Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the heck, it worked with DJ.

He's the other promising guy we have to save our near future. Besides that it makes sense to start him for the following reasons:

-Shooting. The current starting lineup (Murray, Green, Anderson, Aldridge, Gasol) only has one high volume three point shooter: Danny. Switching Bertans for Gasol would bring more balance to the SL on that regard.

-A more rational rotation. The only two true bigmam worth a are Gasol and Aldridge. Splitting them up will help keep the rotations reasonable and avoid playing Lauvergne.

-Offense in general. That's were we are most hurting and metrics wise Bertans is one of our best offensive players. Having him play more should help us there.

-Anderson and Dejounte can make up for Bertans' lack of rebounding.

-Keep shaking things up and prepare for the future.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You underrate Gasol’s defensive and rebounding impact in the SL. But it may make sense against teams that play smaller.

You can also start LMA and Gasol and still stagger minutes. Lauvergne will not play in the playoffs save for moments where they need to use fouls ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Against the rockets and warriors I think it’s a good move, against most other teams i wouldnt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Completely agree and have been saying this since before the season started... Seeing that I've been right about everything I've said so far this year, even though the criticism, I would hope we make this move

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Completely agree and have been saying this since before the season started... Seeing that I've been right about everything I've said so far this year, even though the criticism, I would hope we make this move

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is probably necessary in today's NBA where some teams start 4 wing players and a stretch big...and it solves the problem of having only 2 centers on the roster. Pau should play well in a second unit with Mills and Manu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gasol's high low game with LA seems to be one of the primary success areas for the offense at the moment. Probably shouldn't be overlooked

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gasol's high low game with LA seems to be one of the primary success areas for the offense at the moment. Probably shouldn't be overlooked
    Not enough... Two successful high low passes a game shouldn't determine whether one needs to start or not... We should play Gasol till he is 50 because he can high low pass? Bertans has the athleticism and footspeed to guard on switches (which pop loves to do, and the elite teams like Houston and Golden State intentionally do because they know they can exploit Gasol)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to mention it opens up the floor for DJ to wreak havoc on drives

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And let's not forget Bertans isn't too shabby of a passer either.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the concept OP.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only would work with DM on the lineup.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sadly the Spurs offense is at its best with both Gasol and Aldridge on the floor at the same time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's a good fit alongside murray fwiw

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It has the potential to save Aldridge some minutes of wear and tear. He is playing really long minutes most games anyways and asked to post up and body up both on offense and defense (rebounding and blocking bigs out). Even staggering him with Gasol isn’t saving or sparing his body some and Gasol himself has been playing through some wrist pain.

I thought b4 the season started that there was a chance Rudy would be starting too, b4 it became known injuries would rule the day.

One side effect of the injuries is that this team is not the initial team Pop planned to play. I think Davis also fits in a slightly faster style better than Gasol and with the Spurs missing some scorers right now in Rudy and Kawhi who can easily score in half court sets they are pushing the pace more which suits Dejounte.

Davis physically would have to hold up though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's a good fit alongside murray fwiw
    Anderson too. He gets shots assisted from him almost every game they play together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also his shooting would need to become more regular. He’s playing every game now and is more prone to 1-7 than 6-7 shooting nights from 3. Gasol is a more versatile scorer, a better passer rebounder and rim protector... but the faster pace is better for everyone else. They hadn’t scored this much in a while and that was with Davis and Danny both having cold shooting nights.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans is underrated on here!!! He can pass, defend, rebound pretty damn well. He sure as can move his feet 10 times better that Pau!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good to see that people are seeing the light, the gravity of Bertans is a factor that can not be despised in a team so inept offensively

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been seeing it myself. Like DM, he needs reps. I just hope when Rudy comes back, Bertans don't get shelved. No knock on Gay, but I think Davis is a better fit.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pau throws nearly as many bad passes as good

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to mention it opens up the floor for DJ to wreak havoc on ball movement and turn it over more than he assists

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sadly the Spurs offense is at its best with both Gasol and Aldridge on the floor at the same time.
    we only know that because thats how it usually is...we havent tried the alternative long enough

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People are forgetting that Cavs are horrible at defense. Everyone ‘s stats were inflated.

Thread Information