Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334 LastLast
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If not for Morris, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Because Bertans would be on the bench in SA, and nobody would know that he can play.
    The egomaniacs would still be pursuing their alternative reality season, game by game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The egomaniacs would still be pursuing their alternative reality season, game by game.
    It is no longer alternative reality when everything I said would happen with Bertans, if given a bigger role, is happening, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you're not better.

Get over yourself, dude.
    Better at what? Realizing Bertans' potential? I think it is proven I was, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is no longer alternative reality when everything I said would happen with Bertans, if given a bigger role, is happening, tbh.
    Of course it is. You're talking about what would've happened were he on the Spurs.

He gone.

No one on the Spurs cares about you.

Now what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better at what? Realizing Bertans' potential? I think it is proven I was, tbh.
    You can't say how he would've been used this season had he stayed.

If you try, it's your alternative reality.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact that they played DeRozan and Bellinelli out of position all season long doesn't mean they had more options at F than G, tbh.

Guards: White, Mills, Forbes, Bellinelli

Forwards: Gay, Bertans, Cunningham, Pondexter, DeRozan.

Now tell me again: Where did we have more and better options?
    Forward. Scratch DD (since he's playing SF) and Lonnie (rook) from your available guards list for a realistic look at the lists.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans wasn't the best fit on the Spurs especially after Kawhi quit on the Spurs. It's hard to see a scenario where he would of made a big difference on this squad given Pop's rotations. If Pop made him the backup SF his minutes would be extremely limited behind DDR, maybe Pop would play Beli less with Bertans here which would yield some improvement. Even if Pop decided to play Davis in the SL at SF sliding DDR to the SG & Forbes to the bench, I am not sure the end result is any different. In a vacuum I would take Bertans over Forbes but that lineup would have just as much defensive issues as the current one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forward. Scratch DD (since he's playing SF) and Lonnie (rook) from your available guards list for a realistic look at the lists.
    Well then, scratch Bellinelli too, while we're at it, since Bellinelli played SF all season too. How is ty roster building a good excuse for Pop to play lesser players over better ones?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the apologists. This isn't hindsight; it was obvious this was one of the most offensively impactful role players in the league hiding in plain sight.

The fact that they didn't realize that, is embarrassing. They've now given away a top 5 player in the league and 3 other impactful players (Green, Anderson, Bertans) for 1 (Poeltl) in the past 1.5 years . . . and they wonder why they're in the predicament they're in.

I don't want to hear this "Morris screwed us" excuse either. They could have added a sweetner (Milutinov's rights or 1-2 2nds) to get someone to take Belinelli and if necessary, Metu, instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the apologists. This isn't hindsight; it was obvious this was one of the most offensively impactful role players in the league hiding in plain sight.

The fact that they didn't realize that, is embarrassing. They've now given away a top 5 player in the league and 3 other impactful players (Green, Anderson, Bertans) for 1 (Poeltl) in the past 1.5 years . . . and they wonder why they're in the predicament they're in.

I don't want to hear this "Morris screwed us" excuse either. They could have added a sweetner (Milutinov's rights or 1-2 2nds) to get someone to take Belinelli and if necessary, Metu, instead.
    another alternative timeline.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    another alternative timeline.
    ? Belinelli + Metu equate to Bertans' salary. They effectively choose irrelevant players and minor assets (such as the sweetners I alluded to) over one of the most offensively impactful role players in the league. There's no two ways about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ? Belinelli + Metu equate to Bertans' salary. They effectively choose irrelevant players and minor assets (such as the sweetners I alluded to) over one of the most offensively impactful role players in the league. There's no two ways about it.
    So the Wizards didn't want one of the most offensively impactful role players in the league and would take just anyone?

Pick a lane.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the Wizards didn't want one of the most offensively impactful role players in the league and would take just anyone?

Pick a lane.
    Who said anything about the Wizards? I'm sure some team with cap space, would have taken Belinelli and if needed, Metu's expirings for multiple 2nds or the rights to Milutinov.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who said anything about the Wizards? I'm sure some team with cap space, would have taken Belinelli and if needed, Metu's expirings for multiple 2nds or the rights to Milutinov.
    So yet another alternative timeline.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So yet another alternative timeline.

Nah, same timeline. It just would have required something this organization has become adverse to in recent years: Common sense.

Damn near any other organization pulls what they have in that timeframe, they're getting massacred by the media.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In retrospect it was a bad move.
    However at the time ( this summer) Bertans for Morris looked like a smart move. Yes, I know it wasn't a straight trade, but essentially was.
    I'm really happy for Davis, but keep in mind during this stretch his team is 1-6.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, same timeline.
    Did it happen?

No.

Alternative timeline.

caring about the media

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did it happen?

No.

Alternative timeline.

caring about the media
    Sound logic.

At trying to veer off topic because you know you don't have a leg to stand on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sound logic.

At trying to veer off topic because you know you don't have a leg to stand on.
    What's the topic now?

Multiple alternative timelines where Bertans is a Spur.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, same timeline. It just would have required something this organization has become adverse to in recent years: Common sense.

Damn near any other organization pulls what they have in that timeframe, they're getting massacred by the media.

LMAO at some of you letting Chump get your panties all twisted. The correct response is:

Alternative timeline? No . There's the box score and game recaps. Everything else is speculation and second guessing. It's what this whole site is built around.

Chump loves ing with people. Really loves it. But the point is still valid. Losing Bertans was unfortunate, but there's only so much that can be said about it. Nobody knows if he would have shot this well here - maybe being traded lit a fire under his ass.

People kept Scola threads going here for years. He played well in Houston. But during his time there, they went out in the first round, then the second round, then didn't even make the playoffs in the last 3 years he was there. Bertans being here wouldn't have transformed this team into a contender or anything close. But that's also an alternative timeline, isn't it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's fun to speculate how much Bertans would've helped.

Just as much fun as how much Morris would've helped.

But what does one get for it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's fun to speculate how much Bertans would've helped.

Just as much fun as how much Morris would've helped.

But what does one get for it?
    question answered

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One gets fun?

Maybe the first time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One gets fun?

Maybe the first time.
    you: It's fun to speculate

also you: what do you get you get out of speculating?

me: you have fun

you: one gets fun?

its fun. we do it all the time here, part of the reason we enjoy sports message boards. its fun to speculate hypotheticals. otherwise we can just read game recaps and call it a day. its fun to play armchair gm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chump set himself up.

Thread Information