Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now, turn that around for all of the ers pining for Davis, when he's really just a 6'10" no defense playin' version of Forbes.

We're in the top 10 for Ortg, and the bottom 3 for Drtg. How much would Davis really help?
    If you're arguing that having Forbes instead of Bertans makes no difference....

- are you also saying that Forbes plays defense while Bert doesn't?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Among qualified 3pt shooters, the current leaders in 3P%:

1. .516 George Hill
    3. .484 Marcus Morris
    5. .465 Davis Bertans
    21. .422 Aron Baynes
    29. .416 Patty Mills
    46. .398 Danny Green
    68. .378 JaMychal Greene
    89. .362 Bryn Forbes
    I guess this confirms the original idea of receiving Morris for Bertans. Bummer!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're arguing that having Forbes instead of Bertans makes no difference....

- are you also saying that Forbes plays defense while Bert doesn't?
    Reading is fundamental.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reading is fundamental.
    Ex, nobody Sniffs and toes the company line harder than you. But that might have been your masterpiece

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now the Spurs organization needs to do a mea culpa and analyze why folks on message boards, that have never been even close to Spurs' practices, have a clearer picture of the capacities of their players (or in this case, ex player) than their HoF coach; so that these mistakes don't repeat themselves in the future.

We are going kinda through the same thing right now with the overplaying of guys like Forbes, Mills and Bellinelli instead of the bigger ceiling guys like White, Murray and Walker.
    Really? Analyze message boards?

Meaning you.

your ego, dude.

It's not going to happen. You're not better than any of them. You're a nobody.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ex, nobody Sniffs and toes the company line harder than you. But that might have been your masterpiece
    Telling you to re-read my post because you misstated my position is toeing the company line? mmmm okay?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really? Analyze message boards?

Meaning you.

your ego, dude.

It's not going to happen. You're not better than any of them. You're a nobody.
    I wasn't the only one advocating for Bertans nor the only one advocating for Murray, White and Walker to start getting more minutes over Forbes, Mills and Bellinelli. I'm not the one that made a thread saying that Forbes as a starter is a failed experiment, tbh.

And if me and other fans are nobodies in Spurs related issues then It's even a sadder look for the Spurs' management and coaches that a bunch of nobodies have a better sense of how some rotations and/or players should be managed, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now, turn that around for all of the ers pining for Davis, when he's really just a 6'10" no defense playin' version of Forbes.

We're in the top 10 for Ortg, and the bottom 3 for Drtg. How much would Davis really help?
    Forbes doesn't even come close to being the type of player Bertans is, neither on defense nor on offense. Forbes is, at best, a 15 minutes guy. Bertans is a high end, championship level role player. A closer, a top 5 guy.

And this is exactly what all the fuss is about: Pop and the Spurs making a huge judgement mistake and choosing the lesser player over the much better one. It's like if back on the day, the Spurs would have chosen Sean Marks over Robert Horry.

And this is not the first time they make this type of mistake, they have been making these type of mistakes (mistakes that most fans knew were awful decisions from the get go. No hindsight needed) for a while now. The Parker extension, The Mills extension, the Gasol extension, trading for DeRozan, etc, etc, etc. All these decisions have led to this very bad present, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Imagine comparing this guy to Bryn Forbes.

And again, look how the Wizards get into a deep ass hole to begin halves only to make it a game as soon as Bertans gets into the game. I wonder if Brooks will start consider starting him and playing him 35+ minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A 6’1 guy that can shoot 3’s? Dime a dozen. Gary Neal was the same thing too. 6’10 guys that can shoot are something else. A 6’10 guy that can shoot on the move, off screens and pindowns... something entirely different

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes doesn't even come close to being the type of player Bertans is, neither on defense nor on offense. Forbes is, at best, a 15 minutes guy. Bertans is a high end, championship level role player. A closer, a top 5 guy.

And this is exactly what all the fuss is about: Pop and the Spurs making a huge judgement mistake and choosing the lesser player over the much better one. It's like if back on the day, the Spurs would have chosen Sean Marks over Robert Horry.

And this is not the first time they make this type of mistake, they have been making these type of mistakes (mistakes that most fans knew were awful decisions from the get go. No hindsight needed) for a while now. The Parker extension, The Mills extension, the Gasol extension, trading for DeRozan, etc, etc, etc. All these decisions have led to this very bad present, tbh.
    He got played off the floor in the playoffs by Paul Milsap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He would be useful but he gone.

Now what?
    This is a fan message board.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He got played off the floor in the playoffs by Pop.
    Fixed it for you, tbh.

Bertans was wiped out of the rotation after a couple of games but Bellinelli and Mills could brick their way into a full series. Patty even played the last 15+ minutes of game 7 despite not making a single 3. I'm sure Bertans could have hit at least one if given that much confidence, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He got played off the floor in the playoffs by Paul Milsap.
    Crofl like Beli and Mills were getting their minutes cut by the old man when they were straight garbage in that series.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If not for Morris, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Because Bertans would be on the bench in SA, and nobody would know that he can play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crofl like Beli and Mills were getting their minutes cut by the old man when they were straight garbage in that series.
    Fewer G options than F options at that time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If not for Morris, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Because Bertans would be on the bench in SA, and nobody would know that he can play.
    I would, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fewer G options than F options at that time.
    The ? It was exactly the opposite. DeRozan and Belinelli had to play SF because we didn't have enough forwards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The ? It was exactly the opposite. DeRozan and Belinelli had to play SF because we didn't have enough forwards.
    Oh you didn't know? Bertans can't guard the 3 so the genius decided to rely on Derozan/Beli/Patty/Forbes to guard the wings

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derozan was the starting SF all year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derozan was the starting SF all year.
    Yeah, because we didn't have enough F options at that time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine Bertans running in transition with the 2nd unit of Murray, Walker, Poeltl. Would fit like a glove. But hey we still have Belinelli

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, because we didn't have enough F options at that time.
    My comment related to your use of the words 'had to' when it was the situation all along.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My comment related to your use of the words 'had to' when it was the situation all along.
    The fact that they played DeRozan and Bellinelli out of position all season long doesn't mean they had more options at F than G, tbh.

Guards: White, Mills, Forbes, DeRozan, Walker, Bellinelli

Forwards: Gay, Bertans, Cunningham, Pondexter.

Now tell me again: Where did we have more and better options?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wasn't the only one advocating for Bertans nor the only one advocating for Murray, White and Walker to start getting more minutes over Forbes, Mills and Bellinelli. I'm not the one that made a thread saying that Forbes as a starter is a failed experiment, tbh.

And if me and other fans are nobodies in Spurs related issues then It's even a sadder look for the Spurs' management and coaches that a bunch of nobodies have a better sense of how some rotations and/or players should be managed, tbh.
    you're not better.

Get over yourself, dude.

Thread Information