaying of guys like Forbes, Mills and Bellinelli instead of the bigger ceiling guys like White, Murray and Walker.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Among qualified 3pt shooters, the current leaders in 3P%:

1. .516 George Hill
    3. .484 Marcus Morris
    5. .465 Davis Bertans
    21. .422 Aron Baynes
    29. .416 Patty Mills
    46. .398 Danny Green
    68. .378 JaMychal Greene
    89. .362 Bryn Forbes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "We don't need Bertans cause he sucks on defense"

Imagine saying this when Bellini and Mills play major minutes on this team. ing re ed sniffers
    Now, turn that around for all of the ers pining for Davis, when he's really just a 6'10" no defense playin' version of Forbes.

We're in the top 10 for Ortg, and the bottom 3 for Drtg. How much would Davis really help?

Thread Information